Survivor Caramoan : Fans vs. Favorites

Cause it has to have its own section....

Re: Survivor Caramoan : Fans vs. Favorites

Postby JT99 » 28 Feb 2013, 15:07

Frank the Tank wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Shamar is not an interesting villain. To me, he's like NaOnka in that it's not fun to watch that craziness. #racist?

I like that he announced that he "wasn't going to be the angry black guy" of this season as he was discussing quitting.

I immediately thought, "Well, now you'll be the black guy who quit when the going got tough" to all the racists.

Survivor does not do well casting African Americans who play well. Earl Cole was a great winner, but since then it's been rough.

ETA: James was great in China despite the two-immunity screw-up, but he was far less likable in Heroes vs Villains.

Agree.

Cirie comes to mind as one of their best choices because she really played the game well.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Frank the Tank » 28 Feb 2013, 15:48

JT99 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Shamar is not an interesting villain. To me, he's like NaOnka in that it's not fun to watch that craziness. #racist?

I like that he announced that he "wasn't going to be the angry black guy" of this season as he was discussing quitting.

I immediately thought, "Well, now you'll be the black guy who quit when the going got tough" to all the racists.

Survivor does not do well casting African Americans who play well. Earl Cole was a great winner, but since then it's been rough.

ETA: James was great in China despite the two-immunity screw-up, but he was far less likable in Heroes vs Villains.

Agree.

Cirie comes to mind as one of their best choices because she really played the game well.

Very true. I wouldn't mind seeing Cirie again on a favorites show.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BFP » 02 Mar 2013, 09:32

Hot chicks are dropping like flies this season. And Corinne on the "favorites" tribe hasn't aged too well.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Frank the Tank » 07 Mar 2013, 11:13

Boring episode. Still not thrilled with casting on either side. Next week's episode has huge potential though.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BFP » 08 Mar 2013, 11:44

Frank the Tank wrote:Boring episode. Still not thrilled with casting on either side. Next week's episode has huge potential though.

I hope so. This season is a huge turd so far. Unlikable people(Shamar), bad players(Reynold & Eddie) and the favorites side is just a bunch of players who were known for being idiots (Philip, Brandon and Eric).

Two things though:

-When Andrea was shown in confessional upset that Brenda got a nickname, it made me wish they focused more on this team. She appears to be wearing a skimpy bikini bottom, and this season is sorely lacking in eye candy.

-While Shamar was awful, lazy and almost a quitter: I have had a scratched cornea before and it's REALLY aggravating, so I can sympathize with him there. I won't say painful because it's not so much the pain that is hard to deal with, it's that there's just no relief from it. Your eye constantly waters, you can't really open it, sunlight makes it worse, etc. Just a really bad injury to have in that setting, so I don't really blame him for making that decision right there.

However, I think it is BS what happened. I was given some eye drops that did help and pain meds when I had it and I was feeling relief after like 2 days, with it totally feeling fine after a week. They could have treated him and had him back that night, if it wasn't serious. But I think they told medical to say they needed to "pull him" so they didn't have a marine quitting Survivor.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby klattamaniac » 08 Mar 2013, 12:35

I've always just assumed people who wear contacts couldn't go on Survivor...but Shamar made a comment about needing those goggles a couple episodes ago because he was wearing them. How exactly does that work? Are they allowed to bring solution with them? If so, those conditions don't exactly strike me as being sanitary for eye care.
klattamaniac
Hope College Alum

Postby BFP » 09 Mar 2013, 09:58

klattamaniac wrote:I've always just assumed people who wear contacts couldn't go on Survivor...but Shamar made a comment about needing those goggles a couple episodes ago because he was wearing them. How exactly does that work? Are they allowed to bring solution with them? If so, those conditions don't exactly strike me as being sanitary for eye care.

Maybe they allow them to bring contact solution and stuff. I heard on an interview that they do provide sunscreen(which apparently Cochrane declined) and tampons for when the ladies are ragging.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Frank the Tank » 09 Mar 2013, 13:52

I remember hearing way back when (like season 2) that the things they allow the castaways to have unlimited supplies of include sunblock, prescription medication, contact solution, tampons, and condoms(!).

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BFP » 13 Mar 2013, 21:02

Well that was ALL KINDS of crazy in a good way.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby JT99 » 13 Mar 2013, 22:45

Perhaps the two most self-unaware players in the history of the game squaring off. That was fun.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Frank the Tank » 14 Mar 2013, 06:12

It was entertaining, but I fear from the previews that fun "I can beat MJ and Magic in basketball with both hands tied behind my back" Phillip may be replaced by brooding, desperate, no-good-sound-bites Phillip.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby SouthernYokel » 14 Mar 2013, 07:45

Because SC was getting their ass kicked in the SEC tourney and the ABC comedies sucked (and were reruns) and i hate american idol, i accidentally watched the part where Russell's little cousin with the stick in his ear was standing next to Probst and screaming at Phillip about something. I was thinking "yeah, that Phillip is an ass, you tell him, guy." And then he mentions "yeah i threw all the food out." Hahaha, whoa crazy guy. I have no idea what else happened in the episode but i laughed out loud when he said that. Great gameplay strategy "fuck you guys, no eating."
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby JT99 » 14 Mar 2013, 07:50

SouthernYokel wrote:Because SC was getting their ass kicked in the SEC tourney and the ABC comedies sucked (and were reruns) and i hate american idol, i accidentally watched the part where Russell's little cousin with the stick in his ear was standing next to Probst and screaming at Phillip about something. I was thinking "yeah, that Phillip is an ass, you tell him, guy." And then he mentions "yeah i threw all the food out." Hahaha, whoa crazy guy. I have no idea what else happened in the episode but i laughed out loud when he said that. Great gameplay strategy "fuck you guys, no eating."

In short, Phillip had basically threatened Brandon that he was going to have him voted out saying, "Don't bite the hand that feeds you".

Brandon, wanting to show that he is "the author of his own fate", then dumped out all the food in the camp to give everyone a reason to vote him out.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby SouthernYokel » 14 Mar 2013, 07:53

JT99 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:Because SC was getting their ass kicked in the SEC tourney and the ABC comedies sucked (and were reruns) and i hate american idol, i accidentally watched the part where Russell's little cousin with the stick in his ear was standing next to Probst and screaming at Phillip about something. I was thinking "yeah, that Phillip is an ass, you tell him, guy." And then he mentions "yeah i threw all the food out." Hahaha, whoa crazy guy. I have no idea what else happened in the episode but i laughed out loud when he said that. Great gameplay strategy "fuck you guys, no eating."

In short, Phillip had basically threatened Brandon that he was going to have him voted out saying, "Don't bite the hand that feeds you".

Brandon, wanting to show that he is "the author of his own fate", then dumped out all the food in the camp to give everyone a reason to vote him out.

did they? That's a pretty ballsy way to go. Also, how is this phillip guy actually in control of voting? Or does he just think he is and they're letting him hang around because he's old, weak and harmless and they can vote him out whenever they need to? (i think that's what happened the last season he was on? am i imagining that?)
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby JT99 » 14 Mar 2013, 08:02

SouthernYokel wrote:
JT99 wrote:

did they? That's a pretty ballsy way to go. Also, how is this phillip guy actually in control of voting? Or does he just think he is and they're letting him hang around because he's old, weak and harmless and they can vote him out whenever they need to? (i think that's what happened the last season he was on? am i imagining that?)

They went to the challenge and the verbal fighting began which led to them forfeiting the immunity challenge. Probst, realizing that lil' Hantz would probably stab Phillip if they went back to camp, decided to have tribal right then and there which resulted in Brandon being voted off.

Phillip is partially in control but not nearly to the extent that he thinks. The teaser for next week makes it look like he is potentially going to be ousted but I think that he at least survives until the merge (which is also teased for next week).

The last time that he was on, he was carried by Boston Rob because no one is going to vote him as the winner. His game is weak.

JT99
Between Bannings

PreviousNext

Return to Reality TV