Wrestling

Cause it has to have its own section....

Wrestling

Postby Rodney Farva » 20 Jun 2005, 22:17

For the love of all that is holy, please stop polluting all the other threads with the wrestling talk. Here's a little corner of the universe for you all to sniff triple H's jock or whatever the hell you want to do.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Tecmo Bo » 20 Jun 2005, 22:20

Wrestling sucks (worse than Curling, Yankees, or Peyton manning) and so do wrestling fans.
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby TheWolf » 20 Jun 2005, 22:22

I'm not a wrestling fan at all anymore, but Bo, you just crossed the line. Wrestling does not suck anywhere near as much as the yankees, or even as much as manning. You take that back goddamnit!
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Magnum » 20 Jun 2005, 22:26

my brother wrestled in high school (the AC Slater kind, not the fake kind on tv), and every chance i get, i bring up that all wrestling is is rolling around on mats wearing tights with other guys, probably getting ringworm while doing it. he doesn't like that much, and i am surprised he hasn't kicked my ass yet.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby TheWolf » 20 Jun 2005, 22:32

I love that you refer to it as "the AC Slater kind" rather than something like "the Olympic kind" like most people would have said. That really made me laugh, nice work Mags. But you're right about wrestling though. I want nothing to do with a sport that requires wearing tights and hugging other guys.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Rickey Sez » 20 Jun 2005, 23:27

Grab them cakes. Awwww I don't care what it takes. Grab them cakes.
I'd like to see a pair of boobs that would prompt me to write home. Maybe Scarlett Johannson level quality? "Dear Mom and Dad, I saw an awesome rack today. They were perfect. Everything else is fine. Love, BD79."
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Re: Wrestling

Postby mister bacon » 20 Jun 2005, 23:38

Rodney Farva wrote:For the love of all that is holy, please stop polluting all the other threads with the wrestling talk. Here's a little corner of the universe for you all to sniff triple H's jock or whatever the hell you want to do.

You do gods work Farva.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby jack_daniels » 21 Jun 2005, 00:54

Wow a new forum.

Man wrestling is not what it used to be. Back during its heyday, IMO, which was during Bret Hart's title reign to Stone Cold's whole "what" saga, I always made time for wrestling. Now there are too many gimmicks and wrestlers disguised as terrible actors who dilute the talent and quality of the WWF(no I don't believe for one second WWE could be its new name), if there is anything considered as quality in choreographed wrestling. Nevertheless, I still miss wrestling when it was humbler, simpler, and you had bad ass characters like The Rock, Stone Cold, Bret Hart, Ric Flair, DeGeneration X to follow. They made it too complicated which was a bad move. Wrestling shouldn't be complicated. Their formula they set up during the 80's and perfected in the 90's was perfect. No need to change it.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Snake » 21 Jun 2005, 02:42

From now on I will refer to amateur wrestling as the AC Slater kind. That really made my day. Bo is the kind of pompous asshole who would take the time to run down wrestling like that, but that's just background noise. As far as pro wrestling goes, if there's someone fun like the Rock or Hogan back in the day it can be enjoyable, just like any other TV show. However, that PAX show Real Pro Wrestling was an embarrassment.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Nelson Muntz » 21 Jun 2005, 09:48

I know a guy that was on "Real Pro Wrestling"; got knocked out in the second round. I can understand the thought process behind trying to get amateur -- oops, AC Slater -- wrestling in the mainstream, but this was a little forced. To use the cliche --> Good idea, poor execution. The concept centered around Rulon Gardner, and he was a stiff. Maybe it should just remain one of those "niche" sports that remains under the radar. At least it's a legit sport, compared to all this extreme shit that ESPN is polluting us with.
Nelson Muntz
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Big Scary Monster » 21 Jun 2005, 12:07

I love the "AC Slater" kind. Thats damn funny.

As for all you haters out there, step off. Back in the day, wrestling was cool. When WWF had the metallic looking logo and you had people like Hulk Hogan, the Iron Sheik, Superfly Jimmy Snuka, the British Bulldogs, the Killer Bees, the Rockers, Nickolai Volkoff, etc etc, running the show and matches were actually determined in the ring instead of there always being outside interference (which by the way is the lamest gimmick to help save the "egos" of the wrestlers).

So, if you don't want to talk about wrestling, fine. But it is clearly not even close to as bad as Manning or the Yankees.
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Snake » 22 Jun 2005, 13:40

Nelson Muntz wrote:I know a guy that was on "Real Pro Wrestling"; got knocked out in the second round. I can understand the thought process behind trying to get amateur -- oops, AC Slater -- wrestling in the mainstream, but this was a little forced. To use the cliche --> Good idea, poor execution. The concept centered around Rulon Gardner, and he was a stiff. Maybe it should just remain one of those "niche" sports that remains under the radar. At least it's a legit sport, compared to all this extreme shit that ESPN is polluting us with.

Plus with the way they changed the rules all of the AC Slater wrestling people I know were disgusted by the show.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby TheWolf » 22 Jun 2005, 13:44

What if AC Slater joined the WWF?
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Nelson Muntz » 22 Jun 2005, 13:52

Snake wrote:Plus with the way they changed the rules all of the AC Slater wrestling people I know were disgusted by the show.

I know they fiddled with the point system and everything, but I'm not versed enough in that to know how drastic and/or worthwhile the changes were.

Someone made the comment in another thread that Arena Football franchise names were bad, but they're gems compared to some of the RPW names --> Pennsylvania Hammer, Iowa Stalkers, Oklahoma Slam. These border on WNBA terrible.
Nelson Muntz
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Big Scary Monster » 22 Jun 2005, 13:58

Nelson Muntz wrote:Pennsylvania Hammer, Iowa Stalkers, Oklahoma Slam. These border on WNBA terrible.

Aren't those all names of shots?
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Next

Return to Reality TV