SOTSG FANTASY BASKETBALL 2013

Fantasy Sports

Re: SOTSG FANTASY BASKETBALL 2013

Postby someguysomewhere » 30 Oct 2012, 21:58

Colonel Angus wrote:Yeah, forgot about this and was in a mediation until about 8pm tonight anyway. I didn't pre-rank anyone, which I would have thought would only hurt me anyway, but it looks like the computer did even worse than I would have. :/


The frickin' work firewall wouldn't let me into the draft, but it worked out alright. I didn't pre-rank much, but I'd excluded everybody I hate and everybody that's injured, so my team's not bad.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
User avatar
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 10404
Joined: 19 May 2006, 12:04
Location: The foul line, looking terrified.

Re: SOTSG FANTASY BASKETBALL 2013

Postby Colonel Angus » 30 Oct 2012, 22:06

someguysomewhere wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:Yeah, forgot about this and was in a mediation until about 8pm tonight anyway. I didn't pre-rank anyone, which I would have thought would only hurt me anyway, but it looks like the computer did even worse than I would have. :/


The frickin' work firewall wouldn't let me into the draft, but it worked out alright. I didn't pre-rank much, but I'd excluded everybody I hate and everybody that's injured, so my team's not bad.


I don't really hate anyone, but injuries? We got 'em! I'm also not really sure about James Harden in the second round, but :beatsme:

At least I got linsanity LeBron.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
User avatar
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC
 
Posts: 18626
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 15:09

Re: SOTSG FANTASY BASKETBALL 2013

Postby SouthernYokel » 31 Oct 2012, 14:57

did i get derrick rose? I hope so. he's going to be great in May.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 28518
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: SOTSG FANTASY BASKETBALL 2013

Postby someguysomewhere » 25 Nov 2012, 11:07

1st place, Sons.

I don't even care if y'all aren't playing.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
User avatar
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 10404
Joined: 19 May 2006, 12:04
Location: The foul line, looking terrified.

Re: SOTSG FANTASY BASKETBALL 2013

Postby Colonel Angus » 25 Nov 2012, 11:10

someguysomewhere wrote:1st place, Sons.

I don't even care if y'all aren't playing.


Took you long enough to catch up with my computer-drafted, injury-riddled, Bynum-owning team.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
User avatar
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC
 
Posts: 18626
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 15:09

Re: SOTSG FANTASY BASKETBALL 2013

Postby Gregs Kite » 25 Nov 2012, 11:36

Good work SGSW.

I'm not giving up yet.

I am in this league, correct?
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 21036
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: SOTSG FANTASY BASKETBALL 2013

Postby ctz31 » 05 Dec 2012, 08:06

I have no idea how to evaluate a fantasy basketball trade offer. I have been offered Ty lawson, Jason Richardson and Paul George for Paul Milsap and D. Galinari. Seems like a decent deal to me. I dunno. Would leave me slim at PF, but I guess I could use the help at guard. Any of you goons think this is a good/bad deal? Right now my team is refreshingly mediocre, and the dude offering the trade is in first by quite a bit.

My team right now:

Deron PG: Avg. 27.8
Tyreke PG,SG,SF: Avg. 23.6
Rudy Gay SF: Avg. 26.8
Thad Young SF, PF: Avg. 24.7
Klay Thompson SG, SF: Avg. 20.3
G. Heyward: SG, SF: Avg. 18.3
D. Galinari SF, PF: Avg. 23.7
P. Milsap PF: Avg. 25.1
A. Kirilenko SF, PF: Avg. 25.5
B. Bass (PF, C) and J. McGee C: (my two centers, both suck but its all I got)

L. Ridnour, B. Gordon, AJ Price, Nash, S. Blake (Other guys that get starts once in a while and/or are injured although Gordon has been money lately)

ETA: The players I'd be adding and their elig./avg's: T. Lawson PG, SG: Avg. 21.9, J. Rich SG, SF: Avg. 20.3, P. George SG, SF: Avg. 24.2 (they've all been trending up a bit of late)
User avatar
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD
 
Posts: 8540
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: SOTSG FANTASY BASKETBALL 2013

Postby Colonel Angus » 11 Dec 2012, 13:48

Not to toot my own horn - especially since I was not involved in the draft at all - but I find it pretty impressive that my team is still tied for first place when my 3rd-, 6th-, and 8th-round picks all have yet to actually play a game this year.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
User avatar
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC
 
Posts: 18626
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 15:09

Re: SOTSG FANTASY BASKETBALL 2013

Postby the cheese » 11 Dec 2012, 14:02

Colonel Angus wrote:Not to toot my own horn - especially since I was not involved in the draft at all - but I find it pretty impressive that my team is still tied for first place when my 3rd-, 6th-, and 8th-round picks all have yet to actually play a game this year.


How is Harden's Hardon doing?
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 17141
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: SOTSG FANTASY BASKETBALL 2013

Postby SouthernYokel » 11 May 2013, 19:37

haha...i finished in 2nd in this league? awesome.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 28518
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: SOTSG FANTASY BASKETBALL 2013

Postby ctz31 » 25 Oct 2015, 21:14

Dthe.... Based on relative value, give me your top 5 must haves in fantasy hoop this year. Auction style so based on perceived value vs actual. I don't have perceived or actual values for you. Play it by ear. Tyia.
User avatar
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD
 
Posts: 8540
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: SOTSG FANTASY BASKETBALL 2013

Postby ctz31 » 26 Oct 2015, 07:10

ctz31 wrote:Dthe.... Based on relative value, give me your top 5 must haves in fantasy hoop this year. Auction style so based on perceived value vs actual. I don't have perceived or actual values for you. Play it by ear. Tyia.


Double post. Dthe...gonna need this before 8:15pm EST tonight. Tyia.
User avatar
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD
 
Posts: 8540
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: SOTSG FANTASY BASKETBALL 2013

Postby ctz31 » 27 Oct 2015, 08:11

ctz31 wrote:
ctz31 wrote:Dthe.... Based on relative value, give me your top 5 must haves in fantasy hoop this year. Auction style so based on perceived value vs actual. I don't have perceived or actual values for you. Play it by ear. Tyia.


Double post. Dthe...gonna need this before 8:15pm EST tonight. Tyia.


Triple. Thanks Dude.

Here is the SQUAD:

1 John Wall, Wsh PG $41
4 Anthony Davis, Nor PF $79
19 Jimmy Butler, Chi SG $37
53 Kenneth Faried, Den PF $16
67 George Hill, Ind PG $3
77 Ryan Anderson, Nor PF $3
82 Ricky Rubio, Min PG $6
95 Danny Green, SA SG $2
96 Tyson Chandler, Pho C $4
100 Alec Burks, Uta SG $1
104 Gorgui Dieng, Min C $4
108 Jusuf Nurkic*, Den C $1
115 Marcus Smart, Bos PG $3

Went top heavy. Had a list of like 10 players that out of, I wanted to land 3 at different positions, and brow, wall, butler and faried were on it. So I was happy. We'll see!
User avatar
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD
 
Posts: 8540
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: SOTSG FANTASY BASKETBALL 2013

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 27 Oct 2015, 08:42

ctz31 wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
ctz31 wrote:Dthe.... Based on relative value, give me your top 5 must haves in fantasy hoop this year. Auction style so based on perceived value vs actual. I don't have perceived or actual values for you. Play it by ear. Tyia.


Double post. Dthe...gonna need this before 8:15pm EST tonight. Tyia.


Triple. Thanks Dude.

Here is the SQUAD:

1 John Wall, Wsh PG $41
4 Anthony Davis, Nor PF $79
19 Jimmy Butler, Chi SG $37
53 Kenneth Faried, Den PF $16
67 George Hill, Ind PG $3
77 Ryan Anderson, Nor PF $3
82 Ricky Rubio, Min PG $6
95 Danny Green, SA SG $2
96 Tyson Chandler, Pho C $4
100 Alec Burks, Uta SG $1
104 Gorgui Dieng, Min C $4
108 Jusuf Nurkic*, Den C $1
115 Marcus Smart, Bos PG $3

Went top heavy. Had a list of like 10 players that out of, I wanted to land 3 at different positions, and brow, wall, butler and faried were on it. So I was happy. We'll see!


I dont see any Sixers. Smart.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep
 
Posts: 29374
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: SOTSG FANTASY BASKETBALL 2013

Postby Colonel Angus » 27 Oct 2015, 08:44

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
ctz31 wrote:Dthe.... Based on relative value, give me your top 5 must haves in fantasy hoop this year. Auction style so based on perceived value vs actual. I don't have perceived or actual values for you. Play it by ear. Tyia.


Double post. Dthe...gonna need this before 8:15pm EST tonight. Tyia.


Triple. Thanks Dude.

Here is the SQUAD:

1 John Wall, Wsh PG $41
4 Anthony Davis, Nor PF $79
19 Jimmy Butler, Chi SG $37
53 Kenneth Faried, Den PF $16
67 George Hill, Ind PG $3
77 Ryan Anderson, Nor PF $3
82 Ricky Rubio, Min PG $6
95 Danny Green, SA SG $2
96 Tyson Chandler, Pho C $4
100 Alec Burks, Uta SG $1
104 Gorgui Dieng, Min C $4
108 Jusuf Nurkic*, Den C $1
115 Marcus Smart, Bos PG $3

Went top heavy. Had a list of like 10 players that out of, I wanted to land 3 at different positions, and brow, wall, butler and faried were on it. So I was happy. We'll see!


I dont see any Sixers. Smart.


I see a Celtic. Smart.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
User avatar
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC
 
Posts: 18626
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 15:09

PreviousNext

Return to Sue Clinton Portis

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest