The Apprentice

Cause it has to have its own section....

Re: The Apprentice

Postby theken » 12 Apr 2009, 21:42

I'm watching Celebrity Apprentice right now (maybe this belongs in the confessional.)

Natalie Gulbis is one of the competitors on the show, and although from what LPGA I've seen (also should be in the Confessional) she is smoking.
However, seeing her more and more because of this show, with lots of interviews and in-close shots, she really doesn't look good at all.
Her face is kind of pudgy, her eyebrows are really ugly and she wears far too much make-up.

Anyone else been watching? No? Me neither.
http://www.undrafted.ca
jack_daniels wrote:
NBA Die-Hard #11/19 wrote:Uh oh JD looks like _ has gone Thomas Jones on us and "tweaked" a hammy... better bring no touchy back from AAA...

I didn't tweah shit faggot. Shut up.
theken
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Prez » 12 Apr 2009, 21:56

theken wrote:I'm watching Celebrity Apprentice right now (maybe this belongs in the confessional.)

Natalie Gulbis is one of the competitors on the show, and although from what LPGA I've seen (also should be in the Confessional) she is smoking.
However, seeing her more and more because of this show, with lots of interviews and in-close shots, she really doesn't look good at all.
Her face is kind of pudgy, her eyebrows are really ugly and she wears far too much make-up.

Anyone else been watching? No? Me neither.

I haven't watched the season but I have watched tonight.

I agree a little bit regarding Natalie...she doesn't look as good close up as she does froma distance. That being said, I would every day and twice on Sunday.

I also would both Joan and Melissa Rivers, but in their case "would" means I would kill them to shut them the fuck up. I didn't think I could hate anyone so much from a TV show but yes I can.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby theken » 13 Apr 2009, 08:02

Prez wrote:I also would both Joan and Melissa Rivers, but in their case "would" means I would kill them to shut them the fuck up. I didn't think I could hate anyone so much from a TV show but yes I can.

I find Annie Duke to be more annoying than either of the Rivers'.
I've never been an Annie Duke fan, and watching her on Apprentice is really annoying.
http://www.undrafted.ca
jack_daniels wrote:
NBA Die-Hard #11/19 wrote:Uh oh JD looks like _ has gone Thomas Jones on us and "tweaked" a hammy... better bring no touchy back from AAA...

I didn't tweah shit faggot. Shut up.
theken
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Frank the Tank » 14 Jul 2009, 11:27

Apparently winning The Apprentice can lead to becoming lieutenant governor of New Jersey. I always knew Corzine was a tool but tabbing a reality TV winner for LtGov? Really???
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 11 Feb 2011, 19:12

I might have to watch this for Gary Busey.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 22 Mar 2011, 08:30

This year is great. The womens team is a train wreck. I can't wait until they vote off the rest of the white broads so there will be nobody doing any work on that team.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 22 Mar 2011, 08:48

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:This year is great. The womens team is a train wreck. I can't wait until they vote off the rest of the white broads so there will be nobody doing any work on that team.

I don't like the Apprentice, but I really enjoy Celebrity Apprentice. It's amusing the clear contempt that the black women on the team have for the pretty white women they deal with. That real housewife chick isn't as bad as Star Jones and Dionne Warwick, but its still there. Busey and Canseco are hilarious as well. What a couple of tards.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 22 Mar 2011, 09:05

Canseco defending himself by saying he wrote a best seller had me LOLing.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby BFP » 23 Mar 2011, 08:42

Canseco's eyes and facial tics make me think he's some kind of lizard.

Dionne Warwick and Star Jones are high entertainment, if only because their arrogances shows that they think they are relevant. Yet here they are on Celebrity Apprentice. Also, Star Jones looks like a monster.

Latoya Jackson looks a LOT like ET, with big fake boobs.

I see it coming down to the cowboy vs. Star Jones, but I also see myself not watching the show way before then.
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 02 May 2011, 13:21

So who got booted? Stupidsexybinladen
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 19 Feb 2012, 18:34

I've never watched Celebrity Apprentice before, but Adam Carolla's involvement is enough for me to give it a look this season.
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 11 Mar 2012, 22:25

Well, the Aceman bit the dust tonight. I'm not sure how his team lost, other than the fact that the entire challenge was really just about the Buick guys wanting to buy a Michael Andretti endorsement for 50 grand. Thus ends my foray into reality television, which turned out to be surprisingly brief. The two strongest players in the game were Penn and Carolla (with the difference being that Adam is as talented as Penn but basically refused to play the game, whereas Penn will respect the game and probably win).

I don't think any of the women besides Aubrey (because she understands contest TV shows) has much of a shot. Penn is the favorite (smartest, understands how to play the game), but Clay Aiken is also strong and Trump likes Arsenio a lot.
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 12 Mar 2012, 07:12

Carolla should have brought lou and andretti back in but he didn't want them play it right like you said. Like most reality shows there is some sort of rigging and with the guys having the much better team I think trump wanted to even it up. Fwiw the paul sr. Part yelling you suck 3 times had the Buick guys cringing and probably turned them off.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

The Apprentice

Postby Magnum » 13 Mar 2012, 11:59

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:Carolla should have brought lou and andretti back in but he didn't want them play it right like you said. Like most reality shows there is some sort of rigging and with the guys having the much better team I think trump wanted to even it up. Fwiw the paul sr. Part yelling you suck 3 times had the Buick guys cringing and probably turned them off.

I'm gonna miss Adam. He cracked me up. I like how at the beginning of the season he said his charity was white kids without iPads, or something like that. But yeah, don't know how the guys lost. Andretti should have stepped up, but that would have been a guaranteed loss for the men, since he seems like a very meek person.

Lou is gone the next time the men lose.

Debbie Gibson is extremely annoying. I hope she gets kicked off soon.
Gregs Kite - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Why am I making a Bitches post again?
BigJohnStudd - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Because you're a bitch.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 13 Mar 2012, 14:13

Magnum wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:Carolla should have brought lou and andretti back in but he didn't want them play it right like you said. Like most reality shows there is some sort of rigging and with the guys having the much better team I think trump wanted to even it up. Fwiw the paul sr. Part yelling you suck 3 times had the Buick guys cringing and probably turned them off.

I'm gonna miss Adam. He cracked me up. I like how at the beginning of the season he said his charity was white kids without iPads, or something like that. But yeah, don't know how the guys lost. Andretti should have stepped up, but that would have been a guaranteed loss for the men, since he seems like a very meek person.

Lou is gone the next time the men lose.

Debbie Gibson is extremely annoying. I hope she gets kicked off soon.

Carolla's podcast today explained how things really went down (and Penn called in to corroborate what Adam was saying). One point Adam made was that the "potty humor" narrative was entirely made up, and, for example, the Paul Sr. "YOU SUCK" lines actually got a big laugh live. The reason they played up that angle is that one of the producers on the show recommended doing a "Steve Jobs-style" presentation after Carolla's original idea was to do a skit involving the entire team. The premise of the skit was that they were all disgruntled Audi / Volvo / etc drivers. This was the original concept they were working on before Penn told Adam about the producer recommending a Steve Jobs-style presentation. Adam then questioned the producer about it, and he said, yes, that's what you guys should be doing.

However, no mention of the skit idea ever made air. They couldn't bring that up because it made the show itself look like they screwed the men's team. So, they changed the narrative to "Buick doesn't like potty humor." Adam also absolutely crushed the Q&A (a point that Penn reiterated repeatedly), and the only Q&A moment they used on the show was the one when Adam used the word "fart."

Most interestingly, what you didn't see in the board room segment was, when Trump first asked Adam who should be fired (after the men had lost), Adam's response was, "Fire the producer who told us to do a Steve Jobs presentation." Adam makes it pretty clear he basically just said, "Fuck this" at that point, and said he wasn't going to bring other people back, and that he was ready to leave after they kind of got screwed over.

It's a really fascinating listen. Go to Adamcarolla.com if you want to hear it. The podcast is almost two hours long, but the Apprentice stuff is just the first half-hour or so.
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

PreviousNext

Return to Reality TV