The Amazing Race

Cause it has to have its own section....

Postby firstborn » 27 Mar 2005, 03:25

Soaring ratings on The Amazing Race can be traced to one person: Rob Mariano. Love him or hate him, Survivor's ever-quotable Rob-father and his million-dollar-fiancee, Amber Brkich, have stolen this show.

The lift could lead to more stunt casting on the series. Next fall's Amazing Race 8 is already a family affair, with four person teams made up entirely of relatives in the hunt. Don't be surprised if Survivor favorite Rupert Boneham, along with his wife, daughter and foster child, aren't part of the next race.
firstborn
Site Admin

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 28 Mar 2005, 21:57

I wouldn't be but I would stil watch that "Mankink" looking hippie and his redneck kids.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 28 Mar 2005, 22:00

I thought that same thing. I can see giving that away to a taxi driver on the home stretch when you land in America and are trying to get that edge to the last pit stop. I'm not sure I'd have given it to someone in Argentina.
Maybe then but not til the final out
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby jack_daniels » 28 Mar 2005, 22:05

Only one I watched was the one from the 02-03 season. Let's see there was the crybaby couple, the imo gay twins couple, some old grumpy fogies couple, and the token black group who always lose.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Frank the Tank » 29 Mar 2005, 16:42

jack_daniels wrote:Only one I watched was the one from the 02-03 season. Let's see there was the crybaby couple, the imo gay twins couple, some old grumpy fogies couple, and the token black group who always lose.

The black couple won AR6 and would have won AR1 if they didn't out-think themselves trying to beat NYC traffic.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby denn » 09 Apr 2005, 21:07

I grew up with and played hockey with Rob. Saw him and Amber at church on Easter. He is exactly in real life like he is on the show. Never trust him for a second, but not that bad a guy either....sorta.
denn
Doug Christie

Postby firstborn » 10 Apr 2005, 02:54

Now that I know Rob plays hockey I like him even more.
firstborn
Site Admin

Postby Frank the Tank » 11 Apr 2005, 07:47

I think the thing I like about Rob is that, while you can't necessarily trust him, you know that he's simply acting in his self-interest so you should be able to see the deception coming. Plus he's funny. That makes up for a lot when you're on TV and the guy's being dishonest with other people.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Frank the Tank » 13 Apr 2005, 07:30

Last night's episode's "twist" was thoroughly unsatisfying. You're all prepared for a big twist when they get to the mat, and then Phil simply says "you're still racing". While I'm sure this absolutely sucked for the players who had been awake for a long time and were exasperated by the challenges in Lucknow, there was absolutely no payoff for the viewers. One nice thing about Amazing Race is that since there are so many places to go in the world they don't really need to tinker with the base formula that much. I'm worried about how they're stretching to add dramatic moments and how the whole Teams of Four concept will work next season.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby fatty » 15 Apr 2005, 05:48

Frank the Tank wrote:While I'm sure this absolutely sucked for the players who had been awake for a long time and were exasperated by the challenges in Lucknow, there was absolutely no payoff for the viewers.

Cool, I was out drinking and missed it...and I don't have TiVo yet. :)
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Location: velvet bob ross knows not the physical limits of "location"

Postby Frank the Tank » 19 Apr 2005, 13:24

In other news Rob and Amber are now officially married. He is one lucky dog. Marrying a millionaire hottie is a pretty good career path.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby fatty » 22 Apr 2005, 09:11

Frank the Tank wrote:In other news Rob and Amber are now officially married. He is one lucky dog. Marrying a millionaire hottie is a pretty good career path.

Possibly a multi-millionaire, unless you know something about AR that I don't ;)
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Frank the Tank » 22 Apr 2005, 09:13

Very true fatty. They certainly have to be considered one of the favorites of the remaining four teams. Figure the the old couple has a less-than-5% chance of winning, so Rob and Amber are roughly 1-in-3 to win the million.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby fatty » 22 Apr 2005, 09:29

I don't see any way they lose right now, unless CBS drops some total "let's fuck Rob and Amber" challenge on them. But more importantly, how retarded do Donnie and Allison look right now??

(ps - if anyone remembers her/him (donnie, but I forget if she brought it up on BB or if he did on AR) saying he was a Pitt QB, that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not true, he was never even on the roster at ANY position...he transferred to D3 Bloomsburg for god's sake.)
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Frank the Tank » 22 Apr 2005, 09:50

Maybe he was using a loose definition. I could be considered a "Pitt QB" because I've played QB in numerous touch-football games in Butler County, which is in the general vicinity of Pittsburgh.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

PreviousNext

Return to Reality TV