Survivor: Millenials vs Gen X

Cause it has to have its own section....

Survivor: Millenials vs Gen X

Postby Frank the Tank » 07 Sep 2016, 13:15

2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Re: Survivor: Millenials vs Gen X

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 07 Sep 2016, 13:57

If they were evacuated, they should all be DQ'ed.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby JT99 » 22 Sep 2016, 11:13

I'm going to be hate-watching the hell out of this season
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Frank the Tank » 14 Oct 2016, 08:23

Huge mistake this last tribal council. Just in case it's still on your DVR...

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
When's the last time they DIDN'T switch up tribes after the fourth tribal council??? If you're a super-fan you should know that. Playing your idol for someone else when the whole game is about to change in less than 24 hours is a huge mistake. Keep the idol. You may need it in your new tribe.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JT99 » 14 Oct 2016, 08:39

Frank the Tank wrote:Huge mistake this last tribal council. Just in case it's still on your DVR...

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
When's the last time they DIDN'T switch up tribes after the fourth tribal council??? If you're a super-fan you should know that. Playing your idol for someone else when the whole game is about to change in less than 24 hours is a huge mistake. Keep the idol. You may need it in your new tribe.

ESPECIALLY that guy
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Frank the Tank » 27 Oct 2016, 08:33

Was glad to see last night's vote. The Millenials have a huge edge in challenges and numbers, but so many of them are really bad players. Glad to see that finally get punished.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 03 Nov 2016, 11:03

Frank the Tank wrote:Was glad to see last night's vote. The Millenials have a huge edge in challenges and numbers, but so many of them are really bad players. Glad to see that finally get punished.

I'll never understand why they continually pick people who have never watched the show and/or have no idea how to play the game. It's the same thing with big brother. Some of these people are very frustrating to watch.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby Frank the Tank » 03 Nov 2016, 12:18

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:Was glad to see last night's vote. The Millenials have a huge edge in challenges and numbers, but so many of them are really bad players. Glad to see that finally get punished.

I'll never understand why they continually pick people who have never watched the show and/or have no idea how to play the game. It's the same thing with big brother. Some of these people are very frustrating to watch.

I think we're getting lots of super-fans actually, and they're all thinking way too deep. More like Joe Maddon type errors than just being stupid.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Frank the Tank » 17 Nov 2016, 09:25

True or false: Taylor was one of the ten worst players in Survivor history?

I'm leaning towards true. He did try to play an interesting gambit at Tribal Council, but other than that he was just a moron. An entertaining moron, sure, but a moron.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Frank the Tank » 23 Nov 2016, 06:06

Not loving that they're putting back-to-back episodes on tonight. TV watching won't kick in until sometime during Friday's turkey coma (football excepted).

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby OJ8871440 » 24 Nov 2016, 22:12

Frank the Tank wrote:Not loving that they're putting back-to-back episodes on tonight. TV watching won't kick in until sometime during Friday's turkey coma (football excepted).

Yeah I was not expecting that when I went to fast forward to the scenes for next week at 8:57 on my DVR

Great ending on the 2nd episode
Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:39 pm Dr Jeckyll who the hell reads OJ posts?
OJ8871440
Rocky Balboa

Postby Frank the Tank » 25 Nov 2016, 00:13

A good epic breakdown during the closing credits. They're certainly playing hard.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 25 Nov 2016, 13:45

Why in the holy hell would they agree to go to rocks? Both of the players up for eviction have flipped and flopped all game. Cut one them move on.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby Frank the Tank » 25 Nov 2016, 14:45

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:Why in the holy hell would they agree to go to rocks? Both of the players up for eviction have flipped and flopped all game. Cut one them move on.

You gotta make that decision to avoid rocks before tribal though. Cochran flipped in his first appearance to avoid rocks, and wound up ostracized and on the bottom immediately after.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Gaylord2 » 15 Dec 2016, 10:24

Hey guys (or just Frank as it appears to be) - I caught this season, it was pretty good, a couple of hilariously bad moves early (to speak to Frank's question - Taylor and probably Figgie were probably two of the dumbest players, but not the worst, since people will usually keep around someone semi-athletic), a lot of people playing too hard, and telling everyone that would listen that they were playing too hard, but some good moves and some good television.

One trend I am happy to see is that players respect good game play more in recent seasons, and don't just vote for who hurt their feelings the least. Not sure if this a result of Survivor getting more fans on the show, the show becoming more popular, or just the next generation not being such a bunch of Sallys. The all time worst of this was of course when a bunch of alleged "all-stars" voted Sandra (who was brought to final tribal because she was completely useless ALL GAME) the champion because my guy Russell Hantz and Pavrati had hurt their feelings when outsmarting them all game... that was the the true low point of the show and an insult to the game, Probst, and all the great players that have played it... Probst even sounded off on them in the Reunion.

Next season could be interesting with "game-changers" though it appears they whiffed on most of the actual game changers and had to extend the offer to some third tier contestants - am excited to see Tony the cop from a few seasons, will root against Ozzy (good athlete, terrible strategic player, and one of the ultimate you hurt my feelings guys as noted above) and Sandra (won two Survivors with a strategy of be so useless noone will view me as a threat and hope that the jury is butthurt at the good players, just awful). Sure there are a few other players I might like though...
Gaylord2
Farva's Driver

Next

Return to Reality TV