Survivor: Redemption Island

Cause it has to have its own section....

Re: Survivor: Redemption Island

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 25 Apr 2011, 13:02

Freddy Fernandez wrote:If they are going to continue bringing back two all stars to serve as "captains," the next season should have Coach vs Phillip. Those two guys would be great on the same season.

I was thinking it would be awesome if they had an all-stars season with nothing but weirdos and psychos. Coach, Phillip, Shambo, Randy, others I can't think of.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby BFP » 25 Apr 2011, 17:40

Clayton Bigsby wrote:
Freddy Fernandez wrote:If they are going to continue bringing back two all stars to serve as "captains," the next season should have Coach vs Phillip. Those two guys would be great on the same season.

I was thinking it would be awesome if they had an all-stars season with nothing but weirdos and psychos. Coach, Phillip, Shambo, Randy, others I can't think of.

How bout that dude Shane who was using a block of wood as a cell phone?
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Frank the Tank » 26 Apr 2011, 13:13

BFP wrote:
Clayton Bigsby wrote:

How bout that dude Shane who was using a block of wood as a cell phone?

They were talking with him for Fans vs Favorites I read once. I don't know if he said no to them or if he didn't make the producers' cut (my guess is the latter).
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BFP » 29 Apr 2011, 08:36

I just can't come up with many end-game scenarios this season I'll be happy with:

-I don't really like Rob that much, but he's the best player this season and probably deserves the win. Won't make me happy if it happens though.

-All 3 of his slags are useless, and aren't even that hot as background eye candy. Any of them winning would be a joke.

-Philip at least keeps things interesting, but in a complete maniac kind of way. His winning would be a joke.

-Matt, the guy who is LITERALLY being carried by Jesus (and doesn't know what literally means), has been voted out TWICE. The fact that he keeps winning duels is kind of cool, and I'd like if Rob got beat in a duel by him, but you shouldn't be able to win Survivor after being voted out twice.

-That leaves Ralph, Steve, Mike and Grant. I think Steve is a bit douchy going back to when Russell was still around and he was patting himself on the back so hard for getting rid of himself(but shooting his own tribe in the foot).

-Ralph has tried but failed repeatedly. At least he's attempting to play, I don't have a huge problem with him.

-I think Grant and Mike would be decent winners, but nothing exciting. My bold prediction is Mike comes back from Redemption Island, and goes on an immunity run, getting to the finals against Rob and Philip, and takes the win.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Frank the Tank » 06 May 2011, 08:26

It sure looked like Steve threw the Redemption Island duel. I'm surprised they glossed over that.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby klattamaniac » 06 May 2011, 11:08

Frank the Tank wrote:It sure looked like Steve threw the Redemption Island duel. I'm surprised they glossed over that.

Yeah, I have a hard time believing an ex-professional athlete could have been so bad at that challenge.

Other thoughts:
- They should re-name this season "Survivor: God Squad". Anytime Matt and now Mike open their mouths, there's a 99% chance the name "Jesus" will be uttered.
- Philip actually sounded like he was making sense when he was explaining his strategy of acting crazy. I doubt that was his original intention when he started, though.
- I didn't think Andrea was hot at all at the beginning, but she's grown on me over the course of the season. Probably because there is no other decent looking broad there (the others are meh).
klattamaniac
Hope College Alum

Postby Magnum » 06 May 2011, 11:19

klattamaniac wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:It sure looked like Steve threw the Redemption Island duel. I'm surprised they glossed over that.

Yeah, I have a hard time believing an ex-professional athlete could have been so bad at that challenge.

Other thoughts:
- They should re-name this season "Survivor: God Squad". Anytime Matt and now Mike open their mouths, there's a 99% chance the name "Jesus" will be uttered.
- Philip actually sounded like he was making sense when he was explaining his strategy of acting crazy. I doubt that was his original intention when he started, though.
- I didn't think Andrea was hot at all at the beginning, but she's grown on me over the course of the season. Probably because there is no other decent looking broad there (the others are meh).

The Jesus talk is way out of hand. I want Matt to go away.
Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:49 pm MisterTambourineMan you're salt of the earth, jike. like, a lot of salt.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby firstborn » 06 May 2011, 13:25

I find both Andrea and Natalie to be really hot, you guys must be joking.

Rob is the greatest Survivor player ever by far. If that poor guy doesn't win, and the odds are obviously against him especially with Jesus Island, I'll feel bad for him.
jack_daniels - Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:49 pm: i disappointed a lot of chicks over the years, wouldnt be surprised
firstborn
Site Admin

Postby Frank the Tank » 06 May 2011, 13:27

firstborn wrote:Rob is the greatest Survivor player ever by far. If that poor guy doesn't win, and the odds are obviously against him especially with Jesus Island, I'll feel bad for him.

Agreed, but I wasn't moved at all by the whole "build a better life for my wife and kid" thing after his wife won a million in All Stars.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BFP » 06 May 2011, 13:29

firstborn wrote:
Rob is the greatest Survivor player ever by far.

I just can't agree with this one. He's played FOUR times, and I think this season was set up to give either Rob or Russell a win, as the rest of the cast is completely pathetic(and that includes the Zapatera tribe.)

Rob's played 4 times, and twice hasn't even gotten to the jury. He shoulda won All-Stars, and should win this one, but in the same way that I should beat a blind person with no arms in a game of basketball. Having said that, if anybody(even Ralph) makes it to the end from the RI crew, they're winning, and I don't discount Natalie sneaking to the end and winning the spite vote either.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby firstborn » 06 May 2011, 13:34

I understand what you are getting at, I just think that in his 4 times he has orchestrated the best moves, has the best "vision" and strategy and adds great physical and puzzle challenge performances to all of that. No one else has that full package.
jack_daniels - Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:49 pm: i disappointed a lot of chicks over the years, wouldnt be surprised
firstborn
Site Admin

Postby Frank the Tank » 06 May 2011, 13:35

BFP wrote:
firstborn wrote:
Rob is the greatest Survivor player ever by far.

I just can't agree with this one. He's played FOUR times, and I think this season was set up to give either Rob or Russell a win, as the rest of the cast is completely pathetic(and that includes the Zapatera tribe.)

Rob's played 4 times, and twice hasn't even gotten to the jury. He shoulda won All-Stars, and should win this one, but in the same way that I should beat a blind person with no arms in a game of basketball. Having said that, if anybody(even Ralph) makes it to the end from the RI crew, they're winning, and I don't discount Natalie sneaking to the end and winning the spite vote either.

I guess I'm giving Rob a ton of credit here because when my prior vote for greatest player ever (Rob Cesternino from Amazon) was on All-Stars he had a huge target on his back. This was the first time Russell played with contestants who had seen his earlier seasons on tv and he didn't last long. The fact that Rob was able to keep an iron fist over the tribe for so long is either a testament to his strength as a player, the rest of Ometeppe's weakness as players, or both (my vote).

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby klattamaniac » 06 May 2011, 13:55

firstborn wrote:I find both Andrea and Natalie to be really hot, you guys must be joking.

I don't think they're ugly by any means, but I don't think they stack up well against the talent from past seasons.
klattamaniac
Hope College Alum

Postby BFP » 06 May 2011, 14:12

firstborn wrote:I understand what you are getting at, I just think that in his 4 times he has orchestrated the best moves, has the best "vision" and strategy and adds great physical and puzzle challenge performances to all of that. No one else has that full package.

This is a solid argument, my only response is there are other players who've shown dominance that just didn't get to play 4 times because of whatever reasons. He wasn't really an exciting personality, but I'd be interested in seeing how Yul would do if he played again, he flat out OWNED his season, came from behind in numbers, had great strategy and was pretty good at challenges. Also, one of the first to use the "bring a bum to the end" strategy with Becky(I think that was her name).

Edit-Also, Yul managed to get Parvati voted out, something nobody else could ever do.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby firstborn » 07 May 2011, 01:12

You might be right, I skipped out on a few seasons around that time barely know who Yul is. Why was he never an all-star?
firstborn
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Reality TV