Survivor: Millenials vs Gen X

Cause it has to have its own section....

Re: Survivor: Millenials vs Gen X

Postby JT99 » 15 Dec 2016, 12:37

Gaylord2 wrote:One trend I am happy to see is that players respect good game play more in recent seasons, and don't just vote for who hurt their feelings the least. Not sure if this a result of Survivor getting more fans on the show, the show becoming more popular, or just the next generation not being such a bunch of Sallys. The all time worst of this was of course when a bunch of alleged "all-stars" voted Sandra (who was brought to final tribal because she was completely useless ALL GAME) the champion because my guy Russell Hantz and Pavrati had hurt their feelings when outsmarting them all game... that was the the true low point of the show and an insult to the game, Probst, and all the great players that have played it... Probst even sounded off on them in the Reunion.

I agree with that, it's nice to see the finals made up of people who were actively playing and not 1-2 slugs who were dragged along because they'd be easy to beat on the last vote.

Still, I feel like Ken played an overall better game this season than Adam and it looked like the vote was going that way until he revealed the information about his mom. Truly awful story about when he got home. Feel for the kid.

One worsening trend is people being voted out then saying, "Welp, this just proves that I was so strong that everyone saw me as too much of a threat." Actually, it shows that you weren't in-tune enough to know that you were getting blindsided.

Sandra needs to go out vote one. Tai out in vote two.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Frank the Tank » 15 Dec 2016, 12:47

I'm glad Adam won, but I wish Ken had gotten one vote so he would finish second over Hannah, who was not good at the game. It's not just being able to control votes, it's about having those votes make sense. Taking out Brent over David was dumb as shit.

I'm not sure the fake immunity idol accomplished anything, but it was entertaining.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JT99 » 15 Dec 2016, 12:52

Frank the Tank wrote:I'm glad Adam won, but I wish Ken had gotten one vote so he would finish second over Hannah, who was not good at the game. It's not just being able to control votes, it's about having those votes make sense. Taking out Brent over David was dumb as shit.

I'm not sure the fake immunity idol accomplished anything, but it was entertaining.

Yep, could have faked Jay out with an old shoelace and some driftwood (which is essentially what he did)
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Frank the Tank » 15 Dec 2016, 13:30

People have fallen for worse.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JT99 » 15 Dec 2016, 15:47

I know, right?

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby OJ8871440 » 15 Dec 2016, 16:18

I was kind of hoping that Adam was pulling a Jonny Fairplay...he wins the million and then runs to celebrate with his Mom right there in the front row

I did enjoy the fake necklace, made for a nice dramatic moment upon the reveal

Game Changers: ugh, more Sandra, Tai, and Cirie?? Also allegedly the rest of the cast is: Andrea Boehlke, Brad Culpepper, Debbie Wanner, Hali Ford, Jeff Varner, Sarah Lacina, Sierra Thomas, Troy "Troyzan" Robertson and Zeke Smith.
Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:39 pm Dr Jeckyll who the hell reads OJ posts?
OJ8871440
Rocky Balboa

Postby Frank the Tank » 15 Dec 2016, 18:43

OJ8871440 wrote:I was kind of hoping that Adam was pulling a Jonny Fairplay...he wins the million and then runs to celebrate with his Mom right there in the front row

I did enjoy the fake necklace, made for a nice dramatic moment upon the reveal

Game Changers: ugh, more Sandra, Tai, and Cirie?? Also allegedly the rest of the cast is: Andrea Boehlke, Brad Culpepper, Debbie Wanner, Hali Ford, Jeff Varner, Sarah Lacina, Sierra Thomas, Troy "Troyzan" Robertson and Zeke Smith.

I'm ok with more Tai, but I don't think he's a "game changer". Agree many of the others are a little played out.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby babylurch » 16 Dec 2016, 09:48

JT99 wrote:
Gaylord2 wrote:One trend I am happy to see is that players respect good game play more in recent seasons, and don't just vote for who hurt their feelings the least. Not sure if this a result of Survivor getting more fans on the show, the show becoming more popular, or just the next generation not being such a bunch of Sallys. The all time worst of this was of course when a bunch of alleged "all-stars" voted Sandra (who was brought to final tribal because she was completely useless ALL GAME) the champion because my guy Russell Hantz and Pavrati had hurt their feelings when outsmarting them all game... that was the the true low point of the show and an insult to the game, Probst, and all the great players that have played it... Probst even sounded off on them in the Reunion.

I agree with that, it's nice to see the finals made up of people who were actively playing and not 1-2 slugs who were dragged along because they'd be easy to beat on the last vote.

Still, I feel like Ken played an overall better game this season than Adam and it looked like the vote was going that way until he revealed the information about his mom. Truly awful story about when he got home. Feel for the kid.

One worsening trend is people being voted out then saying, "Welp, this just proves that I was so strong that everyone saw me as too much of a threat." Actually, it shows that you weren't in-tune enough to know that you were getting blindsided.

Do you think that it is a change in the players, or in the editing? I have not really watched since Season 1, when I felt misled by the editing that there was no chance that Richard Hatch could win.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby JT99 » 16 Dec 2016, 10:39

babylurch wrote:
JT99 wrote:

Do you think that it is a change in the players, or in the editing? I have not really watched since Season 1, when I felt misled by the editing that there was no chance that Richard Hatch could win.

That may be possible, but I really do think that there is a trend towards too many survivors thinking that they are strategically-advanced.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Frank the Tank » 16 Dec 2016, 10:56

It's definitely not just editing, though the editing probably enhances it. There are enough deep strategy discussions and braggadocio to the camera that people are definitely thinking at a high level.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JT99 » 16 Dec 2016, 11:11

Frank the Tank wrote:It's definitely not just editing, though the editing probably enhances it. There are enough deep strategy discussions and braggadocio to the camera that people are definitely thinking at a high level.

And quite a few who think that they are thinking on a high level, but aren't. That has been a little bit fun, but also a bit tiresome.

I wish that instead of "Gamechangers", the next all-star event was either Top Strategists or Past Winners. I also think that there should be a season around all of the people voted out on the first vote.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Frank the Tank » 16 Dec 2016, 11:14

I would watch any of the casts you propose. Are there enough attractive people voted out first to draw in Joe America though?

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 01 Mar 2017, 13:24

Does Survivor still only pay out $1 million to the winner? The show premiered in 2000. $1million in 2017 is only worth $709,000 in 2000. Seems like a ripoff now.

#SPREADSHEET
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby JT99 » 01 Mar 2017, 13:26

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Does Survivor still only pay out $1 million to the winner? The show premiered in 2000. $1million in 2017 is only worth $709,000 in 2000. Seems like a ripoff now.

#SPREADSHEET

The difference is more than covered by the increased exposure, if the cards are played well.

JT99
Between Bannings

Previous

Return to Reality TV