Survivor 20: Heroes vs. Villains

Cause it has to have its own section....

Re: Survivor 20: Heroes vs. Villains

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 10 Apr 2010, 00:52

I'm beginning to think Russ is a moran and Parvati will win again.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby BFP » 10 Apr 2010, 12:10

Dick Hertz wrote:
Out of the remaining contestants, are there any $1 million winners left?

Parvati, Sandra and JT are all former winners. So 3 of the final 11 have already won. If anything, I would try to align with them, then use the, "They've already won" card in final tribal.

----

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:I'm beginning to think Russ is a moran and Parvati will win again.

Hate to say it, but I may agree with this. Russell has been a genius since Day 1 of Samoa right up until this vote. I think what is really telling is that he voted for Courtney, which means he must have been out of the loop somehow. His idea of making the heroes think there is an all-woman alliance may not be just a strategy, but a reality. Parvati has done it before, and with Amanda the complete and total retard right there, she can do it again.

The ONLY thing I can think is that perhaps Russell was counting numbers, and thought Coach may be the first jury member(he is) and so he voted for Courtney as a way to get Coach on his good side for the jury, because hey, he didn't vote against the guy. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit there, but the guy IS pretty awesome.

Still, if a woman isn't voted off this week, Russell is screwed along with all the remaining guys, and Parvati is going to win again.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Dick Hertz » 10 Apr 2010, 12:38

BFP wrote:Still, if a woman isn't voted off this week, Russell is screwed along with all the remaining guys, and Parvati is going to win again.

Did anyone catch the previews for the upcoming week? They called it one of the stupidest plays ever in Survivor.
Dick Hertz
Gray

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 10 Apr 2010, 14:18

Looks like a merge and JT thinks about giving Russ the HII.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby firstborn » 11 Apr 2010, 01:36

It looked like JT was going to give Russell the idol without a merge happening, like bumping into him at the challenge and giving it to him so he could fight the "girl alliance" at the Villains tribe so that when the merge comes, they have his vote.

If Russell falls into that kind of luck, and it seemed in the preview he just might, wow.

The HNZ was really HANTZ all stuck together,
jack_daniels - Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:49 pm: i disappointed a lot of chicks over the years, wouldnt be surprised
firstborn
Site Admin

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 16 Apr 2010, 13:54

I think I will take back anything I said about Russell being the greatest of all time. While he is very strong in some areas, he just cannot plan ahead for the end game. His social game sucks. He has no subtlety. He is being outplayed by Parvatti.

Edited to add: Just read something that I hadn't thought of. Russell is playing the same game as he did last season b/c he is under the impression that he won that season. This season was taped before the final tribal council. Makes sense to me. Though he does get the advantage of no one knows his game.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby BFP » 17 Apr 2010, 11:05

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:I think I will take back anything I said about Russell being the greatest of all time. While he is very strong in some areas, he just cannot plan ahead for the end game. His social game sucks. He has no subtlety. He is being outplayed by Parvatti.

Edited to add: Just read something that I hadn't thought of. Russell is playing the same game as he did last season b/c he is under the impression that he won that season. This season was taped before the final tribal council. Makes sense to me. Though he does get the advantage of no one knows his game.

I think Russell's biggest fault is that he does not realize others do not see the game his way. He thinks jury members will vote for him because of how dominant he is, when the truth is, most of them are petty a-holes who refuse to admit they got CRUSHED, so will vote against him just to spite him. I am not sure the people this season will do the same though.

I actually think Russell is trying a bit harder for jury votes. It's the reason he wouldn't vote for Coach, and clearly wrote his last name on the Courtney vote. He hoped to get Coach's vote as a result of that. I don't think he will, but he tried.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Dick Hertz » 17 Apr 2010, 12:33

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote: Russell is playing the same game as he did last season b/c he is under the impression that he won that season. This season was taped before the final tribal council. Makes sense to me. Though he does get the advantage of no one knows his game.

I did not know that. Interesting.

Down to 10 now, the merge next week should be interesting especially since they gave the idol to Russell and he didn't use it. I thought Russell made a huge mistake of letting everyone know he was given the idol. Now all remaining members know he has it and it probably won't be as useful, but you never know with that guy.
Dick Hertz
Gray

Postby Frank the Tank » 17 Apr 2010, 13:16

Russell does have his weaknesses, for sure, and he's letting Parvati play him. He's still in the running for best ever IMO though. I don't know anyone who's game is perfect.

I think JT was actually on to something with the immunity idol if he had the women's alliance properly pegged.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BFP » 17 Apr 2010, 15:16

Frank the Tank wrote:Russell does have his weaknesses, for sure, and he's letting Parvati play him. He's still in the running for best ever IMO though. I don't know anyone who's game is perfect.

I think JT was actually on to something with the immunity idol if he had the women's alliance properly pegged.

GPIA regarding JT. I don't buy it as one of the "dumbest Survivor moments ever". I don't even think it was the dumbest move of the season: That goes to Tyson deciding to switch a guaranteed plan to vote Parvati. There was absolutely no benefit in doing that. JT's move is risky and probably won't pay off, but if it did somehow, it would go down as one of the smartest moves in history. Still, if he doesn't win individual immunity this week, I see him going home.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby klattamaniac » 23 Apr 2010, 07:15

I can't see anyone but Parvati winning this thing. I hate her, but that move in tribal council was brilliant. Even if Russell survives next week, nobody on the jury will vote for him.
klattamaniac
Hope College Alum

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 23 Apr 2010, 08:04

This is what I hate about the show: they have to hide the interesting developments to create viewer suspense in Tribal Council. I wish they had an alternate channel where you could see the actual game play and how players came to the decisions they make.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Fletch » 23 Apr 2010, 08:34

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:This is what I hate about the show: they have to hide the interesting developments to create viewer suspense in Tribal Council. I wish they had an alternate channel where you could see the actual game play and how players came to the decisions they make.

What do you feel was hidden?
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby BFP » 23 Apr 2010, 17:47

klattamaniac wrote:I can't see anyone but Parvati winning this thing. I hate her, but that move in tribal council was brilliant. Even if Russell survives next week, nobody on the jury will vote for him.

Russell will survive next week. I know it looks like Sandra will flip, but I think Amanda will foolishly try to flip to be Parvati's best pal at the same time, cancelling Sandra out. The only thing stopping a Russell-Parvati-Danielle Final 3 right now is paranoia causing 1 to blindside the other in favor of Jerri, or an immunity run from Colby.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Fletch » 23 Apr 2010, 18:36

I dont see how Russ goes home last night. Above all else, last night's play by Parv ensured that the Villains had numbers over the Heroes, and now they have a 5-4 advantage. WTF does Parvati care about Jeri and/or Sandra - they're just numbers. If they dump Russ next week, they're back to square one - a 4-4 tie where anything goes.

I think Colby or Rupert goes next week, with Russ possibly getting the dump the week after.
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

PreviousNext

Return to Reality TV