Reggie Bush and the Trojans

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 20 Nov 2005, 12:43

Does Texas have a shot against USC? I dont know, but I'd think they would. USC looks vulnerable. Leinart is overrated, IMO. Bush is disgusting. My god.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby sportsdorkhater » 20 Nov 2005, 13:12

i agree , texas has a shot. ND almost beat them, Fresno almost beat them, christ AZ State was up at the half on them. USC's defense isnt that good.
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Postby Parker45 » 20 Nov 2005, 21:33

I think it is VERY obvious what a team has to do to beat SC and that is develop a steady running game throughout. Fresno got fucked because they abandoned the run and started throwing INTs. I think Vince Young has a great chance to run all over the D, but they are going to have to match the Trojans score-for-score, otherwise they're doomed. I think it's very fair to say USC can score on anyone at anytime, but I would really like to see what they can do against a good defense...

I agree with SDH, though. Reggie Bush is far and away the greatest college football player I have ever seen. It will be a disgrace if Matt Leinart takes some votes away from Bush and VY wins the Heisman. I can't wait til Reggie's a Niner.
Parker45
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Scoring Machine » 21 Nov 2005, 00:40

sportsdorkhater wrote:i agree , texas has a shot. ND almost beat them, Fresno almost beat them, christ AZ State was up at the half on them. USC's defense isnt that good.

Oregon was beating USC at halftime as well.

I still don't trust Mack Brown to win a big game... and the Rose Bowl last year wasn't a big game, it wasn't against a rival or for the national title. Furthermore, THE Ohio State university choked that game away at the start of the year. I don't think Texas can count USC choking in the 4th quarter.
2005 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball Champion
05-06 SOTSG Fantasy Hoops Champion
2006 SOTSG Fantasy Golf Champion

Q. How do they practice safe sex at Oregon State?
A. By placing a warning sign on the animals that kick
Scoring Machine
Etiquette Instructor

Postby nova » 21 Nov 2005, 09:10

Scoring Machine wrote:I still don't trust Mack Brown to win a big game...

Truth be told, I would trust Mack Brown to do anything but recruit. Outside of loading his team with a lot of talent, Mack Brown has done absolutely nothing of consequence in his time at Texas. If Jim Tressel had played the correct QB from the get-go, Texas is in the argument with LSU-VT-Penn State-et al in the "which of the one loss teams is most worthy" argument. Mack Brown is the Rick Adleman of college football. He always seems to have the right parts to win, but when it comes down to it, he just can't do it.

In fact, Mack Brown = Coach Kline from "The Waterboy".
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby bostonredsox1002 » 21 Nov 2005, 18:32

nasty nova wrote:
Scoring Machine wrote:I still don't trust Mack Brown to win a big game...

In fact, Mack Brown = Coach Kline from "The Waterboy".

Foosball's for the devil!
Ultimate Frisbee record: 1-1
Back on track son.
bostonredsox1002
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Football Jesus » 21 Nov 2005, 19:36

Obviously running the ball is key to beating or staying competitive with SC - see Cal two of the last three years. However, I think balance is the most important thing of all. Keeping SC on thier toes, punching them in the mouth, and controlling the clock is critical. So too is containing Reggie Bush, which apparently only Cal has been able to do consistently.

Nevertheless, I don't think Texas can beat SC, not after that one month layoff allowing SC to get healthy and Pete Carroll to gameplan for Vince Young. Most of all, I'm damn sure Mack Brown won't be ready for the truth that is Reggie Bush.
Football Jesus
Doug Christie

Postby Scoring Machine » 22 Nov 2005, 01:34

I don't think you can blame Cal beating USC in 2003 to Reggie Bush being contained, underutilized would probably be the more correct statement.

He only rushed the ball four times.

Bush was a frosh at the time and third string on the depth chart.
2005 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball Champion
05-06 SOTSG Fantasy Hoops Champion
2006 SOTSG Fantasy Golf Champion

Q. How do they practice safe sex at Oregon State?
A. By placing a warning sign on the animals that kick
Scoring Machine
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Football Jesus » 22 Nov 2005, 02:51

I didn't say containing Reggie Bush was the integral part to their success against USC and certainly didn't say that was the case in 2003. However, they have essentially shut him down two straight years. Unfortunately for Cal their offense wasn't up to the task this year; otherwise that could have been an incredible game.
Football Jesus
Doug Christie

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 22 Nov 2005, 13:33

Depending on the team that drafts Bush, he could go 3 or 4 in fantasy drafts next year......LT, Shaun A, and Prince Peyton would certainly still be the top 3, but then.......
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby NYCowboy » 22 Nov 2005, 13:39

Interesting point. But let's say he goes to the Texans with no O-line.

But if he goes somewhere where he's gonna start right away, and he has a decent line in front of him, he's gotta be a first-round pick.
NYCowboy
Hope College Alum

Location: On my way out of the closet as a flaming Romosexual

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Nov 2005, 13:44

NYCowboy wrote:Interesting point. But let's say he goes to the Texans with no O-line.

But if he goes somewhere where he's gonna start right away, and he has a decent line in front of him, he's gotta be a first-round pick.

Anyone who picks a rookie (especially a top 5 draft choice rookie) in the 1st round of fantasy picks is a chump. You have NO IDEA what they're going to do. I agree that bush would be a good 2nd or 3rd fantasy RB, but since that is the highest scoring position in most leagues, it would be hard to justify picking him when there are ANY experienced RB's still on the board.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 22 Nov 2005, 13:52

SouthernYokel wrote:Anyone who picks a rookie (especially a top 5 draft choice rookie) in the 1st round of fantasy picks is a chump. You have NO IDEA what they're going to do. I agree that bush would be a good 2nd or 3rd fantasy RB, but since that is the highest scoring position in most leagues, it would be hard to justify picking him when there are ANY experienced RB's still on the board.

I disagree. After Alexander and Tomlinson, and maybe Edge, what top fantasy pick this year even produced like they were expected to? Julius and Kevin Jones? Steven Jackson? Deuce? Portis? Priest. Please. I'd rather take a flyer on The President over those run of the mill fantasy bumbs.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Nov 2005, 13:54

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:Anyone who picks a rookie (especially a top 5 draft choice rookie) in the 1st round of fantasy picks is a chump. You have NO IDEA what they're going to do. I agree that bush would be a good 2nd or 3rd fantasy RB, but since that is the highest scoring position in most leagues, it would be hard to justify picking him when there are ANY experienced RB's still on the board.

I disagree. After Alexander and Tomlinson, and maybe Edge, what top fantasy pick this year even produced like they were expected to? Julius and Kevin Jones? Steven Jackson? Deuce? Portis? Priest. Please. I'd rather take a flyer on The President over those run of the mill fantasy bumbs.

I'd take Tiki, either of the jones's, portis (who had a monster 1st 5 games, short memory there), Larry Johnson, Cadillac, or Ronnie Brown before Bush. If he goes to the pack, the texans or the jets, he's not doing shit next year, i don't care if he's superman.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 22 Nov 2005, 13:56

Portis had a monster 1st 5 games? He didnt have a TD until like the 5th game........All Im saying is, it depends who gets him. If the Jets or the 49ers get him, forget it. It depends on the situation.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports