Survivor: Philippines

Cause it has to have its own section....

Survivor: Philippines

Postby BFP » 16 May 2012, 10:44

Frank the Tank wrote:
OJ8871440 wrote:
BFP wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
BFP wrote:Next season will probably see Colton again.

We were trying to figure out who the three returning players will be. For those who haven't heard, next season they're bringing three returning players who were all medically evacuated in prior seasons. The three most memorable to me are Colton, James, and Michael Skupin (Australia). However, James has been voted out on other installments, and Probst was saying part of what he likes about this twist is that these are people who never quit and were never voted out, so I'm not sure James is one of the three. Who was the guy who passed out during that blindfolded challenge where they were maneuvering the ball around the table by tilting it?

Skupin should be one. Black Russell too.

How about Jonathan Penner? He went out on Micronesia with some infection, didn't he?

If thisarticle is correct, I doubt we'll see Skupin.

Did Penner play twice? He was supposedly invited back to play Fans vs Favorites but they wound up giving the spot to Fairplay, which had Penner all up in arms since Fairplay just quit as soon as he got there. If he only played once he's a lock.

Penner played on Fans vs. Favorites and was removed with some kind of infection pretty early on. So he may not come back since he went out injured on his 2nd time around.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Re: Survivor: One World

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 21 Jun 2012, 13:38

Jeff Kent to be on the next edition?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-l ... --mlb.html
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Re: Survivor: One World

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 02 Sep 2012, 19:18

Between Jeff Kent and Blair Warner I'm going to come back to this show for the first time since some dick head from the suburbs named Rob claimed he was from around here.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Re: Survivor: Philippines

Postby Frank the Tank » 03 Sep 2012, 08:34

I like this trend of bringing in a couple of pseudo-celebrities. Supposedly Kent is going to try to hide his baseball career. I wonder if he'll get outed like Dani outed Hogeboom a jillion years ago.

Also really glad to see Colton out. I don't want to see him again. There's a huge diffrence between evil genius (Russell, maybe the most watchable castaway ever) and evil, thinks he's a genius (Colton, just a bitter, mouthy moron). I understand the "controversy" over Penner since he's played once without an evac, but I think he's better casting than Colton.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BFP » 12 Sep 2012, 09:24

I suspect Kent goes out fast. Been watching previews and stuff, and they only tend to show challenges from the first 6 days or so, and even there, I rarely see him.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Briandong79 » 20 Sep 2012, 09:24

Denise seems to be relatively safe at this point, and well-liked by her team (she's the sex therapist from here). I'll try to dig up inside dirt on her but so far I have no idea how long she lasted.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 20 Sep 2012, 09:38

Blair looks better now than she did on FOL.
Was anyone else shocked that she lost all her money?
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby JT99 » 20 Sep 2012, 10:11

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:Blair looks better now than she did on FOL.
Was anyone else shocked that she lost all her money?

I was somewhat shocked but given her deeply held religious views, I suspect some church-swindler like Claude Henri Smoot was involved. Or perhaps she turned to religion after being bilked in a ponzi scheme.

Either way, I'd like to bang her.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Frank the Tank » 22 Sep 2012, 07:29

I wonder what she made per episode back then. On an ensemble show like Facts of Life she may not have ever gotten really rich. I wonder if she still keeps in touch with Jo and Tootie.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 22 Sep 2012, 08:00

I was being sarcastic. 80s kid stars don't have the best track record.
You have to imagine she still gets something from syndication. And it's still on in other countries. I remember watching FOL on biography and she was a religious nut back then because she wouldn't do the virginity ep and they had to give it to Natalie.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby klattamaniac » 04 Oct 2012, 07:45

Normally I'm disappointed when the hot chick gets voted off Survivor. Last night? Not so much...that chick was annoying. Although her cartoonishly fake tatas were nice to look at.

Oh well...one of the chicks from one of the other tribes looks promising, but she hasn't said two words this entire season so far.
klattamaniac
Hope College Alum

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 04 Oct 2012, 08:27

I enjoyed how Russell went from the stereotypical "black guy who sucks in the water" right into "victimized black" bringing up slavery and jim crowe.
Guy sucks balls
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 06 Oct 2012, 15:46

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:I enjoyed how Russell went from the stereotypical "black guy who sucks in the water" right into "victimized black" bringing up slavery and jim crowe.
Guy sucks balls

I think he is potentially the worst player in the history of the game.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby Frank the Tank » 06 Oct 2012, 17:18

Clayton Bigsby wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:I enjoyed how Russell went from the stereotypical "black guy who sucks in the water" right into "victimized black" bringing up slavery and jim crowe.
Guy sucks balls

He's not good, there've been worse. How about that woman who was trying to teach people a Survivor song when they got dropped off on the island, then didn't get chosen in the school-yard pick and wound up just going right home? And that Erik kid who gave up his immunity idol in Fans vs Favorites. Maybe not the worst overall player ever but still the biggest dumbass move of all time.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 06 Oct 2012, 17:31

Frank the Tank wrote:
Clayton Bigsby wrote:
Guy sucks balls

He's not good, there've been worse. How about that woman who was trying to teach people a Survivor song when they got dropped off on the island, then didn't get chosen in the school-yard pick and wound up just going right home? And that Erik kid who gave up his immunity idol in Fans vs Favorites. Maybe not the worst overall player ever but still the biggest dumbass move of all time.

To me what makes Russell the worst is that he's always leading or trying to lead but all he ever does is lose.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Next

Return to Reality TV