CUM Champion: The Ohio State University

Re: CUM Champion: The Ohio State University

Postby mj3528 » 03 Jan 2017, 16:03

mister bacon wrote:why is the WR coach on this ice? why did the QB coach get fired? he made decent CFB QBs out of three guys who can't really throw. or is URB just blaming everyone because he wont take responsibility for getting shut out.

As you recall Tom Herman was the OC/QB coach in 2014. They could pass. They won the 'chip. After he left the play-calling has been terrible and both JT Barrett and Cardale Jones regressed after Herman left.

The WR corps was really bad this year. They got zero production out of the WRs except for Curtis Samuel, who is not really a WR. Fairly or unfairly, that lack of production is often going to fall on the coach of that position.

The O-line was bad against Michigan and just awful against Clemson. Ed Warnier is in charge of the O-line. Urb does deserve some blame as the supposed O-line depth is not there. A true freshman started at guard, and when he was hurt and wasn't the same, they couldn't put in anyone better.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby mister bacon » 03 Jan 2017, 22:02

mj3528 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:why is the WR coach on this ice? why did the QB coach get fired? he made decent CFB QBs out of three guys who can't really throw. or is URB just blaming everyone because he wont take responsibility for getting shut out.

As you recall Tom Herman was the OC/QB coach in 2014. They could pass. They won the 'chip. After he left the play-calling has been terrible and both JT Barrett and Cardale Jones regressed after Herman left.

The WR corps was really bad this year. They got zero production out of the WRs except for Curtis Samuel, who is not really a WR. Fairly or unfairly, that lack of production is often going to fall on the coach of that position.

The O-line was bad against Michigan and just awful against Clemson. Ed Warnier is in charge of the O-line. Urb does deserve some blame as the supposed O-line depth is not there. A true freshman started at guard, and when he was hurt and wasn't the same, they couldn't put in anyone better.

I wonder if Kevin Wilson will have to atone for pulling a Mike Leach at IU. I'm guessing not but I'm just curious about exactly what he did.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby the cheese » 04 Jan 2017, 09:43

mister bacon wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

I wonder if Kevin Wilson will have to atone for pulling a Mike Leach at IU. I'm guessing not but I'm just curious about exactly what he did.

I doubt it. No video, nobody gives a shit about what happens at IU football. Couple years as a coordinator, he'll get another shot in the MAC.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Goose » 04 Jan 2017, 16:52

I'm glad Ohio State lost. Fuck Greg Schiano.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Briandong79 » 08 Jun 2017, 12:25

So both McDermott and Hoiberg said no, any other former ISU coaches you want to take a shot at? Larry Eustachy? Tim Floyd?
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby mj3528 » 08 Jun 2017, 12:58

Briandong79 wrote:So both McDermott and Hoiberg said no, any other former ISU coaches you want to take a shot at? Larry Eustachy? Tim Floyd?

Just roll the dice on Chris jent.
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Briandong79 » 08 Jun 2017, 13:02

mj3528 wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:So both McDermott and Hoiberg said no, any other former ISU coaches you want to take a shot at? Larry Eustachy? Tim Floyd?

Just roll the dice on Chris jent.

So worst case you punt for a year and then at least can start from scratch, best case he turns out to be a great coach. Yeah, I think that's the correct play. Wonder if he doesn't keep the HC job if he'll come back on as an assistant like Fickell did.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby JichaelDick » 08 Jun 2017, 13:14

I know an alum who has a history of success in the B1G, and is currently unemployed...

TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby CourtesyFlush » 09 Jun 2017, 08:28

Holtmann is a really good get for you guys--even more so given the timing of the firing/hiring.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 09 Jun 2017, 09:21

CourtesyFlush wrote:Holtmann is a really good get for you guys--even more so given the timing of the firing/hiring.

We like the Butler plan for our coaches apparently. I don't know if Chris Jent is an idiot, but I kind of would have liked to see him given a shot.
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 09 Jun 2017, 10:13

mj3528 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Holtmann is a really good get for you guys--even more so given the timing of the firing/hiring.

We like the Butler plan for our coaches apparently. I don't know if Chris Jent is an idiot, but I kind of would have liked to see him given a shot.

Im not sure its a good hire. Seems like he was riding the coattails of El Presidente.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Briandong79 » 23 Jun 2017, 08:47

Woke AF (he's apparently one of tOSU's top football targets)
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 26 Jul 2017, 20:34

Nice work.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:

Someone died, Urb.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 31 Aug 2017, 20:19

My PSU pal texted me this evening in Q1

They are a fraud #2. They stunk down the stretch last year. Barrett is a bum- i hope he never graduates, let him start every year

:)

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby mister bacon » 02 Sep 2017, 22:04

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:My PSU pal texted me this evening in Q1

They are a fraud #2. They stunk down the stretch last year. Barrett is a bum- i hope he never graduates, let him start every year

:)

text ur friend and tell him I told you to remind him that his squad wears t-shirt and his coach touches kids
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports