Survivor: Redemption Island

Cause it has to have its own section....

Re: Survivor: Redemption Island

Postby BFP » 13 May 2011, 07:18

Yul was never an All-Star because he went to work for the FBI I think.

Only good part of last episode was the RI crew making Andrea sleep on the ground and Matt treating her like the dirty whore that she is. Finale is not shaping up to be an exciting one, whoever comes back from RI is gonna get dumped immediately.

Best case scenario for me: Mike comes back from RI and wins and/or Rob hangs on for the win.

Worst case scenario: Robs plan works perfectly, and he gets Philip and Natalie in the finals....and Natalie wins in a landslide.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby klattamaniac » 13 May 2011, 09:38

Since Rob still has the immunity idol, isn't he basically guaranteed a spot in the final three?
klattamaniac
Hope College Alum

Postby BFP » 13 May 2011, 10:55

I think so. That's how I think he'll get rid of Ashley, he'll either win immunity and give Philip the idol, or use the idol himself when Ashley and Natalie finally make their first move in the entire game.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Frank the Tank » 13 May 2011, 11:55

In past seasons, the immunity idol hasn't been good all the way to the end. I'm guessing that it's something like big RI duel, winner in, losers to jury, tribal council with last opportunity to play idol, then four down to three, then final vote.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BFP » 14 May 2011, 07:57

Saw a commercial today that says the last RI duel takes place with the people currently there, so that player comes back as the 5th person.

I think it would be hilarious if the whole season of "redemption" ended as follows: Player comes back, makes deal with girls to vote out Rob, Rob uses hidden idol and votes out RI player.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby MoreCowbell » 14 May 2011, 19:03

This season sucked. Noone made a move and Rob controlled the whole thing. Give him the million already.
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 14 May 2011, 19:07

MoreCowbell wrote:This season sucked. Noone made a move and Rob controlled the whole thing. Give him the million already.

am i right?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby MoreCowbell » 14 May 2011, 19:14

Haha no, I dont even like Rob. But no one else did ANYTHING this season, besides crazy Phil maybe. Why should a hanger on like Ashley or whatshername deserve a mil?
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 14 May 2011, 19:14

dude ain't even from here.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby MoreCowbell » 14 May 2011, 19:16

For the record I was rooting for Ashley from the beginning because we went to school together. But god damn did she annoy me and not do shit.
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Postby klattamaniac » 15 May 2011, 21:55

Those last two speeches from Natalie and Phillip were the worst Survivor speeches I've ever seen. Rob was going to win anyway, but they didn't do themselves any favors by basically giving all of the credit to Rob for them being there.
klattamaniac
Hope College Alum

Postby firstborn » 15 May 2011, 21:59

Happy Rob won, all is right in the world of Survivor.

Not sure that chick wanted to accept that proposal though, but good of that guy to give the "vote for Rob" speech.

2 more returning players next season.... hope that it is not Phillip and Matt.
jack_daniels - Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:49 pm: i disappointed a lot of chicks over the years, wouldnt be surprised
firstborn
Site Admin

Postby SDGuy » 15 May 2011, 22:25

firstborn wrote:Happy Rob won, all is right in the world of Survivor.

Not sure that chick wanted to accept that proposal though, but good of that guy to give the "vote for Rob" speech.

2 more returning players next season.... hope that it is not Phillip and Matt.

Thought the same about the proposal; seemed like she said yes just cause it was on tv.
Montecore's Revenge wrote:Protip: When you slit your wrists make sure you go north-south and not east-west. It will be harder for them to save you and it won't send out as much of a "just a cry for help, not a serious attempt" vibe
SDGuy
Basketball Jesus

Postby Frank the Tank » 16 May 2011, 05:01

Now that it's done, what are the votes on the Redemption Island concept? I think it was a noble experiment, but overall I don't think it worked. Two people came back, and both those people went out the very next tribal council. It didn't really add to the game. While I understand not everything the producers try to mix things up is going to work, I hope they keep trying things. However, now that they've seen it once, and seen that it didn't really add a lot, I'm disappointed they're going right back to it for next season. Two returning players, 16 new castaways, and Redemption Island back? I understand Survivor: Nicaragua, the last show with an all new cast, was a total bust, but I hope they don't rely on prior contestants coming back for every remaining season.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BFP » 16 May 2011, 08:52

I think RI could work, but not the way they did it. Some suggestions:

-Don't start it until the merge. If you're voted out pre-merge, you're done.
-Give the person who wins it immunity in their first tribal back.
-Not a fan of this idea, but I saw it elsewhere: Have the RI go all the way to the end. Winner of RI takes the 3rd spot in the Final 3. Means people like Rob cannot have complete control over the game.

Also, I'm betting one of the two returning players is Matt. I hope he's the first one voted out and spends another 30 days at RI, where he again drops a vase.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Previous

Return to Reality TV