Wrestling

Cause it has to have its own section....

Re: Wrestling

Postby JT99 » 03 Apr 2017, 09:59

Shane hit his usual spot or two, but Styles carried that match. Was pretty surprised at how hard of a bump Mike Chioda took on that head kick.

KO and Y2J EXACTLY as predicted....would have liked to seen something a bit more surprising

Congrats to the women on having matches. The Nia Jax spots were awesome, doe.

I marked for the Hardys even though I never really like them that much. PERFECT sell job by The New Day. The match of the night, imo.

Miz needs so much more time at/near the top.

Seth Rollins really does have it all. Would still like to see him be a part of a Super Group like Horseman or Evolution.

ooooofffff, was I way off on what Orton and Wyatt could be. That was listless. I like how the announcers were selling that Orton was weirded out by the grubs thing, meanwhile Orton showed no reaction.

Bork and Goldie was fine, better than expected. TBH, could have used about 4-5 more minutes of beatings.

Nice send off for Taker. He moved around much better than I thought and took some solid bumps. Reigns is just never going to be over, at this point.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 03 Apr 2017, 15:12

MisterTambourineMan wrote:KO/Y2J was fantastic, not sure what you watched Ball.

Since we are in a lull, I will address this. I mentioned this to PJ over the weekend, but there are certain sports entertainers that are legendary performers that i just dont get. They are the mid-sized ring tacticians. Like Bret Hart, Jericho, Malenko, Eddie, DANIEL BRYAN. Yeah, Jericho is a top 7 (TM Simmons) guy on the mic, but I find him to be boring in the ring. These guys are all too weak to be powerhouses, and too big to be high-flyers. Theyre just kinda there, imo. I said to PJ that I almost lumped in HBK to this group. I never "got" him. But i did watch a match of his yesterday vs Angle, and it wasnt just Angle carrying him. HBK actually was responsible for at least 20% of the success of that match, and that was better than I had expected.

FTR I do not lump CM Punk in this category. He actually struck with power. and his dive out of the ring thru the ropes was actually a strong move, not the Daniel Bryan bullshit where the opponent had to fake being knocked down.

Anyway, I admit I half-watched Y2J's match with KO. I dont know, maybe it was because I knew it wouldnt compare to Shane/AJ. I liked the powerbomb off the apron, but other than that, i dont recall much from that contest. I wasnt even sure who won until today.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby PhillyJim76 » 03 Apr 2017, 15:16

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:

Since we are in a lull, I will address this. I mentioned this to PJ over the weekend, but there are certain sports entertainers that are legendary performers that i just dont get. They are the mid-sized ring tacticians. Like Bret Hart, Jericho, Malenko, Eddie, DANIEL BRYAN. Yeah, Jericho is a top 7 (TM Simmons) guy on the mic, but I find him to be boring in the ring. These guys are all too weak to be powerhouses, and too big to be high-flyers. Theyre just kinda there, imo. I said to PJ that I almost lumped in HBK to this group. I never "got" him. But i did watch a match of his yesterday vs Angle, and it wasnt just Angle carrying him. HBK actually was responsible for at least 20% of the success of that match, and that was better than I had expected.

FTR I do not lump CM Punk in this category. He actually struck with power. and his dive out of the ring thru the ropes was actually a strong move, not the Daniel Bryan bullshit where the opponent had to fake being knocked down.

Anyway, I admit I half-watched Y2J's match with KO. I dont know, maybe it was because I knew it wouldnt compare to Shane/AJ. I liked the powerbomb off the apron, but other than that, i dont recall much from that contest. I wasnt even sure who won until today.

Lot of words criticizing great wrestlers yet mentions CM Punk struck with power. I can't even.
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 03 Apr 2017, 15:29

PhillyJim76 wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:

Lot of words criticizing great wrestlers yet mentions CM Punk struck with power. I can't even.

I know. But watch some of his matches. He worked stiff. Watch his match with Cena in Chicago when his contract was going to expire. Or his match vs Lesnar (maybe a WM). Great, great matches that he carried. DB could never have done that. EVER!!!
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby PhillyJim76 » 03 Apr 2017, 15:39

Did Daniel Bryan fuck your wife? Jesus.
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby mj3528 » 03 Apr 2017, 15:52

PhillyJim76 wrote:Did Daniel Bryan fuck your wife? Jesus.

No, because he would like him if that was the case
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 05 Apr 2017, 12:41

My bad! /teamdime
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 05 Apr 2017, 13:23

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:

My bad! /teamdime

Like they say on the streets, 'my bad'.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Briandong79 » 10 Apr 2017, 17:18

I'm seeing a lot online about JBL being a big bully meaniehead, what's going on in WWE???
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby JichaelDick » 10 Apr 2017, 17:38

Briandong79 wrote:I'm seeing a lot online about JBL being a big bully meaniehead, what's going on in WWE???

Basically, Smackdown announcer Mauro Ranallo left about 3 weeks ago. He has a history of depression, and supposedly JBL had been mean to him (and some of it was probably in character, tbf) and triggered another episode. Dave Meltzer has been all over that.

Meanwhile, last week, former Raw ring announcer Justin Roberts wrote a book and told of some of JBL's assholery, and in the same book talked about someone stealing his passport while they were on a European tour. JBL denied that he had anything to do with the passport theft, then John Morrison came out and said JBL tried to get him to steal Roberts' passport, even with the threat of force.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby TheWolf » 10 Apr 2017, 18:25

Thank you for that thorough brrakdown, Jike. Follow up: Who is JBL?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby God Shamgod » 10 Apr 2017, 18:53

Mauro seems like kind of P. Sorry to stigmatize your mental illness. JBL is a heel brotha. Remember when he fucked up the Blue Meanie?
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby JichaelDick » 10 Apr 2017, 19:26

TheWolf wrote:Thank you for that thorough brrakdown, Jike. Follow up: Who is JBL?

John Bradshaw Layfield, Bradshaw of the APA.

Ranallo hasn't actually confirmed anything about JBL, tbf. It's mostly speculation, based on some stuff that theoretically could have been in character.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 10 Apr 2017, 20:01

I read that non-sensical piece in Deadspin the other day about Jbl and Justin Roberts. That was the worst written thing I've ever seen. I'm sure JBL is a douche. Stealing a passport was all they had on him. Sounded funny to me. :beatsme:

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby JichaelDick » 10 Apr 2017, 20:14

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I read that non-sensical piece in Deadspin the other day about Jbl and Justin Roberts. That was the worst written thing I've ever seen. I'm sure JBL is a douche. Stealing a passport was all they had on him. Sounded funny to me. :beatsme:

It's a felony. Edge has mentioned JBL soaping is butt in the showers, and he supposedly stripped Billy Silverman and paraded him around the arena naked.

It's also possible he started the Hardy Boyz drinking.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

PreviousNext

Return to Reality TV