Survivor Caramoan : Fans vs. Favorites

Cause it has to have its own section....

Re: Survivor Caramoan : Fans vs. Favorites

Postby BFP » 25 Apr 2013, 11:39

JT99 wrote:
klattamaniac wrote:This has been a great season, but I think it's going to fizzle out now that the people making it interesting are getting voted out. Can you imagine a final five with Cochran, Sherri, Erik, Brenda, and Dawn/Andrea? Cochran would be the only reason to watch, which is sad.

I listened to some podcast Chuck Klosterman did with Probst awhile back and he had a theory that Survivor rewards mediocrity - the weak people are voted off immediately and the strong people towards the end, leaving only the non-threatening middle remaining. I think that captures this season perfectly.

I thought that it was a relatively weak season but things really picked up with the merge. Really, the only interesting thing remaining this season is trying to figure out who will make the "big move" and whether that will help them advance or get them voted off.

Going to be a weak final three no matter who we get from here unless one of the "Amigos" advances in order to play the comeback card.

Shamar really killed the early episodes of the season, but I think overall it's been pretty good. Woulda had more promise if Reynold got canned last night instead of Malcolm.

Looking more and more like Cochran and Dawn are locked into the final 2, just not sure who they take with them: I don't think Andrea or Brenda, which leaves Eric and Sherri.

Does anyone beat Cochran in the finale though?
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby BFP » 03 May 2013, 09:58

Kinda stinks that this was the double boot episode, I think Andrea getting blindsided deserved it's own episode. That was all kinds of funny. Looking like a Brenda/Cochran/Dawn final 3.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby JT99 » 09 May 2013, 06:44

Despite the back-to-back blindsides, this season is kinda ending with a whimper for me. Unless Cochran wins it, this year's winner will go down as one of the worst in recent memory. Though I think Dawn has made a couple of good moves, she seemed to luck into information more than anything.

The only other acceptable ending would be for Dawn to be raped.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby klattamaniac » 09 May 2013, 08:56

JT99 wrote:The only other acceptable ending would be for Dawn to be raped.

Based on her completely over-the-top reaction to initially seeing her husband, I laughed out loud at her reaction when Brenda chose to let the other four people have the cookout with their loved ones. You would've thought her husband had just been sentenced to death.

These "loved ones" episodes are always the worst. It's not like they're returning from war or something...they've been gone for a couple weeks and will see them again in less than a week anyway. I guess I understand that being stuck on the island would mess with your head a little bit and you'd be a little emotional about seeing someone from home, but come on.
klattamaniac
Hope College Alum

Postby BFP » 10 May 2013, 21:52

Can we get a ruling on Sherri? Doable or not?

Also, if Eric actually injures himself trying to get a coconut with a day to go, he's the worst player ever.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Frank the Tank » 11 May 2013, 10:32

I totally disagree on going out with a whimper. If this season didn't start so horribly the strong finish could've made it a top-five contender for me. I do think the casting could've been better.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Frank the Tank » 13 May 2013, 13:04

Didn't love the finale. Erik's departure screwed things up (not the producers' faults). Big mistake adding that advantage in final immunity thing. With Erik out it should've just been for reward IMO. Once Cochran won final immunity and booted Eddie you knew how it was gonna go. Still haven't watched the reunion. Heard it sucked.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JT99 » 13 May 2013, 13:20

Frank the Tank wrote:Didn't love the finale. Erik's departure screwed things up (not the producers' faults). Big mistake adding that advantage in final immunity thing. With Erik out it should've just been for reward IMO. Once Cochran won final immunity and booted Eddie you knew how it was gonna go. Still haven't watched the reunion. Heard it sucked.

Reunion show was pretty bad. Couple of funny comments by Cochran but most of the time was spent with people plugging their lives / upcoming projects.

Rudy was on to call Hatch a "queer" a couple of times. He was pretty clearly out of sorts though.

Next season is called Blood vs Water which almost certainly means that family members will play together. Could REALLY increase the drama.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby BFP » 14 May 2013, 09:40

JT99 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:Didn't love the finale. Erik's departure screwed things up (not the producers' faults). Big mistake adding that advantage in final immunity thing. With Erik out it should've just been for reward IMO. Once Cochran won final immunity and booted Eddie you knew how it was gonna go. Still haven't watched the reunion. Heard it sucked.

Reunion show was pretty bad. Couple of funny comments by Cochran but most of the time was spent with people plugging their lives / upcoming projects.

Rudy was on to call Hatch a "queer" a couple of times. He was pretty clearly out of sorts though.

Next season is called Blood vs Water which almost certainly means that family members will play together. Could REALLY increase the drama.

I read that Rudy has Alzheimers. Classy move to trot him out there.

My guess on Blood vs. Water is blood relatives (Returning players with siblings or parents) vs. Returning players with significant relationships-Married people, best pals, etc.

Sadly it probably means Rupert and his wife are playing.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby JT99 » 14 May 2013, 10:00

I can't see them going back to back seasons with returning players but you are right on the money about blood relatives vs. significant others.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Frank the Tank » 14 May 2013, 13:29

I still have the reunion show on my DVR. Was it bad enough that I should just delete it or were the few decent spots worth keeping it on?

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JT99 » 14 May 2013, 13:40

Frank the Tank wrote:I still have the reunion show on my DVR. Was it bad enough that I should just delete it or were the few decent spots worth keeping it on?

Watch it in the background while reading a mag or book. Cochran has a few funny moments if you can swallow all the "self-doubt" analysis he brings with it.

JT99
Between Bannings

Previous

Return to Reality TV