Fantasy FB Forecast

Fantasy Sports

Re: Fantasy FB Forecast

Postby CourtesyFlush » 01 Nov 2017, 10:37

chrisco wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
JT99 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:As of this morning, I no longer play fake sports with board villain Jared.

I've kind of soured on fantasy this season. I think I'm just in too many leagues, and it has become more of a chore than something I'm actually interested in doing every week. Jared reached out to me yesterday to ask what's up with my decreased participation levels this season. Since it has become apparent to the rest of the league that I'm not giving it 100%, I talked to our commish and said that I'd play out the year but would not be returning next season. Since this is a keeper league, I wanted to let him know that now so that no one would claim shenanigans if I traded away my good players for keepers, and then quit the league next year. Anyway, he said he had someone who was willing to take over my shitty team now, so that he could make his own decisions about how to play out the rest of the year and potentially acquire keepers for next year's draft. I accepted this offer, and have now officially dropped from 5 leagues to 4. I think I'll drop 1 or 2 others next year and get back to basics - My long-time league with FTT (the only league I'm in that still has a big draft event, easily the best part of fake sports), the second league that spun off with the same core group of guys, and that might be enough for me.

OK.

Good move.

More time with the wife.

This made me laugh. Even though it was unkind.

I feel ya. I had two leagues fold on me this summer and was very happy to be down to the $OT$G Cash League and my pickem.

I did three leagues a couple years ago and it was bad enough. I scaled back to my one auction league. I don't know how married dudes (with kids especially) handle multiple leagues and stay married. Being married is hard work! lol
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 02 Nov 2017, 07:26

I like being in 3 leagues, they all have slightly different rules but all are competitive. One is an nj league with a live draft. The live draft makes a big difference, that’s my favorite one, the commish makes sure everyone tries hard the whole year. Then theres a league with people I know from back home, Chicago area, highest $ league. And then the league with a bunch of internet randos(here). I care about each league but 3 is definitely my max, wouldn’t go any higher.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby mj3528 » 02 Nov 2017, 09:07

Dr Jeckyll wrote:I like being in 3 leagues, they all have slightly different rules but all are competitive. One is an nj league with a live draft. The live draft makes a big difference, that’s my favorite one, the commish makes sure everyone tries hard the whole year. Then theres a league with people I know from back home, Chicago area, highest $ league. And then the league with a bunch of internet randos(here). I care about each league but 3 is definitely my max, wouldn’t go any higher.

I have only done multiple leagues a couple of 3 times. I like to have as close to identical rosters when I do that. That is not smart but I did it anyway.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 02 Nov 2017, 09:35

thinking about dropping Davante Adams for Corey Davis in a league, Corey Davis is supposedly fully healthy now. MTM do you think the packers offense is going to continue to suck or Hundley will get things on track?
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby paje » 03 Nov 2017, 06:18

Dr Jeckyll wrote:thinking about dropping Davante Adams for Corey Davis in a league, Corey Davis is supposedly fully healthy now. MTM do you think the packers offense is going to continue to suck or Hundley will get things on track?

I dropped Ted Ginn in one league and W. Smallwood in another both for Davis. I think if there is anyone at WR who "comes out of nowhere" to have a monster second half and win leagues, it's Davis. Adams has much more value than the guys I dropped, or at least he did when Rodgers was playing. In my opinion it depends on the rest of your team. I think Adams has a higher floor, so if you need to start one of these guys and be assured some production, it's probably Adams. If you're otherwise pretty set at WR and looking for a "lottery ticket" then I think its Corey Davis. He could be a league winner/ could be a dud.
paje
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Frank the Tank » 03 Nov 2017, 07:51

I’m in four leagues this year after being in five last year. Of the four I’m in, I enjoy three very much. The fourth one is one that almost folded this year, but didn’t. It’s a keeper league where I’m friends with the commish so I feel a need not to leave them high and dry, but if it folded I’d shed no tears.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby TheWolf » 06 Nov 2017, 08:43

I lost to a team that didn't start a QB. Good job, good effort.

My 2017 fantasy season so far: 1 league quit, 1 all but mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, 2 where my record indicates I have a chance my I almost literally don't expect to win another game the rest of the season, and 1 decent team that will probably be like a 3 seed and lose in the first round. Whattafakesport!
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 10 Nov 2017, 09:52

Quite the conundrum with zeke. My understanding is at the earliest he will be back week 14 but more likely he will serve the full suspension and come back week 16. I’m debating flatout dropping him. I’m in second place now so I️ think I’m likely to make the playoffs regardless but would like to get the first round bye if I️ can. What are other people doing with this sitch in their leagues?
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 10 Nov 2017, 09:55

Dr Jeckyll wrote:Quite the conundrum with zeke. My understanding is at the earliest he will be back week 14 but more likely he will serve the full suspension and come back week 16. I’m debating flatout dropping him. I’m in second place now so I️ think I’m likely to make the playoffs regardless but would like to get the first round bye if I️ can. What are other people doing with this sitch in their leagues?

You gotta stash him. I picked up Alf in as many leagues as possible but who knows how that'll turn out.

But if you got Zeke you gotta stash him, especially if you have a little buffer there to make the playoffs.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 10 Nov 2017, 10:01

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:Quite the conundrum with zeke. My understanding is at the earliest he will be back week 14 but more likely he will serve the full suspension and come back week 16. I’m debating flatout dropping him. I’m in second place now so I️ think I’m likely to make the playoffs regardless but would like to get the first round bye if I️ can. What are other people doing with this sitch in their leagues?

You gotta stash him. I picked up Alf in as many leagues as possible but who knows how that'll turn out.

But if you got Zeke you gotta stash him, especially if you have a little buffer there to make the playoffs.

TY. The best rb option on the wire is bilal Powell, so yeah...maybe just wait.
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby Frank the Tank » 10 Nov 2017, 11:09

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:

TY. The best rb option on the wire is bilal Powell, so yeah...maybe just wait.

I agree with MTM wholeheartedly. I’ve been wasting a roster spot on David Johnson in one league, but the thought of my playoff opponent facing me with him in week 15 is too painful to bear. It’s a horrible situation, but the only way you even think of letting Zeke go right now is in some kind of dynasty league where you can actually get more back for him now in exchange for letting another owner have him in future seasons.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby TheWolf » 13 Nov 2017, 09:25

Good job, good effort.
Attachments
2017-11-13 09_24_19-Fantasy Football _ Yahoo! Sports.png
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 13 Nov 2017, 15:47

TheWolf wrote:Good job, good effort.

we all have off-weeks thewolf, no need to beat yourself up over it :) . only comment is i don't think i would ever start a defense going up against new orleans.
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby chrisco » 13 Nov 2017, 16:09

Dr Jeckyll wrote:

we all have off-weeks thewolf, no need to beat yourself up over it :) . only comment is i don't think i would ever start a defense going up against new orleans.

That Rams D is rolling so hard right now doe. I might end up tossing them into the buzzsaw that is their second half.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 13 Nov 2017, 16:24

chrisco wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:

That Rams D is rolling so hard right now doe. I might end up tossing them into the buzzsaw that is their second half.

sco- your team is a wagon in the sotsg league, going to defer to your judgment on this matter.
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

PreviousNext

Return to Sue Clinton Portis