Women's College Basketball

Re: Women's College Basketball

Postby Frank the Tank » 22 Feb 2017, 20:53

UConn women's basketball to be featured in HBO documentary.

I figure this will get a 45.0 rating in CT and a 0.1 rating across the rest of the nation.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JichaelDick » 01 Apr 2017, 00:13

I, for one, welcome our new maroon and white overlords.

CLANGACLANGACLANGACLANGACLANGA.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby SouthernYokel » 01 Apr 2017, 07:58

Clanga! That was an exciting game that the refs almost ruined for both teams.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby JichaelDick » 01 Apr 2017, 08:29

SouthernYokel wrote:Clanga! That was an exciting game that the refs almost ruined for both teams.

I missed it, but seeing the highlights and whatnot...Holy fuck had that flagrant won it for UConn...whew boy.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Frank the Tank » 01 Apr 2017, 10:57

JichaelDick wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:Clanga! That was an exciting game that the refs almost ruined for both teams.

I missed it, but seeing the highlights and whatnot...Holy fuck had that flagrant won it for UConn...whew boy.

Refs were not great, but I felt bad for them there. No win situation. Horrible time to issue that kind of foul call, but it clearly met the definition of flagrant one. There's no "fair option" for them there. I think the worst call was Gabby William's fourth on a clean block at the end of regulation. Either way Mississippi State outplayed UConn and the right team won in the end.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JichaelDick » 01 Apr 2017, 11:20

Katie Lou flopped like a champ, but that damn rule is so inflexible (the ball getting tipped screwed everything up, IMO). I really wish, on both ends, the NCAA would give refs SOME leeway.

That, of course, is also acknowledging the foul happened in real time and nothing was called. What if there hadn't been a dead ball situation and State had hit a shot to win by one at the buzzer? Would they have gone back and THEN issued the Flagrant 1? And holy shit, what would the takes have been?
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Frank the Tank » 01 Apr 2017, 11:27

JichaelDick wrote:Katie Lou flopped like a champ, but that damn rule is so inflexible (the ball getting tipped screwed everything up, IMO). I really wish, on both ends, the NCAA would give refs SOME leeway.

That, of course, is also acknowledging the foul happened in real time and nothing was called. What if there hadn't been a dead ball situation and State had hit a shot to win by one at the buzzer? Would they have gone back and THEN issued the Flagrant 1? And holy shit, what would the takes have been?

That would've been horrible.

But flop? [-X GFY.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JichaelDick » 01 Apr 2017, 11:29

I'm not a State fan (1996 men's team notwithstanding). Katie Lou flopped. Or maybe the correct term there is oversold it.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby JT99 » 01 Apr 2017, 11:44

JichaelDick wrote:That, of course, is also acknowledging the foul happened in real time and nothing was called. What if there hadn't been a dead ball situation and State had hit a shot to win by one at the buzzer? Would they have gone back and THEN issued the Flagrant 1? And holy shit, what would the takes have been?

EXACTLY!

If it is a no-call, then there should be no review.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby mj3528 » 01 Apr 2017, 12:05

JT99 wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:That, of course, is also acknowledging the foul happened in real time and nothing was called. What if there hadn't been a dead ball situation and State had hit a shot to win by one at the buzzer? Would they have gone back and THEN issued the Flagrant 1? And holy shit, what would the takes have been?

EXACTLY!

If it is a no-call, then there should be no review.

I could watch that gif all day. thank you uem
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Frank the Tank » 01 Apr 2017, 16:00

JichaelDick wrote:I'm not a State fan (1996 men's team notwithstanding). Katie Lou flopped. Or maybe the correct term there is oversold it.

Agree to disagree.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby TheWolf » 01 Apr 2017, 20:19

I was literally yelling at my tv. Not because I gave any fucks abut the game,but because I'm apparently unfamiliar with the rules and didn't know that could happen. How in the actual fuck can you wait till the next whistle and then decide to call a flagrant for something that happened 30 seconds ago? Does this shit happen in real basketball too?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Frank the Tank » 01 Apr 2017, 21:59

TheWolf wrote:I was literally yelling at my tv. Not because I gave any fucks abut the game,but because I'm apparently unfamiliar with the rules and didn't know that could happen. How in the actual fuck can you wait till the next whistle and then decide to call a flagrant for something that happened 30 seconds ago? Does this shit happen in real basketball too?

It's certainly awkward, but if the rules allow for going to the videotape at all for determining a flagrant, why shouldn't you be allowed to do that if the original foul is missed? The fact that they didn't call it originally was really bad for the refs IMHO.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JichaelDick » 01 Apr 2017, 23:59

I, for one, can't wait until 4 hour games become the norm when incidental contact becomes reviewable for flagrants.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Previous

Return to College Sports