Cock Talk

Re: Cock Talk

Postby ONTB » 27 Mar 2017, 17:45

CourtesyFlush wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:I know when i want insightful college sports talk, i go to Bob Ryan first

Bob Ryan's covered hoops longer than most of us (except for orez and lunch) have been alive. He's pretty plugged in.

South Carolina should have never left the ACC. I've seen different stories but I think Clemson had also agreed to leave but changed their mind at the last minute and stayed.

the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:I know when i want insightful college sports talk, i go to Bob Ryan first

Bob Ryan's covered hoops longer than most of us (except for orez and lunch) have been alive. He's pretty plugged in.

South Carolina should have never left the ACC. I've seen different stories but I think Clemson had also agreed to leave but changed their mind at the last minute and stayed.

for basketball? fine, i see that since the ACC has always been a great basketball conference. In literally every other sport it has been far more advantageous to be in the SEC. i would never switch, and this is as a bottom dweller for 85% of my lifetime in most sports.

Bob Ryan is fucking wrong. Smart Sexy Yokel is correct.

I'm not sure there is any straightforward right or wrong answer.

Frank McGuire and Paul Dietzel felt like they were poised for a long run of success in basketball and football in the early 70s, and UNC and Duke lobbied the ACC to really fuck with their ability to recruit. As a reaction, South Carolina made a verbal agreement with Clemson to leave the ACC and be a package deal in any future conference realignment. South Carolina actually left. Clemson thought it was just a bluff and stayed. Without conference affiliation, strange scheduling quirks and limited television exposure, McGuire and Dietzel eventually found it difficult to recruit and both were fired without having reached the national level success they thought they would. Revenue and exposure dropped and South Carolina's athletics spent the next 20 years mostly fucking around with brief, positive football blips here and there.

The only real positive is that as a football independent and part of the cobbled together metro conference, we were able to easily jump into the SEC when they expanded. Which has been its own double-edged sword. Great for revenue and exposure. But we were like a homeless person being pulled right off the street and being asked to work in a professional office. To say we were unprepared for the SEC would be an understatement.

There's still a lot of people who think South Carolina leaving the ACC was a mistake, but blame UNC and Duke for forcing South Carolina out. There was legit bad blood between the basketball programs for years. I think we've only scheduled UNC 4 or 5 times and Duke once since 1971. And, of course, fuck Clemson.

Getting to the SEC has been great for the school, but if you asked people in 1981 if leaving the ACC was a good idea, most everyone would probably have said it was a major fuck up.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby mister bacon » 03 Apr 2017, 07:42

congrats to your mens hoop squad, y'all played a hell of a game. and congrats to y'all's women squad for bringing it home last night.

so it's official, y'all are a basketball school now. how does it feel?

2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby SouthernYokel » 09 Apr 2017, 10:14

I think the mens team probably wins like 15 games next year but its nice right now.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 10 Apr 2017, 08:49

SouthernYokel wrote:I think the mens team probably wins like 15 games next year but its nice right now.

Nothing like a deep run through the tourney and a spot in the final four only to win 11 games the next year. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby CourtesyFlush » 09 Aug 2017, 10:40

Got my tix for the Belk Kickoff Classic between the Cocks and SOTSG-famous NC State Wolfpack. Yokel, be there or be square. Or don't...no biggie.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 10 Aug 2017, 09:35

CourtesyFlush wrote:Got my tix for the Belk Kickoff Classic between the Cocks and SOTSG-famous NC State Wolfpack. Yokel, be there or be square. Or don't...no biggie.

i will be on cape cod for that game. tru fan.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby chrisco » 10 Aug 2017, 09:38

SouthernYokel wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Got my tix for the Belk Kickoff Classic between the Cocks and SOTSG-famous NC State Wolfpack. Yokel, be there or be square. Or don't...no biggie.

i will be on cape cod for that game. tru fan.

Pinkcocks ruined the Cape.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby SouthernYokel » 23 Aug 2017, 13:31

We have added fire to our entrance so...13-0.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 23 Aug 2017, 14:01

SouthernYokel wrote:We have added fire to our entrance so...13-0.

13 victims burned to death, 0 survivors?
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby ONTB » 28 Aug 2017, 08:37

The fried chicken jokes are the real fire.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby ONTB » 17 Sep 2017, 08:46

SouthernYokel wrote:We have added fire to our entrance so...13-0.

... and only one of the four fire pillars actually worked. We are complete garbage from top to bottom.
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby SouthernYokel » 18 Sep 2017, 07:22

I knew wins over NCST and Mizzou to start the season were pretty meaningless but i couldn't help but assume we would be able to handle kenbuttfuckingtucky at a night game home opener. And Deebo broke his ankle. This is the Will Muschamp football i have been expecting to see. GODDAMN that was frustrating to watch.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Theny » 18 Sep 2017, 07:31

SouthernYokel wrote:I knew wins over NCST and Mizzou to start the season were pretty meaningless but i couldn't help but assume we would be able to handle kenbuttfuckingtucky at a night game home opener. And Deebo broke his ankle. This is the Will Muschamp football i have been expecting to see. GODDAMN that was frustrating to watch.

Well at least UT and UF look like ass so there's that
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby ONTB » 18 Sep 2017, 11:16

SouthernYokel wrote:I knew wins over NCST and Mizzou to start the season were pretty meaningless but i couldn't help but assume we would be able to handle kenbuttfuckingtucky at a night game home opener. And Deebo broke his ankle. This is the Will Muschamp football i have been expecting to see. GODDAMN that was frustrating to watch.

Smoke and mirror wins where turnovers and special teams hid the subpar offense that continues to define Muschamp. Here he is again, sliding to the bottom of all the important offensive categories.

I don't know what it is... what he looks for in offensive coaches, how he practices, or what, but the man can't put a competent offense on the field.

We've put tens of millions into the program over the past decade, still have 80,000 plus show up to games, and yet, we're living through a four game losing streak to fucking Kentucky.
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby the cheese » 18 Sep 2017, 12:51

ONTB wrote:

Smoke and mirror wins where turnovers and special teams hid the subpar offense that continues to define Muschamp. Here he is again, sliding to the bottom of all the important offensive categories.

I don't know what it is... what he looks for in offensive coaches, how he practices, or what, but the man can't put a competent offense on the field.

We've put tens of millions into the program over the past decade, still have 80,000 plus show up to games, and yet, we're living through a four game losing streak to fucking Kentucky.

The magic of Fat Stoops.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports