Survivor Caramoan : Fans vs. Favorites

Cause it has to have its own section....

Re: Survivor Caramoan : Fans vs. Favorites

Postby Frank the Tank » 14 Mar 2013, 08:19

I think there are still 14 people left so that's too many for a merge. I'm guessing it's a tribal jumble.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JT99 » 14 Mar 2013, 08:34

Frank the Tank wrote:I think there are still 14 people left so that's too many for a merge. I'm guessing it's a tribal jumble.

A desperately needed on, at that.

When the gay with the hat was being individually interviewed at the beginning of last night's episode, I literally did not know who the hell he was.

Way too many coattail-riders in this season.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby BFP » 14 Mar 2013, 08:51

Cochran and Dawn are basically in the perfect spot to get to the end. I don't know if this season is really good or not. It's entertaining, but almost NOBODY is good at the game. I'd say the best one is "Old Sandra Bullock", and even she's no genius.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby JT99 » 14 Mar 2013, 08:59

BFP wrote:Cochran and Dawn are basically in the perfect spot to get to the end. I don't know if this season is really good or not. It's entertaining, but almost NOBODY is good at the game. I'd say the best one is "Old Sandra Bullock", and even she's no genius.

As a general rule, the seasons usually start slowly but this season seems so much further behind the regular pace.

There are simply too many people playing who are just keeping their heads down hoping to advance. Almost no one has taken any chances yet. Hopefully, some movement happens soon.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Frank the Tank » 14 Mar 2013, 09:34

JT99 wrote:
BFP wrote:Cochran and Dawn are basically in the perfect spot to get to the end. I don't know if this season is really good or not. It's entertaining, but almost NOBODY is good at the game. I'd say the best one is "Old Sandra Bullock", and even she's no genius.

As a general rule, the seasons usually start slowly but this season seems so much further behind the regular pace.

There are simply too many people playing who are just keeping their heads down hoping to advance. Almost no one has taken any chances yet. Hopefully, some movement happens soon.

Agreed. I think this season is also suffering from coming on the heels of several consecutive string seasons. Survivor had really been on a roll.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Frank the Tank » 27 Mar 2013, 10:22

That was one of the worst tribal shakeups ever. Having each tribe choose from different baskets of eggs guaranteed four favorites on each tribe. Pretty much ended any chances the fans had. Not going to be an interesting few episodes coming up.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BFP » 30 Mar 2013, 09:41

Frank the Tank wrote:That was one of the worst tribal shakeups ever. Having each tribe choose from different baskets of eggs guaranteed four favorites on each tribe. Pretty much ended any chances the fans had. Not going to be an interesting few episodes coming up.

Yep. Bearded dude really got hosed as he was starting to take some control on the fan side.

Gonna be a really lame season if favorites stick together. Hoping that Malcolm's move is more than talk and things get shaken up a bit.

Still think Dawn and Cochrane are in firm control though.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Frank the Tank » 04 Apr 2013, 06:08

Finally, an episode worth watching. I'm still not optimistic that the season is suddenly going to swing permanently towards greatness.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BFP » 09 Apr 2013, 08:20

Frank the Tank wrote:Finally, an episode worth watching. I'm still not optimistic that the season is suddenly going to swing permanently towards greatness.

I'm a Cochran fan, so I'm liking the way this season is headed, as it seems like him and Dawn are riding this thing to the end. Corinne is an idiot. When Philip said "Split the vote" she could have taken him out RIGHT THEN AND THERE.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby JT99 » 09 Apr 2013, 08:33

BFP wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:Finally, an episode worth watching. I'm still not optimistic that the season is suddenly going to swing permanently towards greatness.

I'm a Cochran fan, so I'm liking the way this season is headed, as it seems like him and Dawn are riding this thing to the end. Corinne is an idiot. When Philip said "Split the vote" she could have taken him out RIGHT THEN AND THERE.

Corinne broke one of the cardinal rules of Survivor which is to never, never, never, never talk about moves down the line. Your only focus in discussion should always be on the upcoming vote.

The minute that she said, "After this vote, we are going to...", she made herself the prime target. When you are gunning for someone, only talk about it with others when that vote is actually going to happen. NEVER reveal long-term plans. NEVER.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Frank the Tank » 11 Apr 2013, 08:46

Decent episode. Kudos to Malcolm for getting Reynold to give up his idol so easily.

An unusually bad continuity error by the producers though. When Sheri was being interviewed about Philip at the beginning of the episode she has her arm painted from some future challenge. Since there's no body paint in challenges this episode, you know both Sheri and Philip have to survive.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby klattamaniac » 11 Apr 2013, 09:31

Frank the Tank wrote:Decent episode. Kudos to Malcolm for getting Reynold to give up his idol so easily.

I don't think Malcolm was necessarily trying to flush the idol out. I was assuming that Malcolm and Reynold had agreed to stage that little scene after the votes had been cast (Malcolm made a comment to the camera before tribal council about some vague "plan" working), thinking that the other group had been targeting Malcolm and thereby tossing any votes against him. It obviously didn't work out that way, but it was a clever way for Malcolm to keep his own idol hidden.
klattamaniac
Hope College Alum

Postby JT99 » 11 Apr 2013, 09:38

It might be a red herring but the producers seem to be setting up Cochran as a guy who is going to make a big run at this thing.

A lot of the focus was on his "growth" and they used a couple of sound bites from Probst mentioning how Cochran was now a physical threat.

Might be foreshadowing, might just be a hot streak by the nerd.

Can't wait for Dawn's meltdown next week; she is such an awful, awful player.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Frank the Tank » 11 Apr 2013, 10:28

klattamaniac wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:Decent episode. Kudos to Malcolm for getting Reynold to give up his idol so easily.

I don't think Malcolm was necessarily trying to flush the idol out. I was assuming that Malcolm and Reynold had agreed to stage that little scene after the votes had been cast (Malcolm made a comment to the camera before tribal council about some vague "plan" working), thinking that the other group had been targeting Malcolm and thereby tossing any votes against him. It obviously didn't work out that way, but it was a clever way for Malcolm to keep his own idol hidden.

Oh I don't think he was trying to "flush it out" either. I think he was legitimately concerned for his own place in the game. I think he would've played his own idol if Reynold didn't give him his, but kudos to Malcolm for keeping his idol completely secret and getting safety without tipping his hand. It was a great move.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JT99 » 11 Apr 2013, 10:32

Frank the Tank wrote:
klattamaniac wrote:

Oh I don't think he was trying to "flush it out" either. I think he was legitimately concerned for his own place in the game. I think he would've played his own idol if Reynold didn't give him his, but kudos to Malcolm for keeping his idol completely secret and getting safety without tipping his hand. It was a great move.

But didn't he tip his hand? I mean, Stealth-R-Us already knows that he is working two alliances but when they talk about voting out backstabbers and he says, "they are talking about me". the secret pretty much seems outed.

Keeping the idol a complete secret is genius though. It's about time SOMEONE figured that out and played it that way.

JT99
Between Bannings

PreviousNext

Return to Reality TV