2011 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball

Fantasy Sports

Re: 2011 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 25 Feb 2011, 20:30

ONTB wrote:Jesus titty fucking Christ. We've got 4 people in for a fantasy baseball league? Come on....

do you not have friends in real life to do this with?
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby ONTB » 25 Feb 2011, 21:05

Clayton Bigsby wrote:
ONTB wrote:Jesus titty fucking Christ. We've got 4 people in for a fantasy baseball league? Come on....

do you not have friends in real life to do this with?

That stings.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby Frank the Tank » 12 Mar 2011, 12:12

Need to get to at least ten (maybe eight) by next weekend or I will pull the plug on the league.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby SDGuy » 12 Mar 2011, 13:28

Frank the Tank wrote:Need to get to at least ten (maybe eight) by next weekend or I will pull the plug on the league.

Signed up. 5th team in. Solid.
Montecore's Revenge wrote:Protip: When you slit your wrists make sure you go north-south and not east-west. It will be harder for them to save you and it won't send out as much of a "just a cry for help, not a serious attempt" vibe
SDGuy
Basketball Jesus

Postby God Shamgod » 13 Mar 2011, 21:25

Tried to sign up...

There was a problem

* There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. To join, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning. (Error #638)

ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby Frank the Tank » 18 Mar 2011, 11:46

God Shamgod wrote:Tried to sign up...

There was a problem

* There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. To join, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning. (Error #638)

I appreciate it God, but we're still way way short. Since we're not even close, I've pulled the plug.

2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 21 Jun 2011, 10:21

I know I'm not in the SOTSG League, but I figured this was the best place for this question:

I'm currently trying to get myself kicked out of the fantasy baseball league I've been in for the last several years. Basically, I'm having a shitty, hopeless season, and I've decided now is the time to use the remainder of my year just to piss people off. Why? Because the old guys who form the core of this league insist on two bad things:

1. We use an antiquated, old-school, season-long roto scoring system. So, someone like me who had a mediocre team to begin with and then suffers a couple of injuries winds up being out of the running by June 1. However, I could live with this if not for . . .

2. We still use Yahoo as our league website. I think Yahoo is great - for free / just for fun leagues. But the entry fees for this league are close to $200 a season. And yet we stick with Yahoo. Why? Because the league records are on Yahoo. Yes, it's as retarded as it sounds.

We had a long debate about switching sites prior to last year, and I pointed out the benefits of CBS Sportsline fantasy sites. To make matters worse, people *agreed* with me. But, ultimately, we didn't move, because someone said that the league's prior standings were all stored on Yahoo, thus trapping us here for all eternity. I explained that it would take 30 minutes to copy over past standings manually to CBS, and added that I would do it myself. Still nothing.

Now I've taken to the messageboards on a weekly basis to run down Yahoo. People in this league do NOT like this. In addition, I've started to tie my dislike for Yahoo into the fact that this is a league filled with fossils (I'm the youngest guy in the league, believe it or not) who are tied to antiquated ways. I upped the ante by declaring myself to be a genius. So far, so good.

Advice: What's my next move? I feel like going some vulgar route and talking about fucking their wives or something would be too easy and ring hollow (since I've never met most of them). I'm thinking more like trading my best players for scrap in order to manipulate the standings to the detriment of those who have been the most pissed off at me might be more fun. Suggestions welcome, however.
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 21 Jun 2011, 10:24

Advice: What's my next move?

play the rest of the season out and then don't rejoin next year. you seem overly bitter.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby mister bacon » 21 Jun 2011, 10:28

Dr Jeckyll wrote:

play the rest of the season out and then don't rejoin next year. you seem overly bitter.

start proposing trades (in your favor) that no one in their right mind would accept and see if you get lucky.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 21 Jun 2011, 10:33

Dr Jeckyll wrote:

"Seem?"
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby someguysomewhere » 21 Jun 2011, 11:58

Montecore's Revenge wrote:Now I've taken to the messageboards on a weekly basis to run down Yahoo. People in this league do NOT like this. In addition, I've started to tie my dislike for Yahoo into the fact that this is a league filled with fossils (I'm the youngest guy in the league, believe it or not) who are tied to antiquated ways. I upped the ante by declaring myself to be a genius. So far, so good.

Playing the IHTB/ONTB card. I like it.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 21 Jul 2011, 11:49

i just traded brett lawrie to sez for ricky nolasco(keeper league) right in time for last night's game. absolutely brutal.... already regretting it a little.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Previous

Return to Sue Clinton Portis