Random Thoughts - Fantasy Sports Edition

Fantasy Sports

Re: Random Thoughts - Fantasy Sports Edition

Postby Frank the Tank » 07 Dec 2015, 10:12

Colonel Angus wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:I think I would take the undrafted team. Who's going to take Deangelo Williams if they only expect to use him for two weeks? There are some very good options available. I think the lack of waiver options for the drafted teams plus injuries would make it the preferred option.

Yeah, the no waivers thing is the kicker. Deangelo was drafted in my league, but might not have been if that owner knew he would have to carry him all year. Still, I think I'd rather risk it with a team full of actually good players.

I think it depends on the size of the bench. Reduce bench size to five and I'm feeling great about the waiver team. Increase it to nine and now I'd rather draft. I think seven is a close call.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Colonel Angus » 07 Dec 2015, 10:13

Frank the Tank wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:I think I would take the undrafted team. Who's going to take Deangelo Williams if they only expect to use him for two weeks? There are some very good options available. I think the lack of waiver options for the drafted teams plus injuries would make it the preferred option.

Yeah, the no waivers thing is the kicker. Deangelo was drafted in my league, but might not have been if that owner knew he would have to carry him all year. Still, I think I'd rather risk it with a team full of actually good players.

I think it depends on the size of the bench. Reduce bench size to five and I'm feeling great about the waiver team. Increase it to nine and now I'd rather draft. I think seven is a close call.

GPIA.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Prez » 24 Dec 2015, 05:06

I continue to be amazed at how much people freak out about fantasy football and fantasy sports in general. I understand that often money is involved, but I still feel the need to say GET A LIFE.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 24 Dec 2015, 10:27

Two weeks left in the office Conifdence Picks Pool. I have a solid lead. Looking for the 3peat.

All I do is follow the Vegas moneylines. None of these jabronis have caught on yet!
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Frank the Tank » 24 Dec 2015, 10:56

Prez wrote:I continue to be amazed at how much people freak out about fantasy football and fantasy sports in general. I understand that often money is involved, but I still feel the need to say GET A LIFE.

Scott Van Pelt on Twitter wrote:So many bad beat stories from FF semis. I used to mock them all. Now, I'm on the other end & it's pitiful how mad I am. What happened to me?

Once you fall in it's tough to extricate yourself. After the whole Jaworski misreport about Odell Beckham playing tomorrow got me mad, I just read about Doug Baldwin showing up on the Seattle injury report. I yelled "fuck!". I regret nothing.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 24 Dec 2015, 14:11

Frank the Tank wrote:
Prez wrote:I continue to be amazed at how much people freak out about fantasy football and fantasy sports in general. I understand that often money is involved, but I still feel the need to say GET A LIFE.

Scott Van Pelt on Twitter wrote:So many bad beat stories from FF semis. I used to mock them all. Now, I'm on the other end & it's pitiful how mad I am. What happened to me?

Once you fall in it's tough to extricate yourself. After the whole Jaworski misreport about Odell Beckham playing tomorrow got me mad, I just read about Doug Baldwin showing up on the Seattle injury report. I yelled "fuck!". I regret nothing.

I regret everything with fantasy, fuck you fantasy! /signs up again like a moran
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby CourtesyFlush » 24 Dec 2015, 14:12

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

I regret everything with fantasy, fuck you fantasy! /signs up again like a moran

Who has two thumbs and does the same thing?? THIS guy.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 04 Oct 2016, 09:28

you know what really grinds my gears? there always has to be some clown in every fantasy football league complaining about how injuries decimate his team and he's lost all hope, even a few weeks into the season, smh. as if every team doesn't lose people along the way. the worst is if they give up on the season and stop trying, which makes the league less fun for everyone. thanks, jerks. noone likes a whiner, and yes i realize the :19: in saying that considering the tone of this post :D
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Postby chrisco » 04 Oct 2016, 22:06

Is this where I complain about Forsett being cut?
SY wrote:....but yeah if there's an awkward silence i am definitely filling it with nonsense.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Gregs Kite » 05 Oct 2016, 07:05

chrisco wrote:Is this where I complain about Forsett being cut?

Yes, and please let us know the appropriate amount of grinding done upon your gears due to this tragic loss on your fake football team.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BigJohnStudd » 26 Oct 2016, 02:11

BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby SouthernYokel » 17 Mar 2017, 09:39

All 46 brackets in my work pool are still alive after 1 day (even the last place team has 15/16 sweet 16 teams still alive). I don't think i've ever seen that before.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Previous

Return to Sue Clinton Portis