DraftStreet, Draft Day, DraftKings, etc.

Fantasy Sports

Re: DraftStreet, Draft Day, DraftKings, etc.

Postby Briandong79 » 16 Oct 2015, 09:44

Frank the Tank wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Daily fantasy halted in Nevada

I'd imagine the good citizens of Nevada are shouting to the heavens they won't have to endure thousands of ads a day.


Most of their ad buys are national not local. They won't escape.


Exactly. I still see them constantly here and it's never been legal here.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31133
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: DraftStreet, Draft Day, DraftKings, etc.

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 16 Oct 2015, 09:46

Briandong79 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Daily fantasy halted in Nevada

I'd imagine the good citizens of Nevada are shouting to the heavens they won't have to endure thousands of ads a day.


Most of their ad buys are national not local. They won't escape.


Exactly. I still see them constantly here and it's never been legal here.


According to Dooze, its cheaper to pay for National Ads over loads of local ones.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31049
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: DraftStreet, Draft Day, DraftKings, etc.

Postby mj3528 » 16 Oct 2015, 09:52

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Daily fantasy halted in Nevada

I'd imagine the good citizens of Nevada are shouting to the heavens they won't have to endure thousands of ads a day.


Most of their ad buys are national not local. They won't escape.


Exactly. I still see them constantly here and it's never been legal here.


According to Dooze, its cheaper to pay for National Ads over loads of local ones.


I read that somewhere as well. I saw Sonic ads for years with none in the area.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 9279
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: DraftStreet, Draft Day, DraftKings, etc.

Postby Colonel Angus » 16 Oct 2015, 09:55

mj3528 wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Daily fantasy halted in Nevada

I'd imagine the good citizens of Nevada are shouting to the heavens they won't have to endure thousands of ads a day.


Most of their ad buys are national not local. They won't escape.


Exactly. I still see them constantly here and it's never been legal here.


According to Dooze, its cheaper to pay for National Ads over loads of local ones.


I read that somewhere as well. I saw Sonic ads for years with none in the area.


We get 7-11 ads here. According to the store locator on their website, the closest one is near Clemson.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
User avatar
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC
 
Posts: 18626
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 15:09

Re: DraftStreet, Draft Day, DraftKings, etc.

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 16 Oct 2015, 11:28

Colonel Angus wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Daily fantasy halted in Nevada

I'd imagine the good citizens of Nevada are shouting to the heavens they won't have to endure thousands of ads a day.


Most of their ad buys are national not local. They won't escape.


Exactly. I still see them constantly here and it's never been legal here.


According to Dooze, its cheaper to pay for National Ads over loads of local ones.


I read that somewhere as well. I saw Sonic ads for years with none in the area.


We get 7-11 ads here. According to the store locator on their website, the closest one is near Clemson.

How the hell are there no 7-11s near you? That's the one thing I expect to see no matter how rink-a-dink a county
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
User avatar
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 12460
Joined: 22 Oct 2007, 13:09
Location: Virginia

Re: DraftStreet, Draft Day, DraftKings, etc.

Postby Colonel Angus » 16 Oct 2015, 11:39

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Daily fantasy halted in Nevada

I'd imagine the good citizens of Nevada are shouting to the heavens they won't have to endure thousands of ads a day.


Most of their ad buys are national not local. They won't escape.


Exactly. I still see them constantly here and it's never been legal here.


According to Dooze, its cheaper to pay for National Ads over loads of local ones.


I read that somewhere as well. I saw Sonic ads for years with none in the area.


We get 7-11 ads here. According to the store locator on their website, the closest one is near Clemson.

How the hell are there no 7-11s near you? That's the one thing I expect to see no matter how rink-a-dink a county


Because they're not everywhere? Travel a bit.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
User avatar
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC
 
Posts: 18626
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 15:09

Re: DraftStreet, Draft Day, DraftKings, etc.

Postby JT99 » 16 Oct 2015, 15:35

Colonel Angus wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Daily fantasy halted in Nevada

I'd imagine the good citizens of Nevada are shouting to the heavens they won't have to endure thousands of ads a day.


Most of their ad buys are national not local. They won't escape.


Exactly. I still see them constantly here and it's never been legal here.


According to Dooze, its cheaper to pay for National Ads over loads of local ones.


I read that somewhere as well. I saw Sonic ads for years with none in the area.


We get 7-11 ads here. According to the store locator on their website, the closest one is near Clemson.

How the hell are there no 7-11s near you? That's the one thing I expect to see no matter how rink-a-dink a county


Because they're not everywhere? Travel a bit.


There are several locations in Virginia where you can stand in the parking lot of one 7-11 and actually see the sign for another.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.


BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
User avatar
JT99
Between Bannings
 
Posts: 9792
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 22:58
Location: Bluesville

Re: DraftStreet, Draft Day, DraftKings, etc.

Postby mj3528 » 16 Oct 2015, 15:39

JT99 wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Daily fantasy halted in Nevada

I'd imagine the good citizens of Nevada are shouting to the heavens they won't have to endure thousands of ads a day.


Most of their ad buys are national not local. They won't escape.


Exactly. I still see them constantly here and it's never been legal here.


According to Dooze, its cheaper to pay for National Ads over loads of local ones.


I read that somewhere as well. I saw Sonic ads for years with none in the area.


We get 7-11 ads here. According to the store locator on their website, the closest one is near Clemson.

How the hell are there no 7-11s near you? That's the one thing I expect to see no matter how rink-a-dink a county


Because they're not everywhere? Travel a bit.


There are several locations in Virginia where you can stand in the parking lot of one 7-11 and actually see the sign for another.


or how about in NH when there are 2 dunkins on one traffic circle?
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 9279
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: DraftStreet, Draft Day, DraftKings, etc.

Postby mj3528 » 19 Oct 2015, 10:07

God Shamgod wrote:
mj3528 wrote:shammy, or anyone else do you have some basic strategy for Draft Kings. I seem overwhelmed about everything you can enter.


I generally go cheap on QB with a decent match up (This weekend I went with guys like Carson Palmer, Jaboo, Andy Dalton) and try to pair them with at least one WR and TE from their team. This is a good way to contrarian as a lot of the entries are picking a top QB. Pair it with a couple high dollar sure things (went with A Brown and Forte). Almost always go WR as Flex as it's PPR and bigger chance of a random WR having a monster day. Try to find the cheapest defense with a good matchup. Also, no need to force yourself to spend the whole salary cap.


I think you mentioned in the box that you were somewhere around 7,000th place in one entry. How many points did you have? My entry this week scored 175.6 points and is in the 50,000 range. This game looks impossible. I had Freeman and Ivory and the only "bad" performers were Maclin at 7.8 points and the Packers at 6 points.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 9279
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: DraftStreet, Draft Day, DraftKings, etc.

Postby God Shamgod » 19 Oct 2015, 10:17

192.20 and it's 7460th with Monday to yet to play. I have another entry at 188 that like 11000. I think I was around 800th towards the end of the 1 pm games with Lacy and Edelman still going.

My best line up was

Stafford 37.9
Bernard 14.3
Lacy 4
Hopkins 39.8
C Johnson 39.8
M Jones 24.5
Banridge 18.9
Edelman 17.2
Bengals 4
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
User avatar
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD
 
Posts: 5672
Joined: 26 Sep 2005, 10:06
Location: rehab

Re: DraftStreet, Draft Day, DraftKings, etc.

Postby BigJohnStudd » 19 Oct 2015, 10:23

mj3528 wrote:This game looks impossible.


Which is, of course, the point. It's basically Keno.
User avatar
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit
 
Posts: 3767
Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 00:01

Re: DraftStreet, Draft Day, DraftKings, etc.

Postby CourtesyFlush » 19 Oct 2015, 10:28

BigJohnStudd wrote:
mj3528 wrote:This game looks impossible.


Which is, of course, the point. It's basically the lottery.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 14567
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: DraftStreet, Draft Day, DraftKings, etc.

Postby God Shamgod » 19 Oct 2015, 13:20

CourtesyFlush wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:
mj3528 wrote:This game looks impossible.


Which is, of course, the point. It's basically the lottery.


The large events like they Millionaire Maker pretty much are. We really should get a SOTSG league going one week. it really does make the games a lot funner to watch.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
User avatar
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD
 
Posts: 5672
Joined: 26 Sep 2005, 10:06
Location: rehab

Re: DraftStreet, Draft Day, DraftKings, etc.

Postby Theny » 19 Oct 2015, 13:51

God Shamgod wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:
mj3528 wrote:This game looks impossible.


Which is, of course, the point. It's basically the lottery.


The large events like they Millionaire Maker pretty much are. We really should get a SOTSG league going one week. it really does make the games a lot funner to watch.


I've just started doing these two dollar 50/50 games for now, it's not such a crazy long shot every week. 2 for 2 on those so far.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30548
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: DraftStreet, Draft Day, DraftKings, etc.

Postby mj3528 » 19 Oct 2015, 13:53

Theny wrote:
God Shamgod wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:
mj3528 wrote:This game looks impossible.


Which is, of course, the point. It's basically the lottery.


The large events like they Millionaire Maker pretty much are. We really should get a SOTSG league going one week. it really does make the games a lot funner to watch.


I've just started doing these two dollar 50/50 games for now, it's not such a crazy long shot every week. 2 for 2 on those so far.


how much do you win in those?
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 9279
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

PreviousNext

Return to Sue Clinton Portis

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests