Survivor Cambodia: Second Chance

Cause it has to have its own section....

Survivor Cambodia: Second Chance

Postby Frank the Tank » 13 Nov 2015, 12:43

Anyone else still watching this season? I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Everyone seems to be a reasonably smart player (well, maybe not Abi). That last episode with the immunity idol shocking even that person's allies was great. Just goes to show how great idol play is when someone can keep a fucking secret. Pretty well cast. Good stuff.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Re: Survivor Cambodia: Second Chance

Postby JT99 » 14 Nov 2015, 03:47

Frank the Tank wrote:Anyone else still watching this season? I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Everyone seems to be a reasonably smart player (well, maybe not Abi). That last episode with the immunity idol shocking even that person's allies was great. Just goes to show how great idol play is when someone can keep a fucking secret. Pretty well cast. Good stuff.

Poor move by the nine not to split their votes, especially for experienced players. But, as you said, goes to show what you can do when you keep the idol to yourself.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Frank the Tank » 14 Nov 2015, 10:17

Well, not splitting the vote is a poor move if the nine are all loyal, but it leaves you open to two people in the five block backstabbing by joining the minority. The idol is the Achilles heel for voting against one name, but easier execution of shenanigans is the Achilles for splitting the votes.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Frank the Tank » 27 Nov 2015, 12:47

...and that was an example of vote splitting being costly because not everyone could be trusted.

This is one of my favorite seasons in a while. Not an all-time great season, but very good.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JT99 » 27 Nov 2015, 13:20

Frank the Tank wrote:...and that was an example of vote splitting being costly because not everyone could be trusted.

This is one of my favorite seasons in a while. Not an all-time great season, but very good.

Yeah, definitely would not have vote-split that time, absolutely cannot do it with this few players left in the game.

I agree, this isn't an all-time season but, well, well above average.

Tasha's admission (three times!) at Tribal Council that the pod system was breaking up and that it is alliance time was a horrific mistake. Even if everyone knew it, you don't say it AND continue to hammer the point home.

Good god, is Keith the worst player in history who would continually make the jury regardless of season. It's like he is invisible come vote time.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby JT99 » 16 Dec 2015, 16:16

Double post, GFY!

Big finale tonight.

I'd like to see Keith win for the lawls, but I realize that he has no hope. Seems like Jeremy is in a good spot right now.

Expecting 1-2 good twists and a boring set of questions from the jury (unless Abi's crazy ass gets sent there)

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Frank the Tank » 17 Dec 2015, 16:16

I thought the first tribal council of the show might have been the best tribal council ever. Certainly top-five.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
It was a little unfortunate to have a unanimous vote at the end. Would've liked Spencer to get one just so that he didn't finish tied for second.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JT99 » 17 Dec 2015, 19:46

Frank the Tank wrote:I thought the first tribal council of the show might have been the best tribal council ever. Certainly top-five.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
It was a little unfortunate to have a unanimous vote at the end. Would've liked Spencer to get one just so that he didn't finish tied for second.

Yeah, that was as interesting as it gets although I cannot imagine why the second vote finished 3-3. All Keith had to do was send Kimmie home on that round.

He's the worst strategist who is fun to watch in show history.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Frank the Tank » 18 Dec 2015, 10:34

JT99 wrote:He's the worst strategist who is fun to watch in show history.

Exactly. He was asked about strategy on an ew.com podcast where he supposedly said he didn't have a lot of strategy. Normally that pisses me off but Keith makes it work for him.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JT99 » 18 Dec 2015, 11:01

Frank the Tank wrote:

Exactly. He was asked about strategy on an ew.com podcast where he supposedly said he didn't have a lot of strategy. Normally that pisses me off but Keith makes it work for him.

I enjoy when Probst asks him questions and ultimately his answer is "Awww, hell. I dunno, Jeff."

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby klattamaniac » 18 Dec 2015, 11:49

JT99 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

I enjoy when Probst asks him questions and ultimately his answer is "Awww, hell. I dunno, Jeff."

I liked how Keith used some "old man strength" to win a couple challenges. You just think to yourself "where the hell did that come from?", like the challenge when Joe passed out and Keith was still chugging along balancing the ball on the 20-foot pole.
klattamaniac
Hope College Alum

Postby Frank the Tank » 23 Nov 2016, 10:43

For those who remember this season of Survivor: remember when Terry was pulled from the show due to his sick son back home? Well that kid is doing much better now, and is even playing football again.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Return to Reality TV