The Amazing Race

Cause it has to have its own section....

Postby fatty » 05 Mar 2005, 23:30

Nah, these days the FCC doesn't really give a shit what the content is, as long as you bleep the swear words. Just watch an episode of Blind Date sometime...they practically fuck on camera. But they get bleeped, so it's ok.
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Location: velvet bob ross knows not the physical limits of "location"

Postby Frank the Tank » 06 Mar 2005, 08:10

jack_daniels wrote:This show is definitely on the FCC hitlist. They probably wait for the littlest srew-up the producers can make doing it, so they can shut down its evil, liberal, same-sex accepting messages. Just what I think. Other shows on their hitlist includes(my judgment):

The L Word

etc., etc.

The L Word is off the list because it's on pay cable and (at least for now) is exempt from the FCC's decency standards. As Mister Bacon noted in a different thread, a junior senator is trying to change that.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Frank the Tank » 16 Mar 2005, 17:02

Did anyone else see last night's Amazing Race 7 episode? Love him or hate him Rob Mariano is a reality-show strategy genius. The way he manipulated the other teams to guarantee he wouldn't be eliminated while not having to complete a difficult challenge was brilliant. I'm not sure I'm rooting for them to win, but I sure hope they last a long time because they're entertaining.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JohnnyDamon » 16 Mar 2005, 17:13

that was ingenious, and Boston Rob has sorta grown on me in the "cool heel" sort of way, like the Rock in 1998, Hulk Hogan in the mid-90s, and Apollo Creed.
I've grown so used to you somehow, Lord I'm nobody's sugar daddy now, and I'm lo-oo-onesome, I've got the lovesick blues.
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 18 Mar 2005, 16:13

If Rob & Amber win are they oficially the king/queen of reality tv?
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby Frank the Tank » 18 Mar 2005, 16:16

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:If Rob & Amber win are they oficially the king/queen of reality tv?

I would argue they're the king and queen already. They've apparently sold the TV rights to their wedding preparations, and even if they're eliminated soon they won't be off TV any time in the near future.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby fatty » 20 Mar 2005, 00:24

Sorry to be late, but I just got around to watching this week's episode. First off, let me say, that even for a fat-ass like myself, 4 pounds is a SHITLOAD OF MEAT. I once ate a 2lb steak and thought I might pass out. Granted, I did it in alot less than 4 hrs, but still. Full is full. Also, I agree with everyone here about Rob - while I really don't care for him, you have to admit he knows how to play. While not everything he's done has been ethical, it is certainly not outside the rules (not that I know of anyway) and I LOVE the way he brings the anger out in the other players. He's sort of like Colin was 2 season ago - you'd really like to punch him in the face, but at the same time, he brings you back every week.

And now with the other barbies gone, I guess I want the brothers to win. Why couldn't the rednecks have lasted longer :(
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Frank the Tank » 20 Mar 2005, 13:33

Driving across Texas on Interstate 40 (through the panhandle) there's a large steakhouse that starts advertising a free steak special on billboards about 100 miles away. It says "free 72-oz. steak if eaten in one hour". I once got a 28-oz. prime rib at the steakhouse in Foxwoods and couldn't finish it. It's been over a decade since anyone called me "svelte", and let's just say I'm not running any 4.4-40's any time soon. I still couldn't polish that off. I fear for humanity if there's anyone who's successfully finished off that 72-ouncer.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Frank the Tank » 23 Mar 2005, 08:04

Was anyone else as surprised as I was that Rob was so good at horse riding? He's probably dumb as a post in "normal" life, but put a camera on the guy in the right situation and I bet he could cure cancer.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby firstborn » 23 Mar 2005, 12:06

Well since they put a camera on Boston Rob:

- he got engaged to a girl who was in Maxim
- he won $100,000
- his fiancee won $1 million
- his favorite team won the World Series for the first time in > 80 years

So yeah, the camera seems to agree with him.
firstborn
Site Admin

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 23 Mar 2005, 16:51

you forgot the pats & 3 superbowls. He was on survivor before they one the first I believe.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby Frank the Tank » 23 Mar 2005, 16:53

Actually they won their first SB against the Rams just before Survivor: Marquesas aired in early 2002.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 23 Mar 2005, 20:23

My mistake. Although is it a bad omen that he gave away his Sox hat last night?
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby Frank the Tank » 23 Mar 2005, 20:28

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:My mistake. Although is it a bad omen that he gave away his Sox hat last night?

I thought that same thing. I can see giving that away to a taxi driver on the home stretch when you land in America and are trying to get that edge to the last pit stop. I'm not sure I'd have given it to someone in Argentina.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby fatty » 26 Mar 2005, 23:18

I'll admit it, I'm really liking having Rob on the show. He makes things interesting, and like you've all pointed out, he can work the camera.

BTW, has anyone seen the previews for next week? I'm sure it's edited to look worse than it was, but the brothers roll the range rover cruising at what looks like a pretty good clip accross the savannah. Should be interesting to see if they get really fucked up.
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

PreviousNext

Return to Reality TV