The Amazing Race

Cause it has to have its own section....

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 04 May 2005, 13:40

Another impressive win for Romber last night.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby Frank the Tank » 05 May 2005, 08:00

I don't see anyone beating them, but I guess all it takes is one bad break. Next week's preview makes it pretty clear that they're all tied up at least at one point on the final leg.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 10 May 2005, 09:35

2 hour finale tonight. This should be excellent T.V.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby Freddy Fernandez » 10 May 2005, 15:26

I personally think Rob and Amber have run the Race better than any team in the show's history. However, I think they peaked too early. I think Uchenna and Joyce are hitting their stride and are pretty smart themselves. Rob and Amber take chances, which pay off big if they are successful, but could cost them the Race if they screw up.

My trifecta would be Uchenna and Joyce to win, Rob and Amber to place, and Ron and Kelly to get run over by a bus. God willing...
"What're the best shoe/purse brands for the spring season?" ~jack_daniels
Freddy Fernandez
OG's sponsor

Postby Frank the Tank » 10 May 2005, 15:31

At least Kelly getting hit by a bus. I wanted to jump through the TV when she accused Ron of "getting out of" his commitment to the army by becoming a POW. She's really not helping to dispel the dumb-as-a-post stereotype of beauty pageant contestants.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 10 May 2005, 22:56

Hell of a finish. I love how Uchenna pulled it out. too bad for Boston Rob but they really didn't do enough to win considering everything that happened.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby firstborn » 10 May 2005, 23:12

Quite the comeback from broke and behind begging for money... but that's the role of the airports and opening hours in the race.

Still a great season.
firstborn
Site Admin

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 10 May 2005, 23:17

Agreed. probaly the best in the show. because of the fact that we actually knew who some of the people are. I still liked seeing that midget Sharrla running though.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby Frank the Tank » 11 May 2005, 06:53

I agree that it was a great season and that Uchenna and Joyce pulled off a fantastic comeback, but I totally disagree that Rob didn't do enough to win. I think he put them in great shape to win even after the debacle at the sugar mill in Puerto Rico and if the pilot hadn't allowed the jetway to come back to the plane they'd have won easily. I think they just got unlucky. I was rooting for Joyce and Uchenna, but I still believe that Rob and Amber were the best team.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby fatty » 11 May 2005, 21:14

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:I still liked seeing that midget Sharrla running though.

The scene of her carrying the side of beef on her shoulders, or when she was dressed in goalie gear make me crack up just thinking of them.

I agree with FTT, I think Romber just got unlucky, but I wasn't at all disappointed in them losing. I was screaming at my TV though when he was running around looking for money to pay the cabbie when he was 500 YARDS FROM WINNING A MILLION DOLLARS!! Just tell him, "excuse me, I have to go win this reality show, I'll be right back with your fare!"

Also, I may have been a little drunk, so the screaming might have been over the top. I wonder though, why when they were going up to all the americans (either in the airport or the streets of Miami), why they didn't mention they were on AR? I know they say "we're in a race" all the time, but is there a rule that prohibits them from saying they're on that show, cause it could coerce people into helping them?

Whatever, Rob and Amber lost, and Ron and Kelly sucked :-D
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Location: velvet bob ross knows not the physical limits of "location"

Postby Frank the Tank » 12 May 2005, 07:32

The rules prohibit stiffing vendors such as cabbies (if they let you go it's okay, but they couldn't cross the finish line with the cab driver claiming he wasn't paid) and prohibit mentioning "The Amazing Race" for confidentiality reasons. That's why Uchenna was trying to say "I'll pay you really really soon, trust me!!!"

My favorite Sharla moment was when she had to eat that giant Ostrich egg that was about 1/5th the size she was.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby fatty » 12 May 2005, 22:49

cool, thx for clearing that up FTT. I sorta figured it was something like that
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Location: velvet bob ross knows not the physical limits of "location"

Postby Frank the Tank » 09 Jun 2005, 11:46

GSN (formerly Game Show Network) has picked up the syndication rights for the first eight seasons of the Amazing Race. Sweet...
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby bostonredsox1002 » 09 Jun 2005, 17:00

Damn amazing race. My teacher assigned me some gay project about this show. One question for addicts, which places do contestants go to?
Ultimate Frisbee record: 1-1
Back on track son.
bostonredsox1002
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Frank the Tank » 09 Jun 2005, 22:08

bostonredsox1002 wrote:One question for addicts, which places do contestants go to?

All of them. They've been to every continent except Antarctica multiple times.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

PreviousNext

Return to Reality TV