Survivor: Redemption Island

Cause it has to have its own section....

Re: Survivor: Redemption Island

Postby Frank the Tank » 02 Apr 2011, 18:38

babylurch wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:I wish they didn't give away in the previews that the duel winner will re-enter the game from Redemption Island this week. That would've been a great surprise while watching.

Isn't that the point of the redemption?

I'm not complaining that they're going back into the game, I'm complaining that they gave it away in the previews.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby babylurch » 02 Apr 2011, 19:24

Frank the Tank wrote:
babylurch wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:I wish they didn't give away in the previews that the duel winner will re-enter the game from Redemption Island this week. That would've been a great surprise while watching.

I'm not complaining that they're going back into the game, I'm complaining that they gave it away in the previews.

I don't watch. Doesn't the duel winner always go back? I am wondering what there is to give away.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby Frank the Tank » 02 Apr 2011, 20:22

babylurch wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
babylurch wrote:

I don't watch. Doesn't the duel winner always go back? I am wondering what there is to give away.

The duel winner always advances to another duel. This week's duel winner will rejoin the tribes.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby klattamaniac » 04 Apr 2011, 11:22

I'm a little disappointed that they're sending the duel winner back so soon. I was hoping they would send someone back when there were only like 6-7 people left.
klattamaniac
Hope College Alum

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 04 Apr 2011, 11:41

klattamaniac wrote:

I'm a little disappointed that they're sending the duel winner back so soon. I was hoping they would send someone back when there were only like 6-7 people left.

They also showed on the preview that they're merging, right? Seems like the perfect time to bring the duel winner back. That person should be the ultimate wild card, as you don't know if they'll stick with their old tribe or go against them out of spite.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby Frank the Tank » 04 Apr 2011, 18:20

Agreed the timing is good to mix it up. There's also a chance they'll keep redemption island going and bring someone else back later.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby klattamaniac » 07 Apr 2011, 11:54

Matt is an idiot for not recognizing that Rob was planning to vote him out again. He should have just joined with the other tribe and voted Grant/Rob out. I don't blame Ralph/Mike for playing the immunity idol...they had to have thought that someone on their tribe was getting voted out.

Line of the night, from Rob: "He can still be a good Christian...on Redemption Island!"
klattamaniac
Hope College Alum

Postby SDGuy » 07 Apr 2011, 12:29

I've never watched a full season of survivor prior to this one but one of friends is a huge fan so I jumped onboard this one. It amazes me that someone can be as good at this game as rob is. He's a fucking savant.
Montecore's Revenge wrote:Protip: When you slit your wrists make sure you go north-south and not east-west. It will be harder for them to save you and it won't send out as much of a "just a cry for help, not a serious attempt" vibe
SDGuy
Basketball Jesus

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 07 Apr 2011, 12:30

SDGuy wrote:I've never watched a full season of survivor prior to this one but one of friends is a huge fan so I jumped onboard this one. It amazes me that someone can be as good at this game as rob is. He's a fucking savant.

It's also his 4th time playing...
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby SDGuy » 07 Apr 2011, 12:36

Clayton Bigsby wrote:
SDGuy wrote:I've never watched a full season of survivor prior to this one but one of friends is a huge fan so I jumped onboard this one. It amazes me that someone can be as good at this game as rob is. He's a fucking savant.

It's also his 4th time playing...

I realize this but it never occured to me that you could actually be good at this game.
Montecore's Revenge wrote:Protip: When you slit your wrists make sure you go north-south and not east-west. It will be harder for them to save you and it won't send out as much of a "just a cry for help, not a serious attempt" vibe
SDGuy
Basketball Jesus

Postby BFP » 07 Apr 2011, 13:08

Rob is good, but he's also lucky. He got put on a tribe full of idiots.

As crazy as Philip is, he's Rob's only actual threat. Who else has ever said one word of backstabbing Rob? None of them. The chicks are lazy and not even that hot, Grant probably thinks he's going to the Final 2 with Rob when in actuality, the second the other tribe is gone, Rob will take him out.

And Matt's woman Andrea is the biggest fool of all in my book. She could have voted Grant last night, saved the dude she is in love with and had power over Rob. Now, she's still in 6th place and has zero allies. Great plan.

I kind of wonder if they're building up to Rob vs. Matt in a Duel, which would be kinda funny, especially if Matt beat him straight up.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Frank the Tank » 09 Apr 2011, 08:37

Rob's not only really good at this game, but he's great in the side interviews. "I don't care if it's romantic comedies or Oreo cookies." "It's an inside joke between me and Amber. She has all kinds of stuffed animals and Murlonio's the ring leader."

Most shows cheapen themselves with gimmicks, like inviting back old players and the like. I think Survivor makes itself better when it does it. I vote that for the rest of its run they do all new players in the fall and then something gimmicky in the spring. Hopefully they'll cast the next all-newbies one better than the last one.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BFP » 13 Apr 2011, 08:15

2 tribals this week. If they do a Duel, that takes up the whole episode, right?

Wondering if Redemption Island now takes a twist and a group of people gather there for ONE duel to get back into the game rather than a bunch of 1 on 1 duels?

And while it's provided an OK twist, I officially don't like Redemption Island, simply for the reason that Matt has been voted off twice now, and could still win the game.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Frank the Tank » 16 Apr 2011, 19:21

BFP wrote:2 tribals this week. If they do a Duel, that takes up the whole episode, right?

Wondering if Redemption Island now takes a twist and a group of people gather there for ONE duel to get back into the game rather than a bunch of 1 on 1 duels?

And while it's provided an OK twist, I officially don't like Redemption Island, simply for the reason that Matt has been voted off twice now, and could still win the game.

I like the idea of pooling everyone at redemption island and having one mega-challenge when they're down to four to bring a fifth person back. I'm still officially withholding judgment on Redemption Island until the end of the season.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Freddy Fernandez » 25 Apr 2011, 13:00

If they are going to continue bringing back two all stars to serve as "captains," the next season should have Coach vs Phillip. Those two guys would be great on the same season.
"What're the best shoe/purse brands for the spring season?" ~jack_daniels
Freddy Fernandez
OG's sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to Reality TV