Fantasy Hockey 2007-2008

Fantasy Sports

Fantasy Hockey 2007-2008

Postby PornoGil » 18 Sep 2007, 12:13

You assholes. Now I have to carry the shame that goes along with being the commissioner of a fantasy hockey league. Thanks a lot.

League ID: 53916
Password: crickets

Normally, when starting a fantasy league, I'd urge people to only sign up if they are going to take it somewhat serious. But, really, let's be serious here... This is open to everyone. Non-hockey fans, your grandmothers, children you've kidnapped (coughcmhopecough)... you name it.

I set a draft date of this coming Monday (9/24) at 10PM ET. I don't know if Yahoo requires that the commish be present or what. If that's the case, I am either out as commish or I'm just switching it to an all-autopick draft.
The Rafters:
:sniff: 2007 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball champion
:19: 2007-2008 SOTSG Fantasy Hockey* champion (*only 4 people, none of whom really cared)
User avatar
PornoGil
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4582
Joined: 06 Sep 2006, 13:00

Postby Theny » 18 Sep 2007, 12:16

I'd like to start a team of all Panthers.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 29985
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: Fantasy Hockey 2007-2008

Postby Colonel Angus » 18 Sep 2007, 12:32

PornoGil wrote:You assholes. Now I have to carry the shame that goes along with being the commissioner of a fantasy hockey league. Thanks a lot.

League ID: 53916
Password: crickets

Normally, when starting a fantasy league, I'd urge people to only sign up if they are going to take it somewhat serious. But, really, let's be serious here... This is open to everyone. Non-hockey fans, your grandmothers, children you've kidnapped (coughcmhopecough)... you name it.

I set a draft date of this coming Monday (9/24) at 10PM ET. I don't know if Yahoo requires that the commish be present or what. If that's the case, I am either out as commish or I'm just switching it to an all-autopick draft.


Thanks for taking one for the team, commish. Count me in. I don't think you have to be there for the draft, but could we slide it back an hour or so? 10 pm on a weeknight is awfully late for us working, family stiffs.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
User avatar
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC
 
Posts: 18626
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 15:09

Postby PornoGil » 18 Sep 2007, 12:38

Draft time changed to 8:30PM ET.
The Rafters:
:sniff: 2007 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball champion
:19: 2007-2008 SOTSG Fantasy Hockey* champion (*only 4 people, none of whom really cared)
User avatar
PornoGil
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4582
Joined: 06 Sep 2006, 13:00

Postby Colonel Angus » 18 Sep 2007, 12:55

PornoGil wrote:Draft time changed to 8:30PM ET.


Thanks. Now I need to go find out who is good. Does Mario Lemieux still play?
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
User avatar
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC
 
Posts: 18626
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 15:09

Postby Frank the Tank » 18 Sep 2007, 13:01

I'm in as the "Auto-Drafted Losers".
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31253
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Postby Briandong79 » 20 Sep 2007, 11:54

I'm in as Slippery Nipple.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 29661
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Postby Colonel Angus » 24 Sep 2007, 06:20

Hate to be difficult, but I wonder if we could delay the draft until:

a) we get more people to join so there aren't five teams in the league;
b) we at least get an even number of teams in the league; and
c) the draft isn't during Monday Night Football.

Just a thought...
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
User avatar
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC
 
Posts: 18626
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 15:09

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 24 Sep 2007, 06:23

I have no problem with that. I'm fine with the draft being whenever.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake
 
Posts: 12091
Joined: 30 Jun 2006, 14:23

Postby PornoGil » 24 Sep 2007, 11:08

I changed it to Thursday at 4PM ET. Friday is the latest day I can choose, and 4PM is the latest time I can choose for any of the upcoming days.

The one or two of you who are actually planning on live-drafting are in charge here in terms of draft scheduling.

If no one else signs up I'd rather just change it to a Roto league so that we can at least have a league.
The Rafters:
:sniff: 2007 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball champion
:19: 2007-2008 SOTSG Fantasy Hockey* champion (*only 4 people, none of whom really cared)
User avatar
PornoGil
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4582
Joined: 06 Sep 2006, 13:00

Postby Colonel Angus » 24 Sep 2007, 11:59

PornoGil wrote:I changed it to Thursday at 4PM ET. Friday is the latest day I can choose, and 4PM is the latest time I can choose for any of the upcoming days.

The one or two of you who are actually planning on live-drafting are in charge here in terms of draft scheduling.

If no one else signs up I'd rather just change it to a Roto league so that we can at least have a league.


I can't make Thursday at 4pm. Auto-drafting with default rankings would probably yield me a better team than I am capable of drafting myself, but I'd like to make the draft if I can. Hell, fantasy drafts are easily the most fun part of fantasy seasons, regardless of sport.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
User avatar
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC
 
Posts: 18626
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 15:09

Postby PornoGil » 24 Sep 2007, 12:08

Colonel Angus wrote:
PornoGil wrote:I changed it to Thursday at 4PM ET. Friday is the latest day I can choose, and 4PM is the latest time I can choose for any of the upcoming days.

The one or two of you who are actually planning on live-drafting are in charge here in terms of draft scheduling.

If no one else signs up I'd rather just change it to a Roto league so that we can at least have a league.


I can't make Thursday at 4pm. Auto-drafting with default rankings would probably yield me a better team than I am capable of drafting myself, but I'd like to make the draft if I can. Hell, fantasy drafts are easily the most fun part of fantasy seasons, regardless of sport.

Yeah, there are no options for this week that aren't during most people's work hours (4pm is the latest time available for any day this week for some reason).
The Rafters:
:sniff: 2007 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball champion
:19: 2007-2008 SOTSG Fantasy Hockey* champion (*only 4 people, none of whom really cared)
User avatar
PornoGil
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4582
Joined: 06 Sep 2006, 13:00

Postby Colonel Angus » 24 Sep 2007, 12:12

PornoGil wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
PornoGil wrote:I changed it to Thursday at 4PM ET. Friday is the latest day I can choose, and 4PM is the latest time I can choose for any of the upcoming days.

The one or two of you who are actually planning on live-drafting are in charge here in terms of draft scheduling.

If no one else signs up I'd rather just change it to a Roto league so that we can at least have a league.


I can't make Thursday at 4pm. Auto-drafting with default rankings would probably yield me a better team than I am capable of drafting myself, but I'd like to make the draft if I can. Hell, fantasy drafts are easily the most fun part of fantasy seasons, regardless of sport.

Yeah, there are no options for this week that aren't during most people's work hours (4pm is the latest time available for any day this week for some reason).


During work hours is not a (big) problem for me this week, but Thursday doesn't work - I have a meeting at 4pm and won't be around a computer.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
User avatar
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC
 
Posts: 18626
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 15:09

Postby PornoGil » 24 Sep 2007, 12:27

Colonel Angus wrote:
PornoGil wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
PornoGil wrote:I changed it to Thursday at 4PM ET. Friday is the latest day I can choose, and 4PM is the latest time I can choose for any of the upcoming days.

The one or two of you who are actually planning on live-drafting are in charge here in terms of draft scheduling.

If no one else signs up I'd rather just change it to a Roto league so that we can at least have a league.


I can't make Thursday at 4pm. Auto-drafting with default rankings would probably yield me a better team than I am capable of drafting myself, but I'd like to make the draft if I can. Hell, fantasy drafts are easily the most fun part of fantasy seasons, regardless of sport.

Yeah, there are no options for this week that aren't during most people's work hours (4pm is the latest time available for any day this week for some reason).


During work hours is not a (big) problem for me this week, but Thursday doesn't work - I have a meeting at 4pm and won't be around a computer.

Oh, ok. The draft times available (roughly) are Tues-Thurs between 9 and 3, and Friday between 9 and 2. I'll temporarily reset it to noon on Friday.
The Rafters:
:sniff: 2007 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball champion
:19: 2007-2008 SOTSG Fantasy Hockey* champion (*only 4 people, none of whom really cared)
User avatar
PornoGil
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4582
Joined: 06 Sep 2006, 13:00

Postby Colonel Angus » 24 Sep 2007, 12:43

PornoGil wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
PornoGil wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
PornoGil wrote:I changed it to Thursday at 4PM ET. Friday is the latest day I can choose, and 4PM is the latest time I can choose for any of the upcoming days.

The one or two of you who are actually planning on live-drafting are in charge here in terms of draft scheduling.

If no one else signs up I'd rather just change it to a Roto league so that we can at least have a league.


I can't make Thursday at 4pm. Auto-drafting with default rankings would probably yield me a better team than I am capable of drafting myself, but I'd like to make the draft if I can. Hell, fantasy drafts are easily the most fun part of fantasy seasons, regardless of sport.

Yeah, there are no options for this week that aren't during most people's work hours (4pm is the latest time available for any day this week for some reason).


During work hours is not a (big) problem for me this week, but Thursday doesn't work - I have a meeting at 4pm and won't be around a computer.

Oh, ok. The draft times available (roughly) are Tues-Thurs between 9 and 3, and Friday between 9 and 2. I'll temporarily reset it to noon on Friday.


I would prefer not during lunchtime but if it has to be then that's OK. Afternoon Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday would be best for me, the later the better.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
User avatar
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC
 
Posts: 18626
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 15:09

Next

Return to Sue Clinton Portis

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest