Streak for cash

Fantasy Sports

Streak for cash

Postby Gaylord » 01 Feb 2009, 15:54

So dorko's hyping of streak for the cash got me to check it out, sadly I started out with an L thanks to Federer's gag job, and the streak game would have prob been better during football season but I still created a league:

SotSG
pass: sotsg
TheDooze - I'll win with stories, and Tom Brady-esque swagger

IhateTomBrady - Tom Brady-esque swagger? Is that code for walking bow-legged from the ass reaming your boyfriend gave you the night before Dooze?
Gaylord
Etiquette Instructor

Re: Streak for cash

Postby Durden » 04 Feb 2009, 00:20

nice work. i jumped in.

at any point, has anyone else sworn they picked something, only to have it not register? happened to me twice now :evil:
i used to be commander and chief of my pimp ship.

2008 Who's Now
BSMB: poor nerf. You had a fine year. One and DUN, yo.
Durden
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Freddy Fernandez » 04 Feb 2009, 01:44

Durden wrote:nice work. i jumped in.

at any point, has anyone else sworn they picked something, only to have it not register? happened to me twice now :evil:

Your new pick won't register until your previous pick's game is over. It looks like you can select a new one, but it won't register.
"What're the best shoe/purse brands for the spring season?" ~jack_daniels
Freddy Fernandez
OG's sponsor

Postby Durden » 31 Mar 2009, 23:54

espn getting cheap. you have to wait 8 months to maybe win a mil, and to do so, you'd have to go to freaking connecticut to compete against 6 others in december/january? also, this molly qerim looks like someone gave sloan from entourage a beatdown and then threw her in a tanning bed. terrible.
Streak is New and Improved!

Check out the video as Molly Qerim takes you through the new game. Some highlights:

- Top 7 longest Streaks from 4/1/09 - 12/6/09 will win $10,000 and a trip to Bristol to compete in a pickoff. The winner of the "pickoff" wins $1 Million bucks!

- Monthly $5,000 stunt events

- Build a Streak of 13 and get a Streak for the Cash t-shirt or other prizes

Enjoy the Streak season. And Good luck!
i used to be commander and chief of my pimp ship.

2008 Who's Now
BSMB: poor nerf. You had a fine year. One and DUN, yo.
Durden
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Gaylord » 01 Apr 2009, 15:08

Durden wrote:espn getting cheap. you have to wait 8 months to maybe win a mil, and to do so, you'd have to go to freaking connecticut to compete against 6 others in december/january? also, this molly qerim looks like someone gave sloan from entourage a beatdown and then threw her in a tanning bed. terrible.
Streak is New and Improved!

Check out the video as Molly Qerim takes you through the new game. Some highlights:

- Top 7 longest Streaks from 4/1/09 - 12/6/09 will win $10,000 and a trip to Bristol to compete in a pickoff. The winner of the "pickoff" wins $1 Million bucks!

- Monthly $5,000 stunt events

- Build a Streak of 13 and get a Streak for the Cash t-shirt or other prizes

Enjoy the Streak season. And Good luck!

Damn that is pretty gay, also I was at 8 when they announced they were resetting the streaks in 2 days or something, I tried to be a hero and get to 10 before the deadline by picking a soccer game, but went down in flames....

IhateTomBrady - Tom Brady-esque swagger? Is that code for walking bow-legged from the ass reaming your boyfriend gave you the night before Dooze?
Gaylord
Etiquette Instructor

Postby BFP » 14 Apr 2009, 22:35

Argh. Killed my biggest streak to date(of 8) by changing my mind on a pick tonight. At first I thought I'd be wrong either way, then the Rangers/Orioles game went extra innings and they scored enough runs(more than 10 combined) needed for me to have been right had I went with that one. If I get another streak of 8 now, with 1 loss in between that I changed my mind on at the last minute, I'm stabbing Skip Bayless.

Stupid 76ers!
BFP
Bruce Dickinson

Postby myherobobhope » 20 May 2009, 17:02

Signed up for it... seems interesting and a decent way to waste a small portion of my day... and if things heat up in my life, I can just randomly choose something (and probably do better)... sounds like a good time all around.
Frank the Tank: If you think highly of humanity as a whole, then you're retarded. There are no exceptions to that rule.
myherobobhope
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Gaylord » 22 May 2009, 10:29

myherobobhope wrote:Signed up for it... seems interesting and a decent way to waste a small portion of my day... and if things heat up in my life, I can just randomly choose something (and probably do better)... sounds like a good time all around.

Good times they are, Im halfway to a cool million in my bank account, took Johan over the Sawx and Dice-Gay today

Gaylord
Etiquette Instructor

Postby myherobobhope » 22 May 2009, 11:36

I"m 0-2.
Frank the Tank: If you think highly of humanity as a whole, then you're retarded. There are no exceptions to that rule.
myherobobhope
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Briandong79 » 24 May 2009, 12:35

It literally took less than 30 seconds at the Indy 500 to lose my current streak. Thanks Marco Andretti.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Gaylord » 28 May 2009, 10:34

Gaylord wrote:
myherobobhope wrote:Signed up for it... seems interesting and a decent way to waste a small portion of my day... and if things heat up in my life, I can just randomly choose something (and probably do better)... sounds like a good time all around.

Good times they are, Im halfway to a cool million in my bank account, took Johan over the Sawx and Dice-Gay today

I know everyone is still pretty excited about my streak, obviously I hit that Johan bet and one or two after that, right now I'm only 3 wins away from making the leader board, and still focussing on that cool million. Probably wait a few days to see if I can get another stone cold lock (like Nadal in any of French Open games), once I make the leader board I'm thinking of changing my name to BillSimmonsisGay or SOTSG.com something else that will make Simmons cry himself to sleep after once again failing to get to a 3 game winning streak...

Gaylord
Etiquette Instructor

Postby mj3528 » 21 Sep 2011, 16:34

I never really hated the Braves, but due to this stupid game I do now.

I had a 12 game streak and picked the Braves to beat the Marlins. Of course the Braves lost on a 2 run walk-off homer in the 9th. I have since won 4 games in a row. If not for that Braves loss I would have a streak of 17, with the leader at 26.*

*really I should have a streak for 18, because some reason the game did not accept my Texas over UCLA pick.

12 games is the longest streak I have had in this game.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Return to Sue Clinton Portis