Survivor 20: Heroes vs. Villains

Cause it has to have its own section....

Re: Survivor 20: Heroes vs. Villains

Postby Frank the Tank » 24 Apr 2010, 18:20

Loved this episode. This is in the running for greatest season ever IMO.

In other news, Russell was recently arrested and apparently wants to sue the cops.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BFP » 24 Apr 2010, 19:53

Frank the Tank wrote:Loved this episode. This is in the running for greatest season ever IMO.

In other news, Russell was recently arrested and apparently wants to sue the cops.

This story leaves out why the cops were rough with him. When being handcuffed, he played an immunity idol.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby firstborn » 25 Apr 2010, 02:21

Frank the Tank wrote:Loved this episode. This is in the running for greatest season ever IMO.

Agreed, I stopped watching Survivor for 7 or 8 seasons but came back for Samoa and now I'm really enjoying this one. The past 3-4 weeks have been ridiculous.

I think it is time for Russell to find an idol without a clue again.

One thing that bothered me though was Probst interfering too much in the challenge when Candice quit. If I was one of the villains still up there I would have been so pissed.
jack_daniels - Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:49 pm: i disappointed a lot of chicks over the years, wouldnt be surprised
firstborn
Site Admin

Postby Frank the Tank » 25 Apr 2010, 07:25

firstborn wrote:One thing that bothered me though was Probst interfering too much in the challenge when Candice quit. If I was one of the villains still up there I would have been so pissed.

cos(x)ed. Probst has been getting more and more involved in stirring things up at tribal council over the years, but he usually doesn't do that in challenges. That was a bit much.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Briandong79 » 29 Apr 2010, 12:42

Should be interesting tonight, huge episode. I think Russell is safe for one more episode to continue to give the villains the numbers edge, and then he's gone. Unless Parvati feels solid enough bringing over her Hero friend to her side.

Challenges are going to really be a toss up from here on out, none of the players left are particularly physical.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby klattamaniac » 30 Apr 2010, 10:36

I was kinda shocked when Sandra voted for Amanda last night...didn't see that one coming. I really thought Parvati was gone.
klattamaniac
Hope College Alum

Postby BFP » 30 Apr 2010, 11:24

I think Russell has almost immediately gone from being in charge of the game, to 2nd to Parvati, to really vulnerable to now the guy you WANT to be sitting next to in the finals because he's so bad at the social aspect of things. His ONLY hope is if people vote solely on gameplay and not social reasons.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Frank the Tank » 03 May 2010, 07:22

BFP wrote:I think Russell has almost immediately gone from being in charge of the game, to 2nd to Parvati, to really vulnerable to now the guy you WANT to be sitting next to in the finals because he's so bad at the social aspect of things. His ONLY hope is if people vote solely on gameplay and not social reasons.

I think Russell will also have trouble winning because at the time of the taping he wasn't "part of the club". All these other Survivors knew each other pretty well beforehand.

They're down to eight and there are only three episodes left. A lot of fireworks still to come.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Dick Hertz » 03 May 2010, 09:22

Shit, only 3 episodes left? I gotta start paying attention to shit like that.

At this point, I don't have much interest in who wins, but it's been a darn good season so far.

I guess I'd vote for anyone but Parvati. No need to give hot prima donna bitches any more ideas on how to manipulate a bunch of dudes.
Dick Hertz
Gray

Postby Frank the Tank » 03 May 2010, 09:29

Dick Hertz wrote:I guess I'd vote for anyone but Parvati. No need to give hot prima donna bitches any more ideas on how to manipulate a bunch of dudes.

Agreed. I didn't mind her winning Fans v Favorites, but I'm really rooting against her this time. She's way too full of herself.

Candace needs to go. She's way to weak to have been included in this season.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 06 May 2010, 21:10

What exactly is Russell's strategy? I'm not seeing it.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Freddy Fernandez » 06 May 2010, 22:21

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:What exactly is Russell's strategy? I'm not seeing it.

Me neither. Unless he is trying for a final 3 of Colby, Jeri, and himself I think he has painted himself Into a corner and he is done.
"What're the best shoe/purse brands for the spring season?" ~jack_daniels
Freddy Fernandez
OG's sponsor

Postby BFP » 07 May 2010, 06:48

I think it is said every week that Russell is done, but if anything, last night made it pretty clear to me that he is in no danger at all of going home. And I'm thinking it's because people know he's GREAT to take to the finals. I love the guy and legit think he's the best player out there, but there's no way he's getting the votes. People hate him too much.

Still, Chimpanzee Tits getting voted out last night was classic Russell and just proof of how good the guy truly is at the game. He decides he wants to split up not only an alliance, but the tightest alliance in the game. So he makes up a story, which most players would do. However, he gets busted, and manages to turn it on Danielle, get her so worked up that she spills TOO MUCH information, at which point he signals Jerri to pay attention and bam....even though his lie is exposed, HE STILL GETS THE PERSON ELIMINATED THAT HE WANTED.

Dude is just awesome at the game, and I'm convinced he could take out anyone, at anytime if he felt strongly enough about it.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Dick Hertz » 07 May 2010, 09:31

Freddy Fernandez wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:What exactly is Russell's strategy? I'm not seeing it.

Me neither. Unless he is trying for a final 3 of Colby, Jeri, and himself I think he has painted himself Into a corner and he is done.

He plays perfectly in the regular season, but he's not built for the playoffs.

Glad to see Danielle gone. There was one shot of her last night and her tits looked god awful. Every time I see her, I see what looks to be a mustache shadow on her upper lip.

Great episode last night, getting hooked for the finish.
Dick Hertz
Gray

Postby mj3528 » 07 May 2010, 09:32

BFP wrote:I think it is said every week that Russell is done, but if anything, last night made it pretty clear to me that he is in no danger at all of going home. And I'm thinking it's because people know he's GREAT to take to the finals. I love the guy and legit think he's the best player out there, but there's no way he's getting the votes. People hate him too much.

Still, Chimpanzee Tits getting voted out last night was classic Russell and just proof of how good the guy truly is at the game. He decides he wants to split up not only an alliance, but the tightest alliance in the game. So he makes up a story, which most players would do. However, he gets busted, and manages to turn it on Danielle, get her so worked up that she spills TOO MUCH information, at which point he signals Jerri to pay attention and bam....even though his lie is exposed, HE STILL GETS THE PERSON ELIMINATED THAT HE WANTED.

Dude is just awesome at the game, and I'm convinced he could take out anyone, at anytime if he felt strongly enough about it.

I was amazed that he was able to pull last night off, but if Parvati is smart at all, she has to get rid of him if she has the opportunity next week. I thought his move last night was too much, too early and he should pay for it next week. Of course if he wins immunity again, he will still be around.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

PreviousNext

Return to Reality TV