Drinking Made Easy

Cause it has to have its own section....

Drinking Made Easy

Postby Gregs Kite » 04 Aug 2011, 07:39

Not entirely sure if this warrants its own thread, but I'm a grown ass man and can make these tough decisions for the good of integrity.

Caught this show last night on HDNet, whatever the fuck that is.

It's essentially "Man Vs. Food" for alcoholics. Right in my wheelhouse, this guy Zane traveling around to different places boozing. And he has a hairy, sunglassed sidekick.

Last night they played beer pong with some slag in Kansas City. Kellys Wesport. Alp, I expect a full review when you return from being chased off by Nova. They put Guiness in their Bloody Marys, too. That seems gross. And there was a monkey and they "ate" their drinks.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Re: Drinking Made Easy

Postby 700 Level » 04 Aug 2011, 08:30

Gregs Kite wrote:Not entirely sure if this warrants its own thread, but I'm a grown ass man and can make these tough decisions for the good of integrity.

Caught this show last night on HDNet, whatever the fuck that is.

It's essentially "Man Vs. Food" for alcoholics. Right in my wheelhouse, this guy Zane traveling around to different places boozing. And he has a hairy, sunglassed sidekick.

Last night they played beer pong with some slag in Kansas City. Kellys Wesport. Alp, I expect a full review when you return from being chased off by Nova. They put Guiness in their Bloody Marys, too. That seems gross. And there was a monkey and they "ate" their drinks.

I watch this show once in a while. That Zane guy had another show too, forget what it was called, but it was similar to Drinking Made Easy. It's ok, but it really just makes me long for Insomniac and the sweet, sexy Dave Attell.
"It's insane, this guy's taint!"
700 Level
Another dude worth meeting

Postby the cheese » 04 Aug 2011, 08:44

Haven't seen it, but it sounds like 3 Sheets.

Which was a fantastic show.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby 700 Level » 04 Aug 2011, 08:51

the cheese wrote:Haven't seen it, but it sounds like 3 Sheets.

That's the name of the show. Same guy. If the job of the show is to make you want to travel to these places and get plastered, then it does it's job. But it just feels like it should be better, but can't put my finger on how or why. But the hairy sidekick is entertaining, like a quiet Zach Galifinakis character, only drunker.
"It's insane, this guy's taint!"
700 Level
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 04 Aug 2011, 08:55

Let's take it over to the Reality TV forum. /Gilberto
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby the cheese » 04 Aug 2011, 08:57

700 Level wrote:
the cheese wrote:Haven't seen it, but it sounds like 3 Sheets.

That's the name of the show. Same guy. If the job of the show is to make you want to travel to these places and get plastered, then it does it's job. But it just feels like it should be better, but can't put my finger on how or why. But the hairy sidekick is entertaining, like a quiet Zach Galifinakis character, only drunker.

The guy isn't as good at this as he could be. He's not very charismatic.

The Three Sheets where they went to Japan and drank every kind of sake was awesome.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Dunking Donut » 04 Aug 2011, 18:23

Basically he's doing 3 Sheets but re-branding it or something for a new network. He was just here in Charlotte a couple weeks ago.
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby IhateTomBrady » 04 Aug 2011, 19:07

Dunking Donut wrote:Basically he's doing 3 Sheets but re-branding it or something for a new network. He was just here in Charlotte a couple weeks ago.

Pretty much. I've never seen 3 sheets but Zane's hate of everything licqueur is prety funny on "Drinking Made Easy".
_ to Dick Hertz: You wrote your own death when you signed the cheque off on that McMansion that is most definitely underwater at this point but too proud to tell anyone here... You don't know jack shit about the blue collar life you yuppie faggot.
IhateTomBrady
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Gregs Kite » 18 Aug 2011, 16:00

Watched last night, he was in Utah. Apparently all the mainstream beers have to make specialized 3.2% alcohol versions of their product. Said the tap limit used to be 6% or some shit?

MJ, or any other Ute Sonz, did you have to buy a bar card that let you drink there? Utah's frightening.

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 18 Aug 2011, 16:07

Gregs Kite wrote:Watched last night, he was in Utah. Apparently all the mainstream beers have to make specialized 3.2% alcohol versions of their product. Said the tap limit used to be 6% or some shit?

MJ, or any other Ute Sonz, did you have to buy a bar card that let you drink there? Utah's frightening.

I hope to catch this episode.

It is true that all mainstream beers have to make 3.2 beer for sale in the grocery stores. However that is 4.0 alcohol by volume. Your bud larrys are 4.5% ABV, so for you it would not be much difference. More than 3.2 beer you have a to purchase at a state liquor store, which is annoying, especially since those stores do not store beer cold.

Until recently you had to buy a "membership" to go into bars. In actuality a "membership" was really like a cover charge, but still annoying. That was eliminated recently, by the strong urging of then governor Jon Huntsman.

There are actually some good breweries in Utah that make heavy beer. They can now sell their beers from their breweries, and they keep their beer cold. This has been life changing, as before I would drive to Wyoming to pick up good beer.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Gregs Kite » 05 Jan 2012, 07:51

They were in Memphis last night. On Beale St they had something called the "Lay You Down" or lay it down, or something. Anyway, it was a three foot or so tall concoction of a bunch of booze.

Anus or IMS (when you were still cool jkloljk) did you guys ever have one of these? Looked fun.

Then they had "legal" purple sizzurp with Three Six Mafia. Those guys are wonderful.

Next week they're in Nashville. I can't wait. Literally.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 05 Jan 2012, 10:02

Can't recall that drink. The only thing I remember would be The Diver from Silky O'Sullivan's.

I don't know any of the melvins in this photo.

Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Gregs Kite » 05 Jan 2012, 15:00

Yeah, they went there too for that drink and met the owner. Some guy named The King going on about the zig zig tree that he uses in the drink. Memphis is strange.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 05 Jan 2012, 15:11

Me drinking that gay drink.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Gregs Kite » 05 Jan 2012, 15:15

Who's the dude on the left grilling you with disdain?

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Next

Return to Reality TV