DraftStreet, Draft Day, DraftKings, etc.

Fantasy Sports

DraftStreet, Draft Day, DraftKings, etc.

Postby Durden » 29 Oct 2013, 14:26

Anyone here play daily fantasy sports on any of those sites? I started playing on DraftStreet and Draft Day within the last year, and have been doing pretty well. Was curious if anyone here plays? I get links to the free contests on DraftStreet all the time, too, and figured I would pass them along. Matthew Berry (ESPN) hosts them, so it's always fun to try and beat that guy. There are usually hundreds of people in the free contests, but if you finish in the Top 100, you get one of the cash prizes.

NFL - http://www.draftstreet.com/l/fr_BERRY_as.aspx?pid=118&r=5star&subid=pool

NBA - http://www.draftstreet.com/l/fr_nba2013.aspx?r=5star&pid=275&subid=pool

NHL - http://www.draftstreet.com/l/fr_nhl2013.aspx?r=5star&pid=411&subid=pool
i used to be commander and chief of my pimp ship.

2008 Who's Now
BSMB: poor nerf. You had a fine year. One and DUN, yo.
Durden
Smartest Guy In The Room

Re: DraftStreet, Draft Day, DraftKings, etc.

Postby the cheese » 29 Oct 2013, 14:35

Durden wrote:Anyone here play daily fantasy sports on any of those sites? I started playing on DraftStreet and Draft Day within the last year, and have been doing pretty well. Was curious if anyone here plays? I get links to the free contests on DraftStreet all the time, too, and figured I would pass them along. Matthew Berry (ESPN) hosts them, so it's always fun to try and beat that guy. There are usually hundreds of people in the free contests, but if you finish in the Top 100, you get one of the cash prizes.

NFL - http://www.draftstreet.com/l/fr_BERRY_as.aspx?pid=118&r=5star&subid=pool

NBA - http://www.draftstreet.com/l/fr_nba2013.aspx?r=5star&pid=275&subid=pool

NHL - http://www.draftstreet.com/l/fr_nhl2013.aspx?r=5star&pid=411&subid=pool

Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby TheWolf » 07 Nov 2014, 09:48

I saw a mention of a SOTSG DraftKings contest in the Shoutbox last night. First off, definitely count me in if that's gonna happen. But it gave me another idea. I know it might not be #Tournamentseason, but what about a SOTSG Head-to-Head tournament? I'd set up a bracket and randomly assign matchups and seeds. The higher seed in each matchup creates a private H2H contest on DraftKings and invites his opponent. Post your matchup results in the thread, winners move on to play each other the next week, and eventually a champion is crowned.

I see a couple possible prize structures, if we do it at all:
1.) Every head-to-head matchup will have a fixed buy-in on the site (could keep it the same in every round or raise the stakes in later rounds). So getting through a couple of rounds would guarantee you win something, even if you don't end up winning the whole tourney.
2.) Make it a winner take all tournament. We'd agree to a tournament buy-in, the weekly contests would be free on the site, and everyone PayPals their buy-in to the winner at the end (or to me for safe-keeping and I'll pay the winner).

No idea if we have enough people to make something like this happen, but I thought it would be fun. But let me know if you'd want to play, and if we have enough interest to set something up for Week 11 I'll get to work on it.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby nova » 07 Nov 2014, 09:50

TheWolf wrote:I saw a mention of a SOTSG DraftKings contest in the Shoutbox last night. First off, definitely count me in if that's gonna happen. But it gave me another idea. I know it might not be #Tournamentseason, but what about a SOTSG Head-to-Head tournament? I'd set up a bracket and randomly assign matchups and seeds. The higher seed in each matchup creates a private H2H contest on DraftKings and invites his opponent. Post your matchup results in the thread, winners move on to play each other the next week, and eventually a champion is crowned.

I see a couple possible prize structures, if we do it at all:
1.) Every head-to-head matchup will have a fixed buy-in on the site (could keep it the same in every round or raise the stakes in later rounds). So getting through a couple of rounds would guarantee you win something, even if you don't end up winning the whole tourney.
2.) Make it a winner take all tournament. We'd agree to a tournament buy-in, the weekly contests would be free on the site, and everyone PayPals their buy-in to the winner at the end (or to me for safe-keeping and I'll pay the winner).

No idea if we have enough people to make something like this happen, but I thought it would be fun. But let me know if you'd want to play, and if we have enough interest to set something up for Week 11 I'll get to work on it.

I'm in. In fact, I challenge you RIGHT NOW to a DraftKing matchup for the hell of it.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Frank the Tank » 07 Nov 2014, 09:54

I know the director of affiliate marketing for DraftKings and he sent me this link to sign up. He said he may be able to throw an extra perk the direction of people who use it to open an account and deposit.

http://partners.draftkings.com/aff_c?of ... f_id=81387

Disclaimer: I get no direct benefit from you using this link, though if enough people use it he might throw something my way I guess.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Colonel Angus » 07 Nov 2014, 09:56

Frank the Tank wrote:I know the director of affiliate marketing for DraftKings and he sent me this link to sign up. He said he may be able to throw an extra perk the direction of people who use it to open an account and deposit.

Disclaimer: I get no direct benefit from you using this link, though if enough people use it he might throw something my way I guess.

That link just took me straight to the Contest Lobby. Maybe because I already have an account? (But I am not signed in, so that shouldn't be it.)
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Frank the Tank » 07 Nov 2014, 10:07

Colonel Angus wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:I know the director of affiliate marketing for DraftKings and he sent me this link to sign up. He said he may be able to throw an extra perk the direction of people who use it to open an account and deposit.

That link just took me straight to the Contest Lobby. Maybe because I already have an account? (But I am not signed in, so that shouldn't be it.)

Maybe it redirected you because the login cookie is still on your computer. I just signed up fine.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Colonel Angus » 07 Nov 2014, 10:08

Frank the Tank wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:

Maybe it redirected you because the login cookie is still on your computer. I just signed up fine.

Would the link even confer any benefits upon me if I already have an account?
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Frank the Tank » 07 Nov 2014, 10:10

Colonel Angus wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:

Would the link even confer any benefits upon me if I already have an account?

I don't think so.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 07 Nov 2014, 10:24

/FTT'd
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Frank the Tank » 16 Nov 2014, 09:42

Just saw that the person I beat in a $10 head-to-head competition last week is in all kinds of $5,300 competitions this week. I guess that's where the guppies like me need to be careful. In online poker at least the sharks wouldn't bother with the low-limit tables. Here, you can just make one or two lineups and cut and paste them into a variety of matchups.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby TheWolf » 12 Jan 2015, 09:12

Yesterday reminded me why I hate fantasy football so much. When Denver got the ball back for their last meaningless garbage time possession, I had a net +$31 in my DraftKings contests. 2 CJ Anderson receptions and a Colts sack knocked me out of (or at least lower in) the money in 4 separate contests, and I ended up -$9 for the week. I realize this is not a lot of money, but a $40 swing on 3 plays was a real kick in the ass, and I did not enjoy it one fucking bit.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Colonel Angus » 12 Jan 2015, 09:15

TheWolf wrote:Yesterday reminded me why I hate fantasy football so much. When Denver got the ball back for their last meaningless garbage time possession, I had a net +$31 in my DraftKings contests. 2 CJ Anderson receptions and a Colts sack knocked me out of (or at least lower in) the money in 4 separate contests, and I ended up -$9 for the week. I realize this is not a lot of money, but a $40 swing on 3 plays was a real kick in the ass, and I did not enjoy it one fucking bit.

Ouch.

My DraftKings team shit the bed this weekend. The first contest of theirs I've played in that I did not win money. But I used a free $12 ticket for it, so NBD. I have another one of those that I may use this next weekend because it expires in June and I can't imagine I will want to use it on anything other than football.

ETA: That team, by the way:
QB - Andrew Luck 18.7 pts. (was hoping for a shoot-out :/)
RB - C.J. Anderson 16.9 (not terrible, I guess)
RB - Eddie Lacy 15.1 (meh)
WR - Doug Baldwin 12.8 (meh)
WR - Steve Smith, Sr. 13.4 (meh)
WR - Terence Williams 8.4 (meh)
TE - Greg Olsen 9.8 (meh)
FLEX - Jonathan Stewart 8.4 (Thanks for nothing, Jon)
DST - Colts 8.0 (lone bright-ish spot)

Maybe "shit the bed" is a little strong, but they were just mediocre across the board. Got me 7238th out of 9500.

The winning lineup, good for $10,000:

QB - Brady 34.68
RB- Herron 23.5
RB - Lynch 9.5
WR - Benjamin 26.5
WR - Edelman 21.44
WR - J. Kearse 24.9
TE - Gronkowski 26.8
FLEX - Amendola 25.1
DST - Seahawks 15.0

I was a little surprised to see a roster with Lynch on it won it all, but I guess when you have Amendola and Kearse kicking ass for you (WTF?), you've got some breathing room.
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Colonel Angus » 14 Jan 2015, 10:06

Colonel Angus wrote:My DraftKings team shit the bed this weekend. The first contest of theirs I've played in that I did not win money. But I used a free $12 ticket for it, so NBD. I have another one of those that I may use this next weekend because it expires in June and I can't imagine I will want to use it on anything other than football.

Update: just checked my account and this other ticket actually doesn't expire until December, so I think I am done with DraftKings until next football season.
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby TheWolf » 14 Jan 2015, 10:09

It's much more enjoyable in the regular season IMO. I don't really like picking from such a small set of games. But I'll probably do it this weekend anyway, because I'm a degenerate.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Next

Return to Sue Clinton Portis