my failure is the best failure: the Vols thread

my failure is the best failure: the Vols thread

Postby mister bacon » 29 Oct 2005, 22:37

My condelences Colonel.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Colonel Angus » 30 Oct 2005, 08:42

What a debacle. We will be 3-5 next week. Heads should roll. At least the call-in shows will be entertaining this week.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby JohnnyDamon » 30 Oct 2005, 12:20

So, at 3-5, you'll have to beat Kentucky, Vandy, and Memphis. And after watching last night's debacle, I'm thinking 1-2 in those games wouldn't be too surprising. Angus, we may need to add the Vols to the Rebs/Gamecocks consolation thread, because this season has been horrible.
I've grown so used to you somehow, Lord I'm nobody's sugar daddy now, and I'm lo-oo-onesome, I've got the lovesick blues.
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby mister bacon » 30 Oct 2005, 12:21

Welcome to the humanitarian bowl Vols. Have fun in Boise.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby JohnnyDamon » 30 Oct 2005, 12:22

I'm thinking the game between Vandy and Tennessee may decide who gets the last bowl bid out of the SEC.
I've grown so used to you somehow, Lord I'm nobody's sugar daddy now, and I'm lo-oo-onesome, I've got the lovesick blues.
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby mister bacon » 30 Oct 2005, 12:23

Do they play AT vandy this year?

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby JohnnyDamon » 30 Oct 2005, 12:25

No, the game is at Neyland Stadium...of course, as evidenced last night, that probably won't make much of a difference.
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby mister bacon » 30 Oct 2005, 12:26

Losing a homecoming game no less. Ouch.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Colonel Angus » 30 Oct 2005, 12:27

JohnnyDamon wrote:So, at 3-5, you'll have to beat Kentucky, Vandy, and Memphis. And after watching last night's debacle, I'm thinking 1-2 in those games wouldn't be too surprising. Angus, we may need to add the Vols to the Rebs/Gamecocks consolation thread, because this season has been horrible.

Oh, come on - it's gotten bad, but not THAT bad. Vandy will give us a game, but there's no way in hell we lose to Kentucky or Memphis.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby JohnnyDamon » 30 Oct 2005, 12:28

Like there was no way in hell you lose to Memphis in '96, Angus? Actually, you're right, there is no way in hell you lose to UK and Memphis...but the Vandy game may decide whether you or 68th year senior Jay Cutler get to go bowling.
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby Colonel Angus » 30 Oct 2005, 12:31

After a year like this, regardless of how the rest of the schedule plays out, I would prefer not to go to a bowl. Fulmer has proven that he can't motivate the team for a lesser bowl game (see: the last two Peach Bowls we've played in,) so I would just as soon have the team stay home and watch the bowls on TV. Give 'em something to think about for next year.
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby JohnnyDamon » 30 Oct 2005, 12:33

True...that Peach Bowl game against Maryland was embarrassing as an SEC fan, especially since one of my buddies was at Georgia Tech and waving the "ACC is the greatest conference ever" banner.
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby clemensissatan » 30 Oct 2005, 21:33

Allow me to say right now that Jay Cutler sucks ass. He is worse than Spurlock. (Apologies, JD.) He is a horrid QB. Chris Burke (outfielder and tard alike) could play SEC QB better than that waste of sperm.
Enjoy your clams, cocksuckers.
clemensissatan
Pink Helmet

Postby JohnnyDamon » 30 Oct 2005, 21:40

Clemens, don't ever, ever say that Cutler is worse than Spurlock. I believe Cutler has a 31-23 win over Spurlock, while Spurlock has three wins against Memphis, Kentucky, and a D-IAA school in the Citadel...and remember HE IS THE STARTER. Robert Lane's performance against Wyoming was as bad as I've ever seen in any level, and I have seen some craptastic middle school quarterbacks. After that game, Lane was moved to FULLBACK...I would like to find whoever rated him the best dual-threat quarterback in America and kick his ass. Lane sucks.
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby SouthernYokel » 31 Oct 2005, 09:27

clemensissatan wrote:Allow me to say right now that Jay Cutler sucks ass. He is worse than Spurlock. (Apologies, JD.) He is a horrid QB. Chris Burke (outfielder and tard alike) could play SEC QB better than that waste of sperm.

cutler is a very good quarterback with an awful offensive line, no running back, and one wide receiver. I'd say a .500 record and two sec wins is pretty fucking good.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Next

Return to College Sports