Should the NCAA pay its athletes?

Re: Should the NCAA pay its athletes?

Postby SouthernYokel » 09 Mar 2017, 14:04

nerf66 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
JT99 wrote:Pay the players, take away scholarships.

Fin.

Separate the football teams from the universities. Colleges don't need to subsidize minor league sports.

I think if college football is separated from the university it lessens the experience. everyone realizes that 99% of college football players go pro in something other than sports. providing an education for those that want it seems to be a good thing.

In SI they did an oral history of the Boise-Oklahoma Fiesta bowl. So many of those Boise players had good jobs that had nothing to do with sports presently.

This is a MAWG post. Sorry.

Boise is a great example, because nobody gives a shit about Boise, and the school probably loses money on the football team every year they don't go to a New Years Six bowl.

Your statement is probably wrong.

http://college-sports.pointafter.com/l/3382/Boise-State-University-Football

Ill allow it, cheese is expected to be irrational when it comes to boise st.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 09 Mar 2017, 14:09

SouthernYokel wrote:
nerf66 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
JT99 wrote:Pay the players, take away scholarships.

Fin.

Separate the football teams from the universities. Colleges don't need to subsidize minor league sports.

I think if college football is separated from the university it lessens the experience. everyone realizes that 99% of college football players go pro in something other than sports. providing an education for those that want it seems to be a good thing.

In SI they did an oral history of the Boise-Oklahoma Fiesta bowl. So many of those Boise players had good jobs that had nothing to do with sports presently.

This is a MAWG post. Sorry.

Boise is a great example, because nobody gives a shit about Boise, and the school probably loses money on the football team every year they don't go to a New Years Six bowl.

Your statement is probably wrong.

http://college-sports.pointafter.com/l/3382/Boise-State-University-Football

Ill allow it, cheese is expected to be irrational when it comes to boise st.

Fuck them in their goddamn Mormon earhole.

Seriously though. That football team, playing in BFE Boise, Idaho, in some shit conference, made the school a $10M profit. Now, I don't know how they calculate that profit, I doubt it's straight net income, but still. Who gets that excess $10M? Capital or Labor? Considering that the only reason any soul outside of Idaho and the mormon church even knows there's a Boise State University is because of two fucking terrible drives in the 2006 Fiesta Bowl, I'd say that Labor deserves a slightly larger slice of that excess $10M in profit.

And don't give me that shit about how that money subsidizes other sports teams. Why should a bunch of predominantly African American football players bust their asses so that a bunch of white chicks can play tennis/volleyball/field hockey and get their school paid for?
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby SouthernYokel » 09 Mar 2017, 14:30

Because of title 9 man. You libs cant cut it both ways! If you pay the inwards you gotta let the snowflakes play parlor games on "scholarship," you dug this hole.

:mrgreen: if it wasnt obvious
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 09 Mar 2017, 14:42

SouthernYokel wrote:Because of title 9 man. You libs cant cut it both ways! If you pay the inwards you gotta let the snowflakes play parlor games on "scholarship," you dug this hole.

:mrgreen: if it wasnt obvious

I should have gone with "pay for Thad, Hunter, and Cooper play volleyball, soccer, and run cross country."

:mrgreen: indeed
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Previous

Return to College Sports