2016 Fantasy Baseball

Fantasy Sports

Re: 2016 Fantasy Baseball

Postby Rickey Sez » 21 Apr 2016, 23:38

TheWolf wrote:Text from Jared this morning: "If you're going to reverse the trades, can you do it before Price pitches today so I don't get screwed?"

I was actually planning to do that, but then I realized some of the players involved in the trades have since been dropped and picked up by other teams, so I really just didn't want to deal with figuring that shit out, and ignored it all day. Price got rocked today. Shockingly, I haven't heard a word from Jared about not getting him back on his team in time to make that start.

Goddamit. I hate-watched that game hoping Jared got stuck with that Price start.

But I'm fine with him getting stuck with Harvey. (Did he get stuck with Harvey? I don't even know anymore. I think Harvey's trash now so I don't care which crappy pitcher he gets stuck with.)

Whatevs. I stayed up late last night to watch my $1 Drew Pomeranz throw a gem and it was glorious.
I'd like to see a pair of boobs that would prompt me to write home. Maybe Scarlett Johannson level quality? "Dear Mom and Dad, I saw an awesome rack today. They were perfect. Everything else is fine. Love, BD79."
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby ctz31 » 22 Apr 2016, 10:47

We had some fantasy drama last night. One of the perennial contenders, won the last two chips, and a new guy that obv doesn't know what he's doing had a trade.

New guy gave up, Mccutcheon, Y. Ventura, Freddie Freeman for S. Piscotty, D. Storen (friggin set up guy) and some j. Eickoff who the other guy had just picked up earlier in the day. Caused quite the kerfuffle. I was in the middle of watching American Pie Beta House with lots of boobies, so i was annoyed to get drawn away from it. Probably 60 or 70 texts back and forth. The one guy tried to defend it by pointing out that the three scrubs had outscored the other three so far this year. Dumbass, I don't give a shit whose outscored who on April 21st. I don't know if this is getting backed out yet or what.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 23 Apr 2016, 22:09

Jared tried trading me George Springer and Trevor Story for Arrieta....at 2am after his no hitter. I said, "Dude." And he proceeded to send me a couple of unbelievably condescending messages about how I'm overrating Arrieta and - according to some statistical website that NOBODY KNOWS ABOUT - how much better Story and Springer are for my longterm. D'okkkkkkkkkkkay. Despite the fact I got Arrieta for like $6 and some motherfucker has Kershaw for $68. D'ok.

I'll give him a bit of credit though because he did then offer Kris Bryant, which gave me some pause to think about because he's Kris Bryant and is for peanuts, but then still included Story. Fuck Story. And Arrieta is either the second or best pitcher in the league right now.

Main point - I am not a fan of the godfather of Wolf pup #1. At all.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby TheWolf » 23 Apr 2016, 22:15

Dude. So many offers involving Story. And Verlander for some reason. GTFO.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 23 Apr 2016, 22:22

TheWolf wrote:Dude. So many offers involving Story. And Verlander for some reason. GTFO.

Every year all I want is for him to not win. I want that more than for me to win.

Though my team is in this weird mix right now of underperformance and overperformance and I'm in 2/3rd (haven't checked tonight) and not really sure where to go. But I know one of your friends needs to stop hitting me up for Manny cuz goddamned is he the shit. AND MAUER MIGHT BE BACK.

But yes, every trade he's sent so far has involved Story. Like a drunk me at the bar not mentioning my crippling self-destruction. It's obvious. Come on.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby ctz31 » 25 Apr 2016, 10:10

TheWolf wrote:Dude. So many offers involving Story. And Verlander for some reason. GTFO.

Because they both will end up being terrible relative to current value? The guy is a genius!
ctz31
#nnf

Postby JichaelDick » 28 Apr 2016, 02:59

ctz31 wrote:

Because they both will end up being terrible relative to current value? The guy is a genius!

Buy low, sell high.

Shoulda listened to this guy in 2008, economy wouldn't have collapsed.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby ctz31 » 06 May 2016, 08:48

We had our second kerfuffle of the season last night. Same team making the same bs trades with the same clown who doesn't know what he's doing. This one involved Harper. Harper, Hamels, Matz and Gennett for Price, Lackey, Lemahuie and some Mccann catcher. Led to 200 group texts, and like wolf and MTM's league, the clown threatening to leave the league. In the span of one month he has traded Harper, Cespedes, Mccutcheon, and Goldschmidt, all to the same two teams, and didn't get one superstar back in return. He actually had a good team! It ended with my making a bet w the guy that he traded with (and who of course was defending the trade) that is in first, that I would finish 250 points ahead of the clown, even though he is ahead of me by 100 points right now. May have not been smart. The bet is $20 and my 2nd round pick next year, if he wins, and 25% of any money he cashes this year if i win. Gonna miss that 2nd next year. :(
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Colonel Angus » 06 May 2016, 13:14

ctz31 wrote:We had our second kerfuffle of the season last night. Same team making the same bs trades with the same clown who doesn't know what he's doing. This one involved Harper. Harper, Hamels, Matz and Gennett for Price, Lackey, Lemahuie and some Mccann catcher. Led to 200 group texts, and like wolf and MTM's league, the clown threatening to leave the league. In the span of one month he has traded Harper, Cespedes, Mccutcheon, and Goldschmidt, all to the same two teams, and didn't get one superstar back in return. He actually had a good team! It ended with my making a bet w the guy that he traded with (and who of course was defending the trade) that is in first, that I would finish 250 points ahead of the clown, even though he is ahead of me by 100 points right now. May have not been smart. The bet is $20 and my 2nd round pick next year, if he wins, and 25% of any money he cashes this year if i win. Gonna miss that 2nd next year. :(

Can you trade your clown for Jared?
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Rodney Farva » 20 May 2016, 02:37

You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 25 Jul 2016, 12:56

Bwahahahaha 5 minutes ago I offered Jared:

Votto
Kipnis
Maybin
Tanaka
for Bryce

Not the best, I know, I'm aware. Thought it might be a kicking off point for the lunatic to discuss later. He's already declined it.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby TheWolf » 26 Jul 2016, 21:14

Looking forward to his counter of 5 random guys on the DL for Votto.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby ctz31 » 20 Aug 2016, 20:40

I have Zack Greinke, Chris Archer, Noah Syndergaard, Jake Degrom, Jose Fernandez, Marco Estrada and MTM's faggot butt bud berrios as my rotation. They ALL got shelled this week except for Archer. These are elite arms. All of them except the faggot from Minnesota that MTM's spooges over. Fuck this game.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 14 Sep 2016, 12:42

I own all the good Cubans in the Wolf league now.

I am irrationally giddy about this.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 14 Sep 2016, 14:34

MisterTambourineMan wrote:I own all the good Cubans in the Wolf league now.

I am irrationally giddy about this.

Worst team chemistry in the league huh?
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

PreviousNext

Return to Sue Clinton Portis