Survivor 20: Heroes vs. Villains

Cause it has to have its own section....

Re: Survivor 20: Heroes vs. Villains

Postby klattamaniac » 07 May 2010, 09:55

Dick Hertz wrote:He plays perfectly in the regular season, but he's not built for the playoffs.

Glad to see Danielle gone. There was one shot of her last night and her tits looked god awful. Every time I see her, I see what looks to be a mustache shadow on her upper lip.

Great episode last night, getting hooked for the finish.


I know exactly what scene you're talking about where her tits looked horrible.

I also threw up in my mouth during the first challenge when they showed all the chicks with hairy armpits.
klattamaniac
Hope College Alum
 
Posts: 281
Joined: 13 Mar 2008, 11:08

Re: Survivor 20: Heroes vs. Villains

Postby Frank the Tank » 08 May 2010, 20:33

Russell is good at scrambling, but he's digging himself way too big a hole for the fiinal three.

Probst went off on Rupert for his holier than thou leech. I disagree. That's Rupert. Thats part of his game. He projects integrity (even if its not always warranted) and plays off that. Doesn't make any sense to complain about that.

Im convinced Russell doesn't make the final three, but thats just a hunch, not a spoiler. I think his last play was just too desperate.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31556
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: Survivor 20: Heroes vs. Villains

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 13 May 2010, 21:43

I'm guessing Russell needs to get it down to Colby, Jerri and himself.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18368
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: Survivor 20: Heroes vs. Villains

Postby someguysomewhere » 14 May 2010, 12:58

I think I've watched about one half of one episode of this show ever, but it's pretty cool that a buddy of mine I just graduated with is doing this instead of getting a lawyering job.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
User avatar
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 10404
Joined: 19 May 2006, 12:04
Location: The foul line, looking terrified.

Re: Survivor 20: Heroes vs. Villains

Postby Briandong79 » 16 May 2010, 20:05

That was the greatest ending to any immunity challenge I've ever seen...holy shit.

ETA: Once again, Russell has shown himself to be a complete tard when it comes to actually winning.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31130
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Survivor 20: Heroes vs. Villains

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 16 May 2010, 22:08

Sandra? They really need to take the vote away from the jury. Parvatti was robbed.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18368
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: Survivor 20: Heroes vs. Villains

Postby BFP » 17 May 2010, 06:48

I think they need to have the jury VOTE at the live finale instead of just have their votes read. Bitterness probably doesn't last for months, plus they get to watch the episodes and see just how true or false some statements are, strategies, etc.

So many coattail losers have said, "I MADE BIG DECISIONS!" (such as Natalie from S 19) but in reality, the viewers know that was total bunk.
User avatar
BFP
Bruce Dickinson
 
Posts: 818
Joined: 24 Sep 2008, 12:19

Re: Survivor 20: Heroes vs. Villains

Postby Frank the Tank » 17 May 2010, 12:01

Meh, the jury didn't vote how I would've voted, but that doesn't make me think there's anything wrong with how they do it now. Having people vote at the reunion show would be a disaster IMO because no one would ever say anything controversial to the camera again. The reason people are honest with the camera now is because when they're alone they know they're speaking with impunity.

The final vote was a bit of a dud, but this is still a top-three season for sure. I think I'd probably put it at number two (no season can top the first just because it was so new).
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31556
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: Survivor 20: Heroes vs. Villains

Postby BFP » 17 May 2010, 12:11

Frank the Tank wrote:Meh, the jury didn't vote how I would've voted, but that doesn't make me think there's anything wrong with how they do it now. Having people vote at the reunion show would be a disaster IMO because no one would ever say anything controversial to the camera again. The reason people are honest with the camera now is because when they're alone they know they're speaking with impunity.

The final vote was a bit of a dud, but this is still a top-three season for sure. I think I'd probably put it at number two (no season can top the first just because it was so new).


My thinking about changing up the jury voting procedure has more to do with last season than this one. When pretty much EVERYONE who watches the show says, "Yeah, wrong person won." maybe it's a bit screwy.

My other idea is that they keep the jury separate from each other once voted out. As it is now, they spend 10-12 days together once voted off and that's where I think a lot of the bitterness comes from. I was watching some of the Ponderosa scenes at CBS.com, when Rupert got booted, and he was telling them about the challenges and let them know there was a family visit, to which Danielle started muttering, "Damn Russell...."

Keep in mind, she said it to Rupert, who cast the exact same vote when she was eliminated, which was a vote for her. The response was agreement, and it just seems like 1 really bitter person could sway the entire jury if they chose to.

Keep them isolated from each other and it may be different.
User avatar
BFP
Bruce Dickinson
 
Posts: 818
Joined: 24 Sep 2008, 12:19

Re: Survivor 20: Heroes vs. Villains

Postby Briandong79 » 17 May 2010, 12:17

BFP wrote:
My other idea is that they keep the jury separate from each other once voted out. As it is now, they spend 10-12 days together once voted off and that's where I think a lot of the bitterness comes from. I was watching some of the Ponderosa scenes at CBS.com, when Rupert got booted, and he was telling them about the challenges and let them know there was a family visit, to which Danielle started muttering, "Damn Russell...."


That's actually a really good point, shoving the jury together with each other where they can all just bitch and moan about how Russell screwed them over really can alter the landscape.

Overall, its much more of a crime that Parvati lost than Russell, she played a more complete game.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31130
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Survivor 20: Heroes vs. Villains

Postby Frank the Tank » 17 May 2010, 12:35

Briandean79 wrote:
BFP wrote:
My other idea is that they keep the jury separate from each other once voted out. As it is now, they spend 10-12 days together once voted off and that's where I think a lot of the bitterness comes from. I was watching some of the Ponderosa scenes at CBS.com, when Rupert got booted, and he was telling them about the challenges and let them know there was a family visit, to which Danielle started muttering, "Damn Russell...."


That's actually a really good point, shoving the jury together with each other where they can all just bitch and moan about how Russell screwed them over really can alter the landscape.

Overall, its much more of a crime that Parvati lost than Russell, she played a more complete game.


That is indeed a good point. While it would help the game integrity i think, it would be just absolutely brutal for the contestants. I assume it would also be more expensive to keep them isolated since they'd need a bigger infrastructure at Ponderosa.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31556
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: Survivor 20: Heroes vs. Villains

Postby Frank the Tank » 24 Mar 2012, 20:33

2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31556
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: Survivor 20: Heroes vs. Villains

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 06 May 2012, 22:58

Anyone see where Russell has a new reality show on A&E (I think). He's in Houston and is trying to flip houses.

I caught about 30 seconds of it in my hotel room last night and then changed the channel.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18368
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Previous

Return to Reality TV

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest