Survivor: Blood vs. Water

Cause it has to have its own section....

Re: Survivor: Blood vs. Water

Postby JT99 » 05 Dec 2013, 16:59

Frank the Tank wrote:I was slow to warm up to this season. I *hate* when they take a vote in the first minutes of the first show. I didn't start watching until eight episodes had aired, then I caught up fairly quickly. After last night's episode, I'm thrilled that I kept with it. That was epic IMO.

Perhaps the best tribal council of all time. Brilliant, brilliant move and even better that he keeps selling Tyson as the automatic winner while carrying Gervais and Ciera / Monica to the finals with him.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Frank the Tank » 05 Dec 2013, 18:52

JT99 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:I was slow to warm up to this season. I *hate* when they take a vote in the first minutes of the first show. I didn't start watching until eight episodes had aired, then I caught up fairly quickly. After last night's episode, I'm thrilled that I kept with it. That was epic IMO.

Perhaps the best tribal council of all time. Brilliant, brilliant move and even better that he keeps selling Tyson as the automatic winner while carrying Gervais and Ciera / Monica to the finals with him.

Agreed. I've been surprised that these things don't go to rocks more often. When you're in a position that your days are numbered, why not take a 1-in-X chance of tipping the balance of power? The Fundamental Rule of Survivor is that when you're in the catbird seat, try to maintain the status quo. When you're at the botton, try to sow chaos. Hayden brilliantly sowed those seeds. I was rooting for Tyson for much of the season, but after yesterday's "I'm afraid it's going to get pulled out from under me and I've worked too hard" teary confession, and his statement to Katie that "your seat is over there somewhere", I'm hoping he loses. Hayden is my new favorite. Gervase isn't very good at the game. Monica is enough of a challenge threat that she should avoid the total "you're on everyone else's coattails" trap. It'll be interesting.

Major mistake by Caleb to keep building after he didn't need any more height on Redemption.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JT99 » 05 Dec 2013, 20:32

Frank the Tank wrote:Major mistake by Caleb to keep building after he didn't need any more height on Redemption.

No kidding, I couldn't believe that he didn't just stop building. He was in the lead by a couple of feet at the time.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby BFP » 09 Dec 2013, 10:41

Frank the Tank wrote:
JT99 wrote:

Agreed. I've been surprised that these things don't go to rocks more often. When you're in a position that your days are numbered, why not take a 1-in-X chance of tipping the balance of power? The Fundamental Rule of Survivor is that when you're in the catbird seat, try to maintain the status quo. When you're at the botton, try to sow chaos. Hayden brilliantly sowed those seeds. I was rooting for Tyson for much of the season, but after yesterday's "I'm afraid it's going to get pulled out from under me and I've worked too hard" teary confession, and his statement to Katie that "your seat is over there somewhere", I'm hoping he loses. Hayden is my new favorite. Gervase isn't very good at the game. Monica is enough of a challenge threat that she should avoid the total "you're on everyone else's coattails" trap. It'll be interesting.

Major mistake by Caleb to keep building after he didn't need any more height on Redemption.

I think the reason why is pretty clear: There are a lot of stupid/lazy players. One World (Colton's first season) is a perfect example of this. The hot Asian chick did LITERALLY NOTHING when she could have ousted Kim. But she was content with 5th place.

That's why that season sucked and this one is great.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Frank the Tank » 12 Dec 2013, 14:59

This is the weakness of Redemption Island. When a player comes back, regardless which of the three it is, he or she will be on the wrong side of a 3-2 deficit. The returning player isn't going to swing anything without going on an immunity run.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JT99 » 12 Dec 2013, 15:01

It's probably the wrong time to bring this up given that he was just voted out but I'd like to see Hayden put into the next all-star cast.

The kid is one of the best Survivor players that i've seen

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Frank the Tank » 16 Dec 2013, 15:26

Finale was meh. Too predictable. Don't know how to avoid that when you have a dominant player with two well-trained lap dogs.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JT99 » 16 Dec 2013, 16:10

I agree but overall the season was great, though a bit too weepy early on.

I'll say it...I'm tired of Rupert's act so he can never show up again as far as I am concerned. Glad that he got his ticket punched early.

Players that I'd welcome back include: Hayden, Ciera, Brad Culpepper, Aras and Vydas.

Brawn, Brains and Beauty up next. Interesting idea.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby BFP » 16 Dec 2013, 22:34

Frank the Tank wrote:Finale was meh. Too predictable. Don't know how to avoid that when you have a dominant player with two well-trained lap dogs.

I think it can be at least entertaining if the jury is vicious to the two chumps sitting next to the winner, but that wasn't the case last night. Thought Monica was doing an OK job at tribal until she said, "Have any of you ever met a nice person?"
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Frank the Tank » 30 Jun 2014, 08:26

JT99 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:Major mistake by Caleb to keep building after he didn't need any more height on Redemption.

No kidding, I couldn't believe that he didn't just stop building. He was in the lead by a couple of feet at the time.

Wouldn't have minded seeing Caleb again on a future installment, but unfortunately he was killed in a train derailment. Ouch. Shitty way to go.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JT99 » 24 Sep 2014, 20:59

The Kaling sisters cannot be eliminated fast enough for me.

Rocker's girl can get it.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Briandong79 » 24 Sep 2014, 21:15

Was she the one with huge tits? Some blonde had huge tits.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby JT99 » 02 Dec 2014, 09:37

Easily the best tribal council of the season last week when Dale yelled "Stick to the plan" throwing everyone under the bus. He's so bad at the social part of the game that he inadvertently changes it almost weekly.

Reed is a great player who will be fun to watch on an all-star season.

I wouldn't last a minute talking to the Sri Lanka sisters. Were they deaf when they were young? What kind of accent / speech impediment do they have?

Not the strongest season for strategy but could be a great final four of dummies.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Frank the Tank » 02 Dec 2014, 13:56

Dale wound up fucking over his own kid. He's very unskilled, but that makes for great TV. I fear the season may fizzle though.

The Sri Lankan twins were tough to watch on Amazing Race. So very very annoying. Glad they never had any real air time together this season.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JT99 » 02 Dec 2014, 14:09

Frank the Tank wrote: I fear the season may fizzle though.

Agree.

Without Reed, we'll just be watching John and his girl try to not out-dummy the rest.

JT99
Between Bannings

PreviousNext

Return to Reality TV