Survivor: Redemption Island

Cause it has to have its own section....

Re: Survivor: Redemption Island

Postby klattamaniac » 24 Feb 2011, 12:22

Not sure I agree with Rob choosing to vote off Matt. Now, the chick with the weird eyes (Andrea?) is pissed off at him and could very well join forces with Phillip and Natalie...needing only 1-2 of the other group to switch and swing the balance of power. Instead, he could've just played it safe and voted off Natalie/Phillip and taken care of Matt later, when Andrea would have nobody to align with in retaliation.
klattamaniac
Hope College Alum

Postby Frank the Tank » 24 Feb 2011, 14:49

klattamaniac wrote:Not sure I agree with Rob choosing to vote off Matt. Now, the chick with the weird eyes (Andrea?) is pissed off at him and could very well join forces with Phillip and Natalie...needing only 1-2 of the other group to switch and swing the balance of power. Instead, he could've just played it safe and voted off Natalie/Phillip and taken care of Matt later, when Andrea would have nobody to align with in retaliation.

Agreed. Matt was gaining some respect, but I seriously doubt that he would be able to block a Boston Rob attempt on him at the next tribal council.

I loved the line about Philip being evidence that government jobs are too stressful.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BFP » 24 Feb 2011, 17:14

I was under the impression that Redemption Island would have 2 people there, and they would "duel", with 1 advancing, and 1 being officially gone.

But in tribal last night, somebody(I think Matt) said they were wondering how many people would come back to the game. Does this mean more than 1 person could re-enter the game? If so, how many people will live on Redemption Island? How many times will they have elimination challenges? Will it just be 1 challenge after 10 people have been there for a while, with 8 of them being officially eliminated at once?

I like the duel idea that I just assumed they were going with much better, but I also like the idea of 2 people rather than just 1 coming back.

Also, Rob is making these people look like fools so far.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Frank the Tank » 25 Feb 2011, 08:46

Probst isn't giving away anything about the Redemption Island rules on twitter or his blog. It'll be interesting to see for sure. I think bringing two people back over the course of the season might not be a horrible idea. If they just bring one person back at five players and that person goes right back out of the game it'll come off as very anti-climactic.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Double Deuce » 25 Feb 2011, 10:22

Frank the Tank wrote:
klattamaniac wrote:Not sure I agree with Rob choosing to vote off Matt. Now, the chick with the weird eyes (Andrea?) is pissed off at him and could very well join forces with Phillip and Natalie...needing only 1-2 of the other group to switch and swing the balance of power. Instead, he could've just played it safe and voted off Natalie/Phillip and taken care of Matt later, when Andrea would have nobody to align with in retaliation.

Agreed. Matt was gaining some respect, but I seriously doubt that he would be able to block a Boston Rob attempt on him at the next tribal council.

I loved the line about Philip being evidence that government jobs are too stressful.

Agreed. Rob's interviews are just so much more entertaining the everyone else's. I'd be willing to start a grassroots campaign for him to replace Probst down the road...he'd bring some major drama to tribal councils.
Double Deuce
Chuggo

Postby Freddy Fernandez » 03 Mar 2011, 14:07

Sorry to see Russell voted off, but he really never had a chance with that group. The late effort to get the old chick on their side was a nice try, but he should have been working on taking apart that group of 6 much earlier. What did he think his group of 3 was going to do against 6 people? Throwing the challenge to get rid of Russell was stupid as well, I hope that team goes on a long losing streak now and is shorthanded at the merge.
"What're the best shoe/purse brands for the spring season?" ~jack_daniels
Freddy Fernandez
OG's sponsor

Postby klattamaniac » 03 Mar 2011, 14:42

Freddy Fernandez wrote:Sorry to see Russell voted off, but he really never had a chance with that group. The late effort to get the old chick on their side was a nice try, but he should have been working on taking apart that group of 6 much earlier. What did he think his group of 3 was going to do against 6 people? Throwing the challenge to get rid of Russell was stupid as well, I hope that team goes on a long losing streak now and is shorthanded at the merge.

Russell should have known that he would have a target on his back from the beginning, so he would have had to charm the rest of the group (like Rob) instead of taking his usual combative approach...which got him booted at the first opportunity.
klattamaniac
Hope College Alum

Postby BFP » 04 Mar 2011, 09:16

Just a dumb episode all around, and I'm thinking they only brought back Russell so people could get the "satisfaction" of seeing him voted off finally. Losing to that inbred in the overalls is a sad fall from grace for the most entertaining player ever.

Having said that, this team is retarded for throwing a challenge when only ONE person is out of the game so far(because of Redemption Island, Matt is still alive). If Russell goes and loses at a duel, they now have LESS players than the other tribe. I think they got so caught up in the idea of being able to actually vote out THE Russell and pat themselves on the back that they didn't think about it at all.

Russell's girl(Stephanie?) was spot-on with essentially everything she said, and I loved the guy who refused to do the puzzle in immunity trying to argue with her when she said that 6 people can't win and they'll turn on each other or get picked off at the merge. His response was something to the effect of "NUH UH".

Prediction:Russell goes on a duel winning streak(as I see both teams getting rid of women in the next few weeks) until Rob's tribe finally blindsides him, and Russell and Rob duel. Rob probably wins that.

Last thing: I think it's stupid that ANYBODY gets to see what is happening at the Duel. Would be much more fun if they had no clue who was still alive.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby firstborn » 04 Mar 2011, 21:14

BFP wrote:Last thing: I think it's stupid that ANYBODY gets to see what is happening at the Duel. Would be much more fun if they had no clue who was still alive.

Agreed on a lot of your post, especially this part. Makes me wonder if that might have been one of the few times there will be an audience at the duel though.
jack_daniels - Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:49 pm: i disappointed a lot of chicks over the years, wouldnt be surprised
firstborn
Site Admin

Postby Frank the Tank » 05 Mar 2011, 21:07

firstborn wrote:
BFP wrote:Last thing: I think it's stupid that ANYBODY gets to see what is happening at the Duel. Would be much more fun if they had no clue who was still alive.

Agreed on a lot of your post, especially this part. Makes me wonder if that might have been one of the few times there will be an audience at the duel though.

I don't mind them seeing the duel if it was a one-time only thing. I agree that it's not a great idea to continue though.

Stephanie may have been right, but damn she was annoying being right.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Frank the Tank » 10 Mar 2011, 16:41

Generally a good episode, though I don't like them continuing to allow spectators in the duels.

I will miss Russell. He certainly made the shows interesting, but now that everyone knows him and he can't pull off a surprise like he did his first two times (remember they taped Heroes vs Villains before Russell's first season aired), he might have been destined for a disappointing season had he stuck around.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BFP » 10 Mar 2011, 17:24

I didn't think Russell or Rob had a chance, and I'm kind of shocked that they've allowed Rob to take control of the game on his tribe. I also think Russell was brought back to make all the people who hated him happy to see him finally get eliminated. Just a bummer it happened so soon, as outside of Rob and Philip(and maybe the hairy dude), there's not much in terms of personality this year.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby SouthernYokel » 31 Mar 2011, 12:43

the old black guy has a 2nd career waiting as a Gus Johnson style announcer. That little monologue at the end had me laughing pretty hard. Sounded like he was reading for a movie trailer.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Frank the Tank » 02 Apr 2011, 17:29

I wish they didn't give away in the previews that the duel winner will re-enter the game from Redemption Island this week. That would've been a great surprise while watching.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby babylurch » 02 Apr 2011, 17:31

Frank the Tank wrote:I wish they didn't give away in the previews that the duel winner will re-enter the game from Redemption Island this week. That would've been a great surprise while watching.

Isn't that the point of the redemption?
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

PreviousNext

Return to Reality TV