my failure is the best failure: the Vols thread

Re: my failure is the best failure: the Vols thread

Postby JichaelDick » 22 Dec 2017, 13:08

Colonel Angus wrote:Thank you for posting, mj.

mj3528 wrote:Asked about the rock and “Tennessee Browns” being used as a cudgel against his family, Jim Haslam chuckled as if it is ludicrous to think the Vols are now the pits of the SEC.

“We weren’t that bad,” he said of the winless SEC season and 4-8 record in 2017, citing close losses to Florida, South Carolina and Kentucky.

It was our worst season in over 125 years of playing football. But sure, Jim - we weren't as bad as the team your son owns that is the laughingstock of the NFL.

Why would a Tennessee booster brag about losing close to the likes of Sakerlina and Kentucky? I'm frankly glad you guys started revolting about Schiano.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby mister bacon » 26 Dec 2017, 22:58

JichaelDick wrote:

mj3528 wrote:Asked about the rock and “Tennessee Browns” being used as a cudgel against his family, Jim Haslam chuckled as if it is ludicrous to think the Vols are now the pits of the SEC.

“We weren’t that bad,” he said of the winless SEC season and 4-8 record in 2017, citing close losses to Florida, South Carolina and Kentucky.

It was our worst season in over 125 years of playing football. But sure, Jim - we weren't as bad as the team your son owns that is the laughingstock of the NFL.

Why would a Tennessee booster brag about losing close to the likes of Sakerlina and Kentucky? I'm frankly glad you guys started revolting about Schiano.

are you really?
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby JichaelDick » 27 Dec 2017, 01:10

We need some people taking control from idiots. I'm all for it.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby JT99 » 28 Dec 2017, 16:03

mister bacon wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:

are you really?

I've always found Tennessee fans revolting, fwiw.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby mj3528 » 28 Dec 2017, 16:06

JT99 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:

are you really?

Really?

2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby SouthernYokel » 28 Dec 2017, 16:07

JT99 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:

are you really?

OMG the ironing of a buckeye fan...you know I don't think this about you personally, but whew boy, just know I loled like a fatherly black man in a barbershop
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby JT99 » 28 Dec 2017, 16:17

SouthernYokel wrote:
JT99 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:

are you really?

OMG the ironing of a buckeye fan...you know I don't think this about you personally, but whew boy, just know I loled like a fatherly black man in a barbershop

to be fair, I was going for laughs.

Buckeye fans, as a group, are horrible humans and likely one of the circles of the new hell
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby SouthernYokel » 28 Dec 2017, 16:19

JT99 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
JT99 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:

are you really?

Buckeye fans, as a group, are horrible humans and likely one of the circles of the new hell

...hah, nice. you got me. up top!
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mj3528 » 28 Dec 2017, 16:20

JT99 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
JT99 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:

are you really?

UEM and I possess this self-awareness as I agree with what he wrote.

I think living in or near Columbus makes it worse for Buckeye fans. Some of my friends that still live there and are Buckeye fans who otherwise seem level headed say some pretty crazy things.

My friend that is a Michigan fan is the worst in this department doe.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby JT99 » 28 Dec 2017, 16:23

mj3528 wrote:
JT99 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
JT99 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:

are you really?

UEM and I possess this self-awareness as I agree with what he wrote.

I think living in or near Columbus makes it worse for Buckeye fans. Some of my friends that still live there and are Buckeye fans who otherwise seem level headed say some pretty crazy things.

My friend that is a Michigan fan is the worst in this department doe.

My interest in Ohio State football is indirectly proportional to my proximity to Columbus

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby SouthernYokel » 28 Dec 2017, 16:31

The Michigan fans I have encountered in these 2 outback bowls have been very polite. Maybe they're talking Michigan shit behind our backs but compared to Georgia or clemson they are saints.

They're probably just disappointed to be in the outback to begin with though so they're pre-defeated. We see that a lot in our "big" bowl games as south carolina fans. :/
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Previous

Return to College Sports