The Apprentice

Cause it has to have its own section....

Re: The Apprentice

Postby Magnum » 10 Apr 2012, 20:34

If I had a dollar for every time Lou said "I gave it 110%"...

Good riddance. Now they need to get rid of Dayanna or whatever he name is.
Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:49 pm MisterTambourineMan you're salt of the earth, jike. like, a lot of salt.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 10 Apr 2012, 22:08

Magnum wrote:If I had a dollar for every time Lou said "I gave it 110%"...

The fact that Lou made it this far was unbelievable. Not just because he added nothing to the projects (other than to say he wanted to be the star at all times), but because he constantly threw people under the bus in the boardroom (yet got REALLY offended whenever someone said he was weak).

I'm also surprised Theresa is still around. Of the people left, there's a pretty clear have / have not distinction between one group (Arsenio, Clay, Aubrey, Lisa, Penn) and the other (Theresa, Dayana, Paul).

Paul is doing a great job of laying low and making one contribution every other task or so, however. He may sneak into the final four just by not pissing people off.

Lisa's confrontational style is starting to catch up to her. As great as she is at writing, she is too insulting to stick around at this rate. Aubrey almost eliminated herself by being that way as well.

Clay and Penn seem like the best bets for the final two. Arsenio is the wild card. Although I think he's not quite as strong as the top four, Trump loves him.
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby babylurch » 11 Apr 2012, 05:44

Montecore's Revenge wrote:
Magnum wrote:If I had a dollar for every time Lou said "I gave it 110%"...

The fact that Lou made it this far was unbelievable. Not just because he added nothing to the projects (other than to say he wanted to be the star at all times), but because he constantly threw people under the bus in the boardroom (yet got REALLY offended whenever someone said he was weak).

I'm also surprised Theresa is still around. Of the people left, there's a pretty clear have / have not distinction between one group (Arsenio, Clay, Aubrey, Lisa, Penn) and the other (Theresa, Dayana, Paul).

Paul is doing a great job of laying low and making one contribution every other task or so, however. He may sneak into the final four just by not pissing people off.

Lisa's confrontational style is starting to catch up to her. As great as she is at writing, she is too insulting to stick around at this rate. Aubrey almost eliminated herself by being that way as well.

Clay and Penn seem like the best bets for the final two. Arsenio is the wild card. Although I think he's not quite as strong as the top four, Trump loves him.

I hate Trump, and find the premise of this show (that these folks are working for Trump, or that Trump has anything to teach) stupid. But I am finding this season fascinating. Lou's spasms and tics will be sorely missed. Trump's investment in Miss Universe has probably protected Dayanna as much as it can. I think that she is gone the next time that her team loses. They need Lisa until close to the end, since she is the only one left who makes for dramatic TV.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby BFP » 11 Apr 2012, 20:33

This show has actually found a way to make me hate Lisa Lampinelli even more. Is Lou useless? Sure. But she's also the "brains" behind the tasks that have lost all but, what, once so far? Her stuff sucks.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 07 May 2012, 00:39

The promo for next week showed a clip of Trump firing someone that made it look like Clay gets fired. However, I think that's a red herring. The actual footage from next week's episode suggests that the final will be Aubrey vs. Clay. I don't think Arsenio appeared at all in the task footage.

I've never seen the Celebrity Apprentice before, so I don't know if bringing people back is normal for the last task. Either way, I hope they let them choose teams like pick-up basketball. That would be interesting - especially if they had to choose teams before Trump revealed the nature of the task.

If everyone came back, and the finals were Clay vs. Aubrey (meaning they're not in play), I would pick Carolla, Penn, Lampanelli, Arsenio, Dee Snyder, and Dayana Mendoza (but not if I also had Lisa), in that order.
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 21 May 2012, 00:39

Although I was rooting for him because Carolla was on his team, I thought Arsenio winning probably wasn't the right call, based on what they showed in the (admittedly heavily-edited) episode. Clay's event seemed objectively better in nearly every respect, and he also raised nearly twice as much money as Arsenio did. They were both good guys, though, so I was still happy Arsenio won. Aubrey didn't clap when Arsenio was announced as the winner. Classy to the last!
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 21 May 2012, 07:02

Even though I do like Debbie Gibson's music, her shoehorning her "shake your love" into everything was enough to make me root against Clay's team. Maybe if she changed it up with "only in my dreams" or "electric youth" I'd feel differently. Either way I bet the comedy show Arsenio did was more original than Clay's variety show. Good win.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby Briandong79 » 05 Jan 2015, 14:31

Interesting aspect in all the Celebrity Apprentice coverage from last night, Rudy Huxtable is pretty hot:
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby mj3528 » 05 Jan 2015, 14:33

Briandong79 wrote:Interesting aspect in all the Celebrity Apprentice coverage from last night, Rudy Huxtable is pretty hot:

wonder if Bill Cosby ever raped her.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 05 Jan 2015, 22:55

Where'd her mustache go? /Simmons
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby SouthernYokel » 06 Jan 2015, 08:43

i love how on this show the women immediately get to fighting in the very first episode. there aren't even like 5 minutes where they're cordial to each other. and meanwhile the men just go about their business (except Geraldo because Geraldo). and somehow the women are winning. Vivica Fox blamed her team's performance on Shaun Johnson having her period. That was pretty hilarious.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Briandong79 » 06 Jan 2015, 09:48

SouthernYokel wrote:i love how on this show the women immediately get to fighting in the very first episode. there aren't even like 5 minutes where they're cordial to each other. and meanwhile the men just go about their business (except Geraldo because Geraldo). and somehow the women are winning. Vivica Fox blamed her team's performance on Shaun Johnson having her period. That was pretty hilarious.

Haha I happened to see that exact part. I have no idea how they said that the men lost that. The women were awful. And you don't disparage my girl Shawn like that.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby SouthernYokel » 06 Jan 2015, 09:50

Briandong79 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:i love how on this show the women immediately get to fighting in the very first episode. there aren't even like 5 minutes where they're cordial to each other. and meanwhile the men just go about their business (except Geraldo because Geraldo). and somehow the women are winning. Vivica Fox blamed her team's performance on Shaun Johnson having her period. That was pretty hilarious.

Haha I happened to see that exact part. I have no idea how they said that the men lost that. The women were awful. And you don't disparage my girl Shawn like that.

Gilbert Gottfried (who was the fired celebrity this week) made an off color joke during their product pitch. otherwise they were much better.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Briandong79 » 06 Jan 2015, 09:52

SouthernYokel wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:

Gilbert Gottfried (who was the fired celebrity this week) made an off color joke during their product pitch. otherwise they were much better.

Yeah I saw that. And the off color joke was purely factual. It is shocking that a woman would have sex with him twice.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Magnum » 07 Jan 2015, 12:33

Yeah, I was surprised the women won as well. They seemed totally unorganized. And seriously Shawn, pop a midol and get on with it. The men (other than Gilbert) did a great job.

If I was on a team with Geraldo, I would have punched him in the face by now. What an annoying egomaniac.

The women over 40 look like plastic surgery vomited all over their faces.
Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:49 pm MisterTambourineMan you're salt of the earth, jike. like, a lot of salt.
Magnum
Better Than You

PreviousNext

Return to Reality TV