Wipeout

Cause it has to have its own section....

Wipeout

Postby Frank the Tank » 25 Jun 2008, 11:01

After watching the premiere I'm convinced this deserves its own thread. I was laughing my ass off the whole episode. It's kind of like Ninja Warrior but less physically challenging and with far less athletic contestants. Well, maybe Ninja Warrior isn't the best comparison since they don't have any events where they spin the contestants in circles dozens of times and make them race to a finish line while dizzy.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Re: Wipeout

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 25 Jun 2008, 11:38

Decent.

Reminded me more of MXC than Ninja Warrior. One thing I didn't like was how none of the announcing seemed spontaneous; it seemed like it was all written out.

I think I preferred I Survived A Japanese Gameshow that aired after Wipeout.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Briandong79 » 25 Jun 2008, 12:20

I fucking loved this show. It is great for precisely the reason that American Gladiators is kinda sucky now. They don't even bother with the peoples names, Henson and Anderson pretty much just rip on them left and right, and the people take some pretty big punishment. The sucker punch wall and the huge bouncing balls are genius. Just great mindless television.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby CT4SOX » 25 Jun 2008, 13:20

Agreed. I was laughing my ass off last night. I've always had a soft spot for watching people get pummeled. That older woman taking a sucker punch to the face in slo-mo was priceless. I thought John Henson was dead, good to have him back, had some pretty funny lines last night. It's DVR'd at the CT household.
2007 SOTSG March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
CT4SOX
Hope College Alum

Postby Frank the Tank » 26 Jun 2008, 08:41

One of the important keys will be coming up with new challenges fairly regularly. While I was laughing my ass off the other night, I can't imagine enjoying the same challenges over and over for an entire season.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Dick Hertz » 02 Jul 2008, 16:42

Not bad - they need to make it so that at least one person can get through the course without falling off.

The big red balls, the wall punch and I think there was another one last night... they're all too hard to get through, but at least one person should be able to get around the course without going in the water.
Dick Hertz
Gray

Postby SouthernYokel » 03 Jul 2008, 10:05

Dick Hertz wrote:Not bad - they need to make it so that at least one person can get through the course without falling off.

The big red balls, the wall punch and I think there was another one last night... they're all too hard to get through, but at least one person should be able to get around the course without going in the water.

I dunno, i think that's the point. The red balls are my favorite. The black lady with the leopard pantsuit...man that was a wicked fall.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Briandong79 » 08 Jul 2008, 22:01

I never realized until tonight that the cohost girl is the girl from the Mercury ads. Now they just need to incorporate Cadillac girl and Verizon girl.

ETA: holy crap, that girl made it across the red balls!
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby DirtDawg » 08 Jul 2008, 22:12

SouthernYokel wrote:
Dick Hertz wrote:Not bad - they need to make it so that at least one person can get through the course without falling off.

I dunno, i think that's the point. The red balls are my favorite. The black lady with the leopard pantsuit...man that was a wicked fall.

More like wicked retahded!
Bricks - given the opportunity I would rape your dead grandmother's corpse and burn down your house. No offense.
MTM - A saint that rapes is still saint.
DirtDawg
Never Forgotten

Postby SouthernYokel » 09 Jul 2008, 08:06

Briandean79 wrote:I never realized until tonight that the cohost girl is the girl from the Mercury ads. Now they just need to incorporate Cadillac girl and Verizon girl.

ETA: holy crap, that girl made it across the red balls!

huh...i didn't notice that either. i'll have to pay more attention. i always thought they did a really good job in those mercury ads of showing how big her knockers were without her wearing a low cut shirt. the ford company makes a good decision once every 50 years.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Bricks » 10 Jul 2008, 22:17

It's just not the same without Kenny Blankenship and Vic Romano :sniff:
nova wrote:With all of that said, fuck VCU. Fuck that shiny midget Shaka Smart. Fuck the city of Richmond.
Bricks
Basketball Jesus

Postby bosux » 11 Jul 2008, 11:19

Bricks wrote:It's just not the same without Kenny Blankenship and Vic Romano :sniff:

lest we forget captain tenille and len babaganoush

LET'S GO!
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 11 Jul 2008, 17:09

bosux191820042090 wrote:
Bricks wrote:It's just not the same without Kenny Blankenship and Vic Romano :sniff:

lest we forget captain tenille and len babaganoush

LET'S GO!

Guy LeDouche!
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Bricks » 11 Jul 2008, 17:57

nova wrote:With all of that said, fuck VCU. Fuck that shiny midget Shaka Smart. Fuck the city of Richmond.
Bricks
Basketball Jesus

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 29 May 2009, 13:09

I watched the first episode of season two the other night. Holy shit, I wouldn't be surprised if someone dies or gets Mike Utley'ed this season.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Next

Return to Reality TV