Cock Talk

Re: Cock Talk

Postby ONTB » 20 Mar 2017, 21:33

Yeah, Thornwell is probably having the best season of any player in USC history and just a great season overall. 9th in PER. 2nd in win shares per 40 minuets. 1st in box plus/minus.

He's carried a pretty shitty team all year and into the sweet 16. Might even be playing himself into the late first round of the draft, which two years ago seemed very unlikely.

This run really came out of nowhere. We were terrible for the last month of the season and were easily the worst offensive team coming into the tournament. But I could easily see us getting to the elite 8 and then scoring 34 points in an embarassing loss against UF.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5429
Joined: 22 Jan 2005, 17:41

Re: Cock Talk

Postby mister bacon » Yesterday, 09:33

ONTB wrote:Yeah, Thornwell is probably having the best season of any player in USC history and just a great season overall. 9th in PER. 2nd in win shares per 40 minuets. 1st in box plus/minus.

He's carried a pretty shitty team all year and into the sweet 16. Might even be playing himself into the late first round of the draft, which two years ago seemed very unlikely.

This run really came out of nowhere. We were terrible for the last month of the season and were easily the worst offensive team coming into the tournament. But I could easily see us getting to the elite 8 and then scoring 34 points in an embarassing loss against UF.


frank martin is an excellent coach. there are a very small (but quite vocal!) contingent of IU fans who want him. i think a final four run might take a lil bit of the sting out of clemson winning a NC right?
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

bostonsucksmyballs wrote: I dont want to lose cred here.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 25170
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: The Real Racist

Re: Cock Talk

Postby SouthernYokel » Yesterday, 09:38

mister bacon wrote:
ONTB wrote:Yeah, Thornwell is probably having the best season of any player in USC history and just a great season overall. 9th in PER. 2nd in win shares per 40 minuets. 1st in box plus/minus.

He's carried a pretty shitty team all year and into the sweet 16. Might even be playing himself into the late first round of the draft, which two years ago seemed very unlikely.

This run really came out of nowhere. We were terrible for the last month of the season and were easily the worst offensive team coming into the tournament. But I could easily see us getting to the elite 8 and then scoring 34 points in an embarassing loss against UF.


frank martin is an excellent coach. there are a very small (but quite vocal!) contingent of IU fans who want him. i think a final four run might take a lil bit of the sting out of clemson winning a NC right?


The chinese year started on January 28. It is the year of the rooster. Clemson's chip was not in the year of the rooster. ALSO, next year's football chip game will occur before the chinese new year as well. SC athletic teams have been very good since the 28th. just saying, the chinese zodiac appears to be a real thing. I mean last year was the year of the monkey and look at all the BLM stuff that happened. i am embarrassed and proud of that joke at the same time
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 27966
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Cock Talk

Postby CourtesyFlush » Yesterday, 09:43

SouthernYokel wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
ONTB wrote:Yeah, Thornwell is probably having the best season of any player in USC history and just a great season overall. 9th in PER. 2nd in win shares per 40 minuets. 1st in box plus/minus.

He's carried a pretty shitty team all year and into the sweet 16. Might even be playing himself into the late first round of the draft, which two years ago seemed very unlikely.

This run really came out of nowhere. We were terrible for the last month of the season and were easily the worst offensive team coming into the tournament. But I could easily see us getting to the elite 8 and then scoring 34 points in an embarassing loss against UF.


frank martin is an excellent coach. there are a very small (but quite vocal!) contingent of IU fans who want him. i think a final four run might take a lil bit of the sting out of clemson winning a NC right?


The chinese year started on January 28. It is the year of the rooster. Clemson's chip was not in the year of the rooster. ALSO, next year's football chip game will occur before the chinese new year as well. SC athletic teams have been very good since the 28th. just saying, the chinese zodiac appears to be a real thing. I mean last year was the year of the monkey and look at all the BLM stuff that happened. i am embarrassed and proud of that joke at the same time

Harambe doe :sniff:
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 13393
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Cock Talk

Postby mister bacon » Yesterday, 09:48

SouthernYokel wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
ONTB wrote:Yeah, Thornwell is probably having the best season of any player in USC history and just a great season overall. 9th in PER. 2nd in win shares per 40 minuets. 1st in box plus/minus.

He's carried a pretty shitty team all year and into the sweet 16. Might even be playing himself into the late first round of the draft, which two years ago seemed very unlikely.

This run really came out of nowhere. We were terrible for the last month of the season and were easily the worst offensive team coming into the tournament. But I could easily see us getting to the elite 8 and then scoring 34 points in an embarassing loss against UF.


frank martin is an excellent coach. there are a very small (but quite vocal!) contingent of IU fans who want him. i think a final four run might take a lil bit of the sting out of clemson winning a NC right?


The chinese year started on January 28. It is the year of the rooster. Clemson's chip was not in the year of the rooster. ALSO, next year's football chip game will occur before the chinese new year as well. SC athletic teams have been very good since the 28th. just saying, the chinese zodiac appears to be a real thing. I mean last year was the year of the monkey and look at all the BLM stuff that happened. i am embarrassed and proud of that joke at the same time



Image

CourtesyFlush wrote:Harambe doe :sniff:


i en joyed the dicks out/tits out for harambe meme in 2016
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

bostonsucksmyballs wrote: I dont want to lose cred here.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 25170
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: The Real Racist

Re: Cock Talk

Postby Gregs Kite » Yesterday, 10:13

mister bacon wrote:i en joyed the dicks out/tits out for harambe meme in 2016


Agreed, lots of funny tee shirts from that:

Image

via Barstool Sports Store................................................................ of course.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 20244
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Cock Talk

Postby ONTB » Yesterday, 14:08

mister bacon wrote:
ONTB wrote:Yeah, Thornwell is probably having the best season of any player in USC history and just a great season overall. 9th in PER. 2nd in win shares per 40 minuets. 1st in box plus/minus.

He's carried a pretty shitty team all year and into the sweet 16. Might even be playing himself into the late first round of the draft, which two years ago seemed very unlikely.

This run really came out of nowhere. We were terrible for the last month of the season and were easily the worst offensive team coming into the tournament. But I could easily see us getting to the elite 8 and then scoring 34 points in an embarassing loss against UF.


frank martin is an excellent coach. there are a very small (but quite vocal!) contingent of IU fans who want him. i think a final four run might take a lil bit of the sting out of clemson winning a NC right?


Man, I don't know about Frank. He can coach defense, obviously, and the way they defend the perimeter and rotate is among the best in the country. But he does some strange things that make me question his feel for the game and his team. Like, he'll start trapping if they go down 8 or 10 mid way through the second half, and then get back in the game or take a lead. But he'll just keep on trapping even as the other team figures out the timing and sequence, and his guys get tired. Which eventually leads to a bunch of open 3s and layups for the other team. He tossed away a game at Vandy doing that this year. He'll also switch to the 3-2 zone for no reason, confuse his own team, and promptly give up 10 points before going back to man. And they fucked up the first half of the Marquette game by going under screens against the best 3 point shooting team in the country for some reason.

What he's done on offense has been much improved the last two years. He used to run an old school three man weave, even against zone, or just put guys stationary at the elbow. I mean, for 3 years they were unwatchable offensively. Now they at least spread the floor, but they pretty much rely on guard penetration-- get to the rim or kick for the 3. That's why Dozier can have a game where he misses 6 lay-ups or floaters and goes 1-7 from the line, while they score in the low 60s.

He's also missed on a bunch of big-time in state recruits.

Even with this run in the tournament, I'm not sure a major school should be beating down his door.

While this is all true, please don't take Frank Martin. My God, we've suffered enough.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5429
Joined: 22 Jan 2005, 17:41

Re: Cock Talk

Postby SouthernYokel » Yesterday, 14:13

not sure i could disagree with that take more. i love frank martin and think he's done an incredible job turning a tire fire of a program into a sweet 16 program that SHOULD be on its 2nd tourney in a row if the NCAA selection committee wasn't a bunch of poorly trained monkeys.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 27966
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Cock Talk

Postby ONTB » Yesterday, 14:20

Don't get me wrong, we're lucky to have Frank given our history and what Horn left. And these last two games have been orgasmic. But I don't think he's a great coach or recruiter. He's a good coach, good recruiter. Guys will kill themselves on the court for him. But if I'm IU or UCLA or even NC State, I'm not going through my ass to lure Martin away.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5429
Joined: 22 Jan 2005, 17:41

Re: Cock Talk

Postby CourtesyFlush » Yesterday, 14:28

ONTB wrote:Don't get me wrong, we're lucky to have Frank given our history and what Horn left. And these last two games have been orgasmic. But I don't think he's a great coach or recruiter. He's a good coach, good recruiter. Guys will kill themselves on the court for him. But if I'm IU or UCLA or even NC State, I'm not going through my ass to lure Martin away.

:lol: we got a coach--haven't you heard?

Image
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 13393
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Cock Talk

Postby ONTB » Yesterday, 14:34

CourtesyFlush wrote:
ONTB wrote:Don't get me wrong, we're lucky to have Frank given our history and what Horn left. And these last two games have been orgasmic. But I don't think he's a great coach or recruiter. He's a good coach, good recruiter. Guys will kill themselves on the court for him. But if I'm IU or UCLA or even NC State, I'm not going through my ass to lure Martin away.

:lol: we got a coach--haven't you heard?

Image


I know, but all the talk around Columbia for awhile was Martin to NC State.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5429
Joined: 22 Jan 2005, 17:41

Re: Cock Talk

Postby CourtesyFlush » Yesterday, 14:36

ONTB wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
ONTB wrote:Don't get me wrong, we're lucky to have Frank given our history and what Horn left. And these last two games have been orgasmic. But I don't think he's a great coach or recruiter. He's a good coach, good recruiter. Guys will kill themselves on the court for him. But if I'm IU or UCLA or even NC State, I'm not going through my ass to lure Martin away.

:lol: we got a coach--haven't you heard?

Image


I know, but all the talk around Columbia for awhile was Martin to NC State.

I didn't know that was the talk around Columbia, but when I listed out the possible replacements for Gott fired in the ACC hoops thread I listed Martin as someone who wouldn't come. #IKnowSomeBasketballButNotMuch
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 13393
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Cock Talk

Postby SouthernYokel » Yesterday, 14:52

i don't know who would be a good recruiter at SC over the time that Frank's been here, if i'm being frank. frank. i have no issue with his coaching as i think at least 60% of the problem is the low talent level of the kids playing for him. it's a vicious circle, and he's somehow pulled them out of it. two thumbs up.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 27966
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Cock Talk

Postby ONTB » Yesterday, 16:23

I love Frank. I'm probably just reacting to my feed blowing up with "give Frank a lifetime contract!" "pay him like calipari!" "build a fucking statue!" This is a great two game stretch, but they were dog shit for the entire month before and the excitement level for Martin was about 0. He's made 1 NCAA tournament in 5 years. Need to let this marinate a bit. Maybe he goes on a Gregg Marshal like run and half our fans can stop being pissed that we didn't hire Gregg Marshal.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5429
Joined: 22 Jan 2005, 17:41

Previous

Return to College Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest