Survivor: South Pacific

Cause it has to have its own section....

Re: Survivor: South Pacific

Postby Frank the Tank » 03 Dec 2011, 18:27

BFP wrote:I've enjoyed this season so far, maybe it's just because the last couple have really sucked. If Cochran somehow beats Ozzy at RI though? This moves into Top 10 seasons for me, that would be classic. Cochran is such a douche that he's actually awesome.

I wasn't crazy about the choice of bringing Coach and Ozzy back at first, but I've changed my tune. They've both made for good TV. I'd place this somewhere around the middle of the pack, and it's certainly better than the last redemption island. I still think Survivor is better without RI though.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby klattamaniac » 04 Dec 2011, 10:11

Ozzy made this point a couple episodes ago, but I think he's better off being on RI...he feeds himself pretty easily, he doesn't have to deal with the daily tribal council bullshit, and just has to beat whoever shows up in a one-off challenge. Obviously it's risky, but is it any riskier than being at the mercy of the other tribe everyday?

Also, it's more than a little disappointing that there's zero talent left on the show.
klattamaniac
Hope College Alum

Postby BFP » 04 Dec 2011, 16:10

Survivor is having "auditions" about 5 minutes from my house Wednesday. Think I'll go try out, and keep saying I'm the "next Dreamz". Who says no?
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Frank the Tank » 04 Dec 2011, 18:12

klattamaniac wrote:Ozzy made this point a couple episodes ago, but I think he's better off being on RI...he feeds himself pretty easily, he doesn't have to deal with the daily tribal council bullshit, and just has to beat whoever shows up in a one-off challenge. Obviously it's risky, but is it any riskier than being at the mercy of the other tribe everyday?

Also, it's more than a little disappointing that there's zero talent left on the show.

If Ozzy wins this season (and I think he definitely has a chance) it's a travesty. Redemption Island will have run amok. It's like introducing a skills competition into the middle of an NFL game and awarding the quarterback who's first to throw a ball through a hoop at 50 yards an extra 14 points.

BFP wrote:Survivor is having "auditions" about 5 minutes from my house Wednesday. Think I'll go try out, and keep saying I'm the "next Dreamz". Who says no?

Yau-man.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 08 Dec 2011, 17:13

Probst marries Zack Morris' ex-wife.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/08/showbiz/c ... hpt=hp_bn7
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Frank the Tank » 19 Dec 2011, 13:37

Once they got to the final three I was so turned off I went to bed and just read who won online this morning. Did I miss anything particularly interesting?

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby klattamaniac » 19 Dec 2011, 15:30

Frank the Tank wrote:Once they got to the final three I was so turned off I went to bed and just read who won online this morning. Did I miss anything particularly interesting?

Ha, I also turned it off after that last tribal council. I didn't even care who of the final three ended up winning. I guess I'll watch the rest of it tonight.
klattamaniac
Hope College Alum

Postby BFP » 19 Dec 2011, 15:53

Frank the Tank wrote:Once they got to the final three I was so turned off I went to bed and just read who won online this morning. Did I miss anything particularly interesting?

I think Sophie clinched it by exposing that Coach and Albert had the idol before their prayer session with Brandon that "led" them to finding it. She's like the anti-Amanda, did great at final tribal. I thought it was Coach's game to lose, and she totally talked her way into it. Not too upset with her winning, but there is some high comedy in the jury ripping Albert to shreds as useless 5 minutes after he says in confessional how awesome of a job he did and how everybody knows it.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Previous

Return to Reality TV