The Amazing Race

Cause it has to have its own section....

Re: The Amazing Race

Postby Frank the Tank » 04 Mar 2014, 11:04

Both the Globetrotters and Cowboys have played well enough in the past to deserve a win.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31557
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: The Amazing Race

Postby klattamaniac » 04 Mar 2014, 13:55

Frank the Tank wrote:I like the casting this season. I missed the prior season, so I don't know the Afghanimals, but the other teams are all very watchable.

Thought I'd be rooting for Team Kentucky, but the way both of them handled it I was glad to see them go. Totally Mallory's fault that the backpack was left behind, but Mark was a dick after that.


Definitely agree that it was Mallory's fault. But couldn't they have continued racing, finished the leg, and then gone back for the bag? Assuming it wasn't long gone by then, is there any rule against that? Otherwise, as long as Mark had his passport and didn't need any life-saving medication, he should've kept going without the bag.

Either way, they still had plenty of time to advance and blew it with the hacky sack challenge.
klattamaniac
Hope College Alum
 
Posts: 281
Joined: 13 Mar 2008, 11:08

Re: The Amazing Race

Postby Frank the Tank » 04 Mar 2014, 14:01

klattamaniac wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:I like the casting this season. I missed the prior season, so I don't know the Afghanimals, but the other teams are all very watchable.

Thought I'd be rooting for Team Kentucky, but the way both of them handled it I was glad to see them go. Totally Mallory's fault that the backpack was left behind, but Mark was a dick after that.


Definitely agree that it was Mallory's fault. But couldn't they have continued racing, finished the leg, and then gone back for the bag? Assuming it wasn't long gone by then, is there any rule against that? Otherwise, as long as Mark had his passport and didn't need any life-saving medication, he should've kept going without the bag.

Either way, they still had plenty of time to advance and blew it with the hacky sack challenge.


They definitely could've done that. One team did that long ago. I forget who. Mark was clearly unwilling. His comment about how it wasn't even his bag was kind of weak. He didn't want to be stuck in my swimming challenge without a swimsuit I guess.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31557
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: The Amazing Race

Postby Briandong79 » 04 Mar 2014, 15:27

I like most of the teams as well. There is absolutely nothing wrong about rooting against the deaf kid. He's a douche.

Let's hope the Youtube team is the next to get booted.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31133
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: The Amazing Race

Postby Frank the Tank » 04 Mar 2014, 15:29

I'd like to see the country singers go next.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31557
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: The Amazing Race

Postby klattamaniac » 05 May 2014, 13:53

Frank the Tank wrote:I'd like to see the country singers go next.


And yet they've made it into the final four. At this point, I think the clear favorites are Dave/Connor, followed by the Afghanimals, Brendon/Rachel, and the hot chicks. I'm fine with any team winning except Brendon/Rachel.
klattamaniac
Hope College Alum
 
Posts: 281
Joined: 13 Mar 2008, 11:08

Re: The Amazing Race

Postby Frank the Tank » 14 May 2014, 16:04

klattamaniac wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:I'd like to see the country singers go next.


And yet they've made it into the final four. At this point, I think the clear favorites are Dave/Connor, followed by the Afghanimals, Brendon/Rachel, and the hot chicks. I'm fine with any team winning except Brendon/Rachel.


I am rooting for Dave and Connor heavily. I don't want either of the other pairs to win, though the Brenchels bug me less than they did in their first season. I'm hoping that there's a major rule change that allows for a foot-race between the cowboys and the Globetrotters for the million.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31557
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: The Amazing Race

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 15 May 2014, 02:50

Farva & Bix should go on next season's Amazing Race & wow everyone with their #travelboners. Their description could be: "Message Board Buddies".
#2C4S
Image
User avatar
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies
 
Posts: 6076
Joined: 21 Oct 2011, 11:04

Re: The Amazing Race

Postby Frank the Tank » 19 May 2014, 12:56

I was happy with the order of finish. The Brenchels went from "they don't piss me off as much as they used to" to "JTFC get the fuck off my tv" over the last couple weeks.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31557
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: The Amazing Race

Postby klattamaniac » 19 May 2014, 15:25

Frank the Tank wrote:I was happy with the order of finish. The Brenchels went from "they don't piss me off as much as they used to" to "JTFC get the fuck off my tv" over the last couple weeks.


Agreed - although that was the weakest final leg I've seen from this show. Where was the "identify all of the countries visited on the map" or "match the greeters and what they said with their countries" challenge?
klattamaniac
Hope College Alum
 
Posts: 281
Joined: 13 Mar 2008, 11:08

Re: The Amazing Race

Postby Briandong79 » 19 May 2014, 15:27

Yeah, I was shocked there wasn't a memorization one. Also, I wonder if there's a restriction that they can only have 1 parachutist in the air at once, glad it wasn't a close race otherwise that would have kind of sucked for the 2nd place team.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31133
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: The Amazing Race

Postby Frank the Tank » 19 May 2014, 16:28

Briandong79 wrote:Yeah, I was shocked there wasn't a memorization one. Also, I wonder if there's a restriction that they can only have 1 parachutist in the air at once, glad it wasn't a close race otherwise that would have kind of sucked for the 2nd place team.


There had to be a restriction. Having the contestants try to make their professional guides wait until the last minute to pull the chute would've been pretty reckless. Not to mention there has to be a minimum spacing between the choppers.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31557
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: The Amazing Race

Postby Frank the Tank » 29 Nov 2014, 20:29

Re: last night's episode:

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
the cyclists were such a strong team that it's a shame to see them lose on a stupid stupid move. They have nothing to gain on the fast forward. They take the usual route and they only need to beat the teams they have a forty-minute lead against. There was very minimal upside and huge downside.

I wonder how close the two check-ins were at the end?
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31557
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: The Amazing Race

Postby Briandong79 » 19 Dec 2014, 20:25

The way the one armed chick runs really makes her boobs bounce but because of the one arm thing it's more in a side to side motion than a regular runner.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31133
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: The Amazing Race

Postby Frank the Tank » 19 Dec 2014, 22:23

Briandong79 wrote:The way the one armed chick runs really makes her boobs bounce but because of the one arm thing it's more in a side to side motion than a regular runner.


I have noticed the same thing. She is impressive, and she is hot, but I still find myself thinking "her boobs bounce differently, how does the backpack stay on the left shoulder," etc. etc. etc.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31557
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

PreviousNext

Return to Reality TV

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests