Survivor Caramoan : Fans vs. Favorites

Cause it has to have its own section....

Re: Survivor Caramoan : Fans vs. Favorites

Postby Frank the Tank » 11 Apr 2013, 13:26

JT99 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
klattamaniac wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:Decent episode. Kudos to Malcolm for getting Reynold to give up his idol so easily.


I don't think Malcolm was necessarily trying to flush the idol out. I was assuming that Malcolm and Reynold had agreed to stage that little scene after the votes had been cast (Malcolm made a comment to the camera before tribal council about some vague "plan" working), thinking that the other group had been targeting Malcolm and thereby tossing any votes against him. It obviously didn't work out that way, but it was a clever way for Malcolm to keep his own idol hidden.


Oh I don't think he was trying to "flush it out" either. I think he was legitimately concerned for his own place in the game. I think he would've played his own idol if Reynold didn't give him his, but kudos to Malcolm for keeping his idol completely secret and getting safety without tipping his hand. It was a great move.


But didn't he tip his hand? I mean, Stealth-R-Us already knows that he is working two alliances but when they talk about voting out backstabbers and he says, "they are talking about me". the secret pretty much seems outed.

Keeping the idol a complete secret is genius though. It's about time SOMEONE figured that out and played it that way.


I'm assuming that the hand was already tipped. If there was any doubt then it was potentially a mistake. Tough to tell with the editing.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31554
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: Survivor Caramoan : Fans vs. Favorites

Postby BFP » 11 Apr 2013, 19:08

JT99 wrote:It might be a red herring but the producers seem to be setting up Cochran as a guy who is going to make a big run at this thing.

A lot of the focus was on his "growth" and they used a couple of sound bites from Probst mentioning how Cochran was now a physical threat.

Might be foreshadowing, might just be a hot streak by the nerd.

Can't wait for Dawn's meltdown next week; she is such an awful, awful player.


Gotta disagree about Dawn here. She learned from her mistakes the first time around, which was standing pat when there was talks of a flip and letting it happen. She's pretty much been the catalyst in Corinne going and Malcolm not taking over the game. I think her and Cochran are in firm control right now. And my guess is the "meltdown", as usual with Survivor previews, is nothing really.
User avatar
BFP
Bruce Dickinson
 
Posts: 818
Joined: 24 Sep 2008, 12:19

Re: Survivor Caramoan : Fans vs. Favorites

Postby JT99 » 11 Apr 2013, 20:18

BFP wrote:
JT99 wrote:It might be a red herring but the producers seem to be setting up Cochran as a guy who is going to make a big run at this thing.

A lot of the focus was on his "growth" and they used a couple of sound bites from Probst mentioning how Cochran was now a physical threat.

Might be foreshadowing, might just be a hot streak by the nerd.

Can't wait for Dawn's meltdown next week; she is such an awful, awful player.


Gotta disagree about Dawn here. She learned from her mistakes the first time around, which was standing pat when there was talks of a flip and letting it happen. She's pretty much been the catalyst in Corinne going and Malcolm not taking over the game. I think her and Cochran are in firm control right now. And my guess is the "meltdown", as usual with Survivor previews, is nothing really.


I agree with her being the catalyst but I don't think that it came into play through some strategy that she devised. I think that she basically "lucked" into getting the information that she got from Corrine and from Malcolm because she is seen as such a week player.

Strong move by her to use it properly this time but she seems more along for the ride than anything. I'd argue that she's been a stronger player than Eric, who might as well not even exist this season, but she's not even playing the game as well as Sherri, imo.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.


BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
User avatar
JT99
Between Bannings
 
Posts: 9791
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 22:58
Location: Bluesville

Re: Survivor Caramoan : Fans vs. Favorites

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 12 Apr 2013, 08:36

Have any of you gays ever applied to be on Survivor? Be honest.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake
 
Posts: 12157
Joined: 30 Jun 2006, 14:23

Re: Survivor Caramoan : Fans vs. Favorites

Postby JT99 » 12 Apr 2013, 08:48

No but my ex used to always say that I'd be a contender. Looking back, I think that she was calling me a pathological liar.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.


BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
User avatar
JT99
Between Bannings
 
Posts: 9791
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 22:58
Location: Bluesville

Re: Survivor Caramoan : Fans vs. Favorites

Postby Frank the Tank » 12 Apr 2013, 08:55

I haven't. It doesn't appeal to me, and I'd have difficulty getting that kind of time off work. If I did try out for a multi-week commitment show it'd be Amazing Race. Since I don't care about promoting myself for acting gigs and the like, something quick and forgettable like a standard game show is far more preferable for me.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31554
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: Survivor Caramoan : Fans vs. Favorites

Postby BFP » 12 Apr 2013, 15:24

Clayton Bigsby wrote:Have any of you gays ever applied to be on Survivor? Be honest.


I actually gave it serious thought for a while, but I would just be too pissed if I got all the way on the show and then got booted early. Not worth the effort IMO, when I can just watch and say exactly how I'd dominate and win the game with ease.
User avatar
BFP
Bruce Dickinson
 
Posts: 818
Joined: 24 Sep 2008, 12:19

Re: Survivor Caramoan : Fans vs. Favorites

Postby JT99 » 18 Apr 2013, 10:22

Perhaps the most interesting Tribal Council in the history of the show last night.

Nice job by Eric to speak up, I had thought that he was going to Clarence Thomas the entire season.

Not sure that the three amigos changed their fate for more than a week but they at least forced out Phillip and put a whole bunch of pressure on Andrea to keep Stealth-R-Us together. They could turn on her at any moment as she's buckled lately.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.


BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
User avatar
JT99
Between Bannings
 
Posts: 9791
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 22:58
Location: Bluesville

Re: Survivor Caramoan : Fans vs. Favorites

Postby klattamaniac » 18 Apr 2013, 10:54

JT99 wrote:Perhaps the most interesting Tribal Council in the history of the show last night.

Nice job by Eric to speak up, I had thought that he was going to Clarence Thomas the entire season.

Not sure that the three amigos changed their fate for more than a week but they at least forced out Phillip and put a whole bunch of pressure on Andrea to keep Stealth-R-Us together. They could turn on her at any moment as she's buckled lately.


I was wondering if the three amigos might pull a fast one and not even play the idols, but they obviously made the right move doing so. You have to think CBS wants them to stick around, since the Stealth-R-Us crowd is boring as shit.
klattamaniac
Hope College Alum
 
Posts: 281
Joined: 13 Mar 2008, 11:08

Re: Survivor Caramoan : Fans vs. Favorites

Postby Frank the Tank » 19 Apr 2013, 07:00

A brilliant move would've been to give an idol to Reynold, have him give the immunity necklace to either Malcolm or Eddie, then still have an idol left.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31554
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: Survivor Caramoan : Fans vs. Favorites

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 19 Apr 2013, 07:52

Did someone say Malcolm and Eddie?

Image
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake
 
Posts: 12157
Joined: 30 Jun 2006, 14:23

Re: Survivor Caramoan : Fans vs. Favorites

Postby Frank the Tank » 19 Apr 2013, 20:30

Frank the Tank wrote:A brilliant move would've been to give an idol to Reynold, have him give the immunity necklace to either Malcolm or Eddie, then still have an idol left.


I forgot the immunity necklace needs to be transferred before the vote. I has the dumb.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31554
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: Survivor Caramoan : Fans vs. Favorites

Postby BFP » 20 Apr 2013, 11:07

JT99 wrote:Perhaps the most interesting Tribal Council in the history of the show last night.

Nice job by Eric to speak up, I had thought that he was going to Clarence Thomas the entire season.

Not sure that the three amigos changed their fate for more than a week but they at least forced out Phillip and put a whole bunch of pressure on Andrea to keep Stealth-R-Us together. They could turn on her at any moment as she's buckled lately.


Yeah, they're still not getting much farther, as I don't see anyone flipping to join them. But getting rid of Phillip is good by me.

And was Andrea this hot last time she played? She looks really good.
User avatar
BFP
Bruce Dickinson
 
Posts: 818
Joined: 24 Sep 2008, 12:19

Re: Survivor Caramoan : Fans vs. Favorites

Postby klattamaniac » 25 Apr 2013, 09:05

This has been a great season, but I think it's going to fizzle out now that the people making it interesting are getting voted out. Can you imagine a final five with Cochran, Sherri, Erik, Brenda, and Dawn/Andrea? Cochran would be the only reason to watch, which is sad.

I listened to some podcast Chuck Klosterman did with Probst awhile back and he had a theory that Survivor rewards mediocrity - the weak people are voted off immediately and the strong people towards the end, leaving only the non-threatening middle remaining. I think that captures this season perfectly.
klattamaniac
Hope College Alum
 
Posts: 281
Joined: 13 Mar 2008, 11:08

Re: Survivor Caramoan : Fans vs. Favorites

Postby JT99 » 25 Apr 2013, 09:11

klattamaniac wrote:This has been a great season, but I think it's going to fizzle out now that the people making it interesting are getting voted out. Can you imagine a final five with Cochran, Sherri, Erik, Brenda, and Dawn/Andrea? Cochran would be the only reason to watch, which is sad.

I listened to some podcast Chuck Klosterman did with Probst awhile back and he had a theory that Survivor rewards mediocrity - the weak people are voted off immediately and the strong people towards the end, leaving only the non-threatening middle remaining. I think that captures this season perfectly.


I thought that it was a relatively weak season but things really picked up with the merge. Really, the only interesting thing remaining this season is trying to figure out who will make the "big move" and whether that will help them advance or get them voted off.

Going to be a weak final three no matter who we get from here unless one of the "Amigos" advances in order to play the comeback card.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.


BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
User avatar
JT99
Between Bannings
 
Posts: 9791
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 22:58
Location: Bluesville

PreviousNext

Return to Reality TV

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest