Fantasy FB Forecast

Fantasy Sports

Re: Fantasy FB Forecast

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 21 Sep 2017, 16:04

in my espn league (1/2 point ppr) theo riddick and ameer abdullah are my #6 and 7 rbs, don't think i'll really be starting either of them unless i'm left really thin in a bye week or injuries happen, currently the other running backs are all healthy. devante parker and chris hogan are my #3 and 4 wrs and both are nursing injuries which could linger, i don't need either of them this week. i don't need to do anything now but thinking about picking up jj nelson (kind of stunned he's still on the wire) and dropping one of the detroit running backs. i don't think i need to go 7 deep at rb...i have Derrick Henry and Chris Carson too and think they have more potential to blow up than either of the Detroit guys. so should i see how things shake out for another week or make a move now?
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 7766
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Re: Fantasy FB Forecast

Postby mj3528 » 21 Sep 2017, 16:14

Dr Jeckyll wrote:in my espn league (1/2 point ppr) theo riddick and ameer abdullah are my #6 and 7 rbs, don't think i'll really be starting either of them unless i'm left really thin in a bye week or injuries happen, currently the other running backs are all healthy. devante parker and chris hogan are my #3 and 4 wrs and both are nursing injuries which could linger, i don't need either of them this week. i don't need to do anything now but thinking about picking up jj nelson (kind of stunned he's still on the wire) and dropping one of the detroit running backs. i don't think i need to go 7 deep at rb...i have Derrick Henry and Chris Carson too and think they have more potential to blow up than either of the Detroit guys. so should i see how things shake out for another week or make a move now?


I would drop theo riddick for JJ Nelson. I still think Abdullah has a chance to be good. I owned both of those clowns last year, so I think I have a handle on what they can do.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 9311
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: Fantasy FB Forecast

Postby TheWolf » 21 Sep 2017, 16:55

mj3528 wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:in my espn league (1/2 point ppr) theo riddick and ameer abdullah are my #6 and 7 rbs, don't think i'll really be starting either of them unless i'm left really thin in a bye week or injuries happen, currently the other running backs are all healthy. devante parker and chris hogan are my #3 and 4 wrs and both are nursing injuries which could linger, i don't need either of them this week. i don't need to do anything now but thinking about picking up jj nelson (kind of stunned he's still on the wire) and dropping one of the detroit running backs. i don't think i need to go 7 deep at rb...i have Derrick Henry and Chris Carson too and think they have more potential to blow up than either of the Detroit guys. so should i see how things shake out for another week or make a move now?


I would drop theo riddick for JJ Nelson. I still think Abdullah has a chance to be good. I owned both of those clowns last year, so I think I have a handle on what they can do.


I concur with this advice.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 18437
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: Fantasy FB Forecast

Postby Briandong79 » 21 Sep 2017, 17:11

TheWolf wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:in my espn league (1/2 point ppr) theo riddick and ameer abdullah are my #6 and 7 rbs, don't think i'll really be starting either of them unless i'm left really thin in a bye week or injuries happen, currently the other running backs are all healthy. devante parker and chris hogan are my #3 and 4 wrs and both are nursing injuries which could linger, i don't need either of them this week. i don't need to do anything now but thinking about picking up jj nelson (kind of stunned he's still on the wire) and dropping one of the detroit running backs. i don't think i need to go 7 deep at rb...i have Derrick Henry and Chris Carson too and think they have more potential to blow up than either of the Detroit guys. so should i see how things shake out for another week or make a move now?


I would drop theo riddick for JJ Nelson. I still think Abdullah has a chance to be good. I owned both of those clowns last year, so I think I have a handle on what they can do.


I concur with this advice.


I think in a PPR I'd take the shot with Abdullah as well.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31147
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Fantasy FB Forecast

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 22 Sep 2017, 06:39

ty fellas, I'm actually going to stand pat. Nelson is "questionable" now too. Probably will end up being nbd but who knows. I'll likely do something next week.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 7766
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Re: Fantasy FB Forecast

Postby the cheese » 25 Sep 2017, 10:14

I picked up Matt Forte to compliment my wack ass collection of running backs. Decided to start him at flex instead of TY Hilton who had been playing like a gash with Tolzien and Charcoal Briquette. Decided that I needed to replace Ben Watson at TE after watching him do nothing through 3 quarters, so I picked up a rando TE. I cut Sterling Shepard because why not, the Giants look like ass.

Of course Hilton gets 24, Shep gets 23ish, and Watson gets 11 while everybody else sucks hind tit.

I'm still up 40 going into tonight, but my opponent has Dak and Dez. Not confident.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 18427
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: Fantasy FB Forecast

Postby mister bacon » 11 Oct 2017, 10:44

hey fake football friends, should i trade joe mixon for jarvis landry in a ppr keeper league w 12 teams? i'll hang up and listen.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26383
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: Fantasy FB Forecast

Postby Briandong79 » 11 Oct 2017, 10:51

mister bacon wrote:hey fake football friends, should i trade joe mixon for jarvis landry in a ppr keeper league w 12 teams? i'll hang up and listen.


Landry is meeting with the League about a domestic abuse investigation later this week so......

ETA: It's apparently in 2 weeks.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31147
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Fantasy FB Forecast

Postby mister bacon » 11 Oct 2017, 11:03

Briandong79 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:hey fake football friends, should i trade joe mixon for jarvis landry in a ppr keeper league w 12 teams? i'll hang up and listen.


Landry is meeting with the League about a domestic abuse investigation later this week so......

ETA: It's apparently in 2 weeks.


yeah i know. i keep waiting for mixon to break out but he still plays for cinci so breakout is prob too much to expect. i have an injured david johnson on this team, my other rb is kamara and theo riddick (who has been a disappointment compared to last season). my wrs are antonio brown, ty hilton and golden tate in my flex spot. i also have cole beasley.

i need a rb in return i think so i am going to reject it. good talk.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26383
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: Fantasy FB Forecast

Postby CourtesyFlush » 12 Oct 2017, 08:53

Thinking of adding Danny Amendola to my lineup from the free agent pool this week. I currently have TY Hilton, Willie Snead, and Terrelle Pryor starting (AJ Green on bye). I picked up Peterson earlier this week when he was traded but might drop him since I don't have much faith in the Cards.

Craig, thoughts?
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 14612
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Fantasy FB Forecast

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 12 Oct 2017, 09:09

CourtesyFlush wrote:Thinking of adding Danny Amendola to my lineup from the free agent pool this week. I currently have TY Hilton, Willie Snead, and Terrelle Pryor starting (AJ Green on bye). I picked up Peterson earlier this week when he was traded but might drop him since I don't have much faith in the Cards.

Craig, thoughts?


i would rather roster Amendola, i think AP is done. you have enough WRs so when amendola inevitably gets injured i don't think it will be a big deal to drop him and there will be some running back on the wire who can produce as much as adrian that you can pick up at that point, but i believe i would start amendola immediately this week over Snead.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 7766
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Re: Fantasy FB Forecast

Postby CourtesyFlush » 12 Oct 2017, 09:14

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Thinking of adding Danny Amendola to my lineup from the free agent pool this week. I currently have TY Hilton, Willie Snead, and Terrelle Pryor starting (AJ Green on bye). I picked up Peterson earlier this week when he was traded but might drop him since I don't have much faith in the Cards.

Craig, thoughts?


i would rather roster Amendola, i think AP is done. you have enough WRs so when amendola inevitably gets injured i don't think it will be a big deal to drop him and there will be some running back on the wire who can produce as much as adrian that you can pick up at that point, but i believe i would start amendola immediately this week over Snead.

I just went and added him. I think Snead has some value if he's healthy, but I like DA in the Edelman role.

Another one for you--Austin Sefarian-Jenkins or Jordan Reed? Reed's been whelming so far this year and ASJ has been hot since being activated. Thoughts?
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 14612
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Fantasy FB Forecast

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 12 Oct 2017, 09:16

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Thinking of adding Danny Amendola to my lineup from the free agent pool this week. I currently have TY Hilton, Willie Snead, and Terrelle Pryor starting (AJ Green on bye). I picked up Peterson earlier this week when he was traded but might drop him since I don't have much faith in the Cards.

Craig, thoughts?


i would rather roster Amendola, i think AP is done. you have enough WRs so when amendola inevitably gets injured i don't think it will be a big deal to drop him and there will be some running back on the wire who can produce as much as adrian that you can pick up at that point, but i believe i would start amendola immediately this week over Snead.

I just went and added him. I think Snead has some value if he's healthy, but I like DA in the Edelman role.

Another one for you--Austin Sefarian-Jenkins or Jordan Reed? Reed's been whelming so far this year and ASJ has been hot since being activated. Thoughts?


tbh i don't really have a strong opinion on this one, could go either way for me. Dong?
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 7766
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Re: Fantasy FB Forecast

Postby CourtesyFlush » 12 Oct 2017, 09:17

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Thinking of adding Danny Amendola to my lineup from the free agent pool this week. I currently have TY Hilton, Willie Snead, and Terrelle Pryor starting (AJ Green on bye). I picked up Peterson earlier this week when he was traded but might drop him since I don't have much faith in the Cards.

Craig, thoughts?


i would rather roster Amendola, i think AP is done. you have enough WRs so when amendola inevitably gets injured i don't think it will be a big deal to drop him and there will be some running back on the wire who can produce as much as adrian that you can pick up at that point, but i believe i would start amendola immediately this week over Snead.

I just went and added him. I think Snead has some value if he's healthy, but I like DA in the Edelman role.

Another one for you--Austin Sefarian-Jenkins or Jordan Reed? Reed's been whelming so far this year and ASJ has been hot since being activated. Thoughts?


tbh i don't really have a strong opinion on this one, could go either way for me. Dong?

I'm assuming both guys have one so I'm not sure how that would impact them from a fantasy perspective.



OH, you meant you want BD's thoughts on the matter.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 14612
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Fantasy FB Forecast

Postby TheWolf » 12 Oct 2017, 09:34

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Thinking of adding Danny Amendola to my lineup from the free agent pool this week. I currently have TY Hilton, Willie Snead, and Terrelle Pryor starting (AJ Green on bye). I picked up Peterson earlier this week when he was traded but might drop him since I don't have much faith in the Cards.

Craig, thoughts?


i would rather roster Amendola, i think AP is done. you have enough WRs so when amendola inevitably gets injured i don't think it will be a big deal to drop him and there will be some running back on the wire who can produce as much as adrian that you can pick up at that point, but i believe i would start amendola immediately this week over Snead.

I just went and added him. I think Snead has some value if he's healthy, but I like DA in the Edelman role.

Another one for you--Austin Sefarian-Jenkins or Jordan Reed? Reed's been whelming so far this year and ASJ has been hot since being activated. Thoughts?


tbh i don't really have a strong opinion on this one, could go either way for me. Dong?

I'm assuming both guys have one so I'm not sure how that would impact them from a fantasy perspective.



OH, you meant you want BD's thoughts on the matter.


I laughed!

I like Reed more, but keep in mind that I've watched less football this year than I ever have before, so I'm likely talking out of my ass and basing that decision solely on their respective preseason rankings.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 18437
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

PreviousNext

Return to Sue Clinton Portis

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests