Reggie Bush and the Trojans

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Nov 2005, 14:04

Portis's touchdowns are down this year youre right (my b), but he's still going over 1500 this year (850 yds in 10 games so far), and he's got 5 tds. 3 against the 49ers but still. 150 points is quality. At any rate, i wouldn't take a fantasy RB in the 1st round that i was unsure about. You get hosed that way. Besides, the real stud is always the guy someone gets in the 7th round. Last year it was Tiki, the year before it was Jamal Lewis, this year i guess it's the Denver guys.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 22 Nov 2005, 14:09

SouthernYokel wrote:Portis's touchdowns are down this year youre right (my b), but he's still going over 1500 this year (850 yds in 10 games so far), and he's got 5 tds. 3 against the 49ers but still. 150 points is quality. At any rate, i wouldn't take a fantasy RB in the 1st round that i was unsure about. You get hosed that way. Besides, the real stud is always the guy someone gets in the 7th round. Last year it was Tiki, the year before it was Jamal Lewis, this year i guess it's the Denver guys.

You are right, there are some finds later in the draft.....But if I am sitting at 6 or 7, and the guys I mentioned earlier are sitting there, and Bush is playing with, say, the Packers....I may be inclined to take Bush. That way, Id at least be excited about my pick, rather than doing the usual Deuce or J Lewis, and be bored......
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Nov 2005, 14:16

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:Portis's touchdowns are down this year youre right (my b), but he's still going over 1500 this year (850 yds in 10 games so far), and he's got 5 tds. 3 against the 49ers but still. 150 points is quality. At any rate, i wouldn't take a fantasy RB in the 1st round that i was unsure about. You get hosed that way. Besides, the real stud is always the guy someone gets in the 7th round. Last year it was Tiki, the year before it was Jamal Lewis, this year i guess it's the Denver guys.

You are right, there are some finds later in the draft.....But if I am sitting at 6 or 7, and the guys I mentioned earlier are sitting there, and Bush is playing with, say, the Packers....I may be inclined to take Bush. That way, Id at least be excited about my pick, rather than doing the usual Deuce or J Lewis, and be bored......

If you picked Jamal Lewis in the 1st round after this year, i'd laugh at you.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 22 Nov 2005, 14:18

Yeah, that would be funny. Whoever takes J Lewis better just pay up front.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Bleacher Creature » 07 Dec 2005, 19:58

If anyone hasn't seen this, check it out. Reggie Bush in high school. Check out the second one titled, "Reggie Bush: It is 619 all the time". Fucking amazing.
[Sun 15:41] Frank the Tank: J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Bleacher Creature
OG's sponsor

Postby Briandong79 » 07 Dec 2005, 20:00

Bleacher Creature wrote:If anyone hasn't seen this, check it out. Reggie Bush in high school. Check out the second one titled, "Reggie Bush: It is 619 all the time". Fucking amazing.

It goes without saying that having 2 players from the same high school go #1 in the draft in consecutive years is unprecedented, right?
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Colonel Angus » 07 Dec 2005, 21:08

Bleacher Creature wrote:If anyone hasn't seen this, check it out. Reggie Bush in high school. Check out the second one titled, "Reggie Bush: It is 619 all the time". Fucking amazing.

On the ESPN Motion menu to the right of the screen to "Cingular's All American Player of the Week... Barry Sanders" and you will see one of the college players better than Reggie Bush.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 08 Dec 2005, 10:50

The Bush video is sick. I didnt see the Sanders one though.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Briandong79 » 08 Dec 2005, 11:14

Only 3 players invited to the Heisman Ceremony this year

Not too surprising, I can't imagine giving a top 3 vote to anyone but Leinart, Young, and Bush, but it will seem weird to have fewer players than normal.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 08 Dec 2005, 12:24

Briandean79 wrote:Only 3 players invited to the Heisman Ceremony this year

Not too surprising, I can't imagine giving a top 3 vote to anyone but Leinart, Young, and Bush, but it will seem weird to have fewer players than normal.

Agreed. I never got all the Brady Quinn Heisman talk anyway. Really. Actually I thought Mike Robinson of PSU deserved to be in the Heisman talk more than Quinn.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Scoring Machine » 08 Dec 2005, 23:45

I honestly don't think I can remember another time when only three guys were at the ceremony....

The real question though???

Will Eric Crouch wear a tie to the festivities? He looked like SUCH a dick last year.
2005 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball Champion
05-06 SOTSG Fantasy Hoops Champion
2006 SOTSG Fantasy Golf Champion

Q. How do they practice safe sex at Oregon State?
A. By placing a warning sign on the animals that kick
Scoring Machine
Etiquette Instructor

Re: Reggie Bush and the Trojans

Postby Briandong79 » 20 Apr 2009, 16:11

Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby the cheese » 20 Apr 2009, 16:22

Front, Center: Die kitties, die!
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby God Shamgod » 20 Sep 2010, 20:13

Meant to post this last week, but the MNF crew painting Bush as the victim reminded me.

The reason this turned into a shitstorm was because he took the money/benefits, didn't hire the guy that gave it to him, and wouldn't pay back the money. They filed a lawsuit and all of this came out. He could have made this go away for 300k after he got drafted, but he was too stupid/selfish/arrogant to do it. That's a special kind of dick move. I don't give a shit about the Heisman, but he got off pretty easy for fucking over a lot of people. Everybody forgets this.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby mister bacon » 20 Sep 2010, 22:31

God Shamgod wrote:Meant to post this last week, but the MNF crew painting Bush as the victim reminded me.

The reason this turned into a shitstorm was because he took the money/benefits, didn't hire the guy that gave it to him, and wouldn't pay back the money. They filed a lawsuit and all of this came out. He could have made this go away for 300k after he got drafted, but he was too stupid/selfish/arrogant to do it. That's a special kind of dick move. I don't give a shit about the Heisman, but he got off pretty easy for fucking over a lot of people. Everybody forgets this.

he isnt getting off THAT easy. all his old teammates hate him, and he is basically persona non-grata in LA. everyone hates his ass. but yes.. you are correct about the 300k.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports