Survivor: Kaoh Rong (Brains v Brawn v Beauty II)

Cause it has to have its own section....

Survivor: Kaoh Rong (Brains v Brawn v Beauty II)

Postby Frank the Tank » 26 Feb 2016, 10:50

Still not sure whether I'm going to like this season. That was an epic tribal council failure this episode. One of the things I liked so much last season was how hard everyone was playing. I don't think the strategy is going to be up to snuff this season.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Re: Survivor: Kaoh Rong (Brains v Brawn v Beauty II)

Postby JT99 » 26 Feb 2016, 11:41

Yeah, it's going to take some time to warm up to this crew.

One guy gets openly caught looking for an idol, like a dummy, then an episode later, a woman talks her way out of the game at tribal.

Got my eye on tattooed, sunburned brawn guy. He won't win it, but he'll snap on somebody before the merge, I bet.

Scott Pollard should have gone into wrestling.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Frank the Tank » 10 Mar 2016, 14:27

Brutal episode. One contestant going down in a challenge is a risk. Three going down is poor challenge management by the producers.

I don't know who to root for. Seems like there are a lot of unlikable people.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JT99 » 10 Mar 2016, 15:24

Frank the Tank wrote:Brutal episode. One contestant going down in a challenge is a risk. Three going down is poor challenge management by the producers.

As we discussed, that was the first time that I've ever thought to myself that Survivor is pushing people too hard. I understand that it was hot but how are the bags buried in a way that it takes almost an hour to find them?

I seriously thought that the one woman was going to have a seizure.

Like you, I am unsure who to root for at this point. That usually doesn't bother me much this early in a season, but there are not many good candidates to root for either.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Frank the Tank » 10 Mar 2016, 18:30

JT99 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:Brutal episode. One contestant going down in a challenge is a risk. Three going down is poor challenge management by the producers.

As we discussed, that was the first time that I've ever thought to myself that Survivor is pushing people too hard. I understand that it was hot but how are the bags buried in a way that it takes almost an hour to find them?

I seriously thought that the one woman was going to have a seizure.

Like you, I am unsure who to root for at this point. That usually doesn't bother me much this early in a season, but there are not many good candidates to root for either.

I usually gravitate towards the person who's playing the strategic side of the game the hardest, but I don't see anyone playing well yet. Even the ER doctor doesn't realize that 2 is less than 4.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Frank the Tank » 15 Apr 2016, 07:24

Double post in this hyperactive thread.

This season is a subpar. Not horrible, but subpar. Tough to find someone you feel is worth rooting for. With eight people left I guess I'm rooting for Ty.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JT99 » 15 Apr 2016, 07:39

Frank the Tank wrote:Double post in this hyperactive thread.

This season is a subpar. Not horrible, but subpar. Tough to find someone you feel is worth rooting for. With eight people left I guess I'm rooting for Ty.

I still haven't found the one person to root for, maybe Michelle because I think that she is starting to play hard.

Who knew that Scott Pollard was such a dick? Not truly a Survivor villain just yet, doe.

Getting rid of Debbie was nice.

The tribals have been above average this year, but the rest of the show has lacked good drama.

Ty is a pussy. Stop rooting for him.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Frank the Tank » 15 Apr 2016, 09:33

Ty's not a great player, but I still like him. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The super idol needs to be driven out.

Russell Hantz was a great villain. He played hard and mean, but he was always focused on winning. Pollard is just a dick. Not impressive at all.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 20 Apr 2016, 21:57

Tai is one of the most frustrating players to watch. I can't stand him. I hope they eat his pet chicken next week.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby Frank the Tank » 21 Apr 2016, 14:40

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:Tai is one of the most frustrating players to watch. I can't stand him. I hope they eat his pet chicken next week.

Really? His stock went way the fuck up with me this week. That's a great move.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 22 Apr 2016, 00:37

He's too wishy washy. Such a wicked annoying individual. Dude would Dr me b-a-n-anas.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby Frank the Tank » 12 May 2016, 08:34

If eating too much meat at a reward challenge can wind up getting you pulled from the game for medical reasons, then I'm even less qualified to be on Survivor than I originally thought.

Not a horrible season, but not a great one either. If this is season number 32 this season probably ranks in the 20-24 range for me.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JT99 » 12 May 2016, 08:38

Frank the Tank wrote:If eating too much meat at a reward challenge can wind up getting you pulled from the game for medical reasons, then I'm even less qualified to be on Survivor than I originally thought.

Not a horrible season, but not a great one either. If this is season number 32 this season probably ranks in the 20-24 range for me.

Everything that you said rings true.

I think that I am rooting for Sydney to win, definitely not Aubrey and not Tai.

Michelle has grown on me and, frankly, I wouldn't mind growing inside her, if you catch my drift.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Frank the Tank » 12 May 2016, 08:43

I was rooting for Tai before but he has been corrupted by power. I wouldn't mind seeing Aubry win. Frankly, part of what makes the season so mediocre is that I have no one I'm totally rooting against or totally rooting for. A villain or a hero can make a season of a show like this. Having both is almost too good to be true. Having neither at the end is a good way for a show to fizzle.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 15 May 2016, 11:26

Frank the Tank wrote:I was rooting for Tai before but he has been corrupted by power. I wouldn't mind seeing Aubry win. Frankly, part of what makes the season so mediocre is that I have no one I'm totally rooting against or totally rooting for. A villain or a hero can make a season of a show like this. Having both is almost too good to be true. Having neither at the end is a good way for a show to fizzle.

The remaining players all suck but Tai is the absolute worst.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Next

Return to Reality TV