Fantasy baseball trade advice

Fantasy Sports

Re: Fantasy baseball trade advice

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 25 May 2011, 12:12

I immediately regretted trading Daniel Hudson for Andrew Bailey.
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13033
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Fantasy baseball trade advice

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 01 Jun 2011, 21:30

MisterTambourineMan wrote:I immediately regretted trading Daniel Hudson for Andrew Bailey.


go on...
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 7759
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Re: Fantasy baseball trade advice

Postby ctz31 » 05 Jun 2011, 22:22

I've gotten a couple of pretty attractive offers for Elvis Andrus this week. I have the MI depth, and the deals would help me in positions I need it, but I am scared he is about to go HAM for the rest of this summer, and the next few years, and I'll regret trading him. Talk me into it....
User avatar
ctz31
#nnf
 
Posts: 9663
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: Fantasy baseball trade advice

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 07 Jun 2011, 07:04

ctz31 wrote:I've gotten a couple of pretty attractive offers for Elvis Andrus this week. I have the MI depth, and the deals would help me in positions I need it, but I am scared he is about to go HAM for the rest of this summer, and the next few years, and I'll regret trading him. Talk me into it....


define "attractive". what are the offers?
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 7759
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Re: Fantasy baseball trade advice

Postby ctz31 » 07 Jun 2011, 07:29

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
ctz31 wrote:I've gotten a couple of pretty attractive offers for Elvis Andrus this week. I have the MI depth, and the deals would help me in positions I need it, but I am scared he is about to go HAM for the rest of this summer, and the next few years, and I'll regret trading him. Talk me into it....


define "attractive". what are the offers?


I'm not in great shape relief pitcher wise, which is pretty important in this league. He offered me Jose Valverde and Polanco for Andrus. My current middle infield is Weeks at 2B, Hanley at SS, Andrus at MI, and I also have Rollins who I usually throw in my utility spot. So as I said I have the depth there. But Hanley and Rollins have been pretty average, if not downright bad, and it looks like Andrus is about to go off.

I offered him Rollins for the same deal, and he laughed at me.

ETA: He also offered me Jordan Walden and Mark Reynolds. Walden would be good keeper value if he holds the job as a 15th rounder next year, and Reynolds is ok but nothing spectacular because you don't get dinged for K's in this league.
User avatar
ctz31
#nnf
 
Posts: 9663
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: Fantasy baseball trade advice

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 07 Jun 2011, 08:48

without knowing the rules of your league....neither of those deals sounds that great to me. under no circumstances would i consider that mark reynolds deal, he blows. walden's not bad but i wouldn't consider it close to fair value. the other deal, maybe, if you're desperate for a closer. fwiw rotoworld just came out with a new top 250 and ranked EA 30th.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 7759
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Re: Fantasy baseball trade advice

Postby ctz31 » 16 Mar 2012, 10:41

That time of year Porno (and anyone else that feels like offering an opinion). Keepers due tomorrow. After years of relying on some great players, their round value has finally gotten too high and i've had to cut them loose. My options aren't great this year, so i've decided to try to keep mostly late rd guys and load up in the early rounds of the draft. Format is: keep 5 from any round, another from between rds 20-25, and one more from between rds 26-30.

I think I'm definitely keeping Votto 6th, Putz 16th (as always closers are important in this league), Beckett 15th (is this a good move?), Nova 29th. I am also considering keeping Johan in the 26th for the value, even though i already have the 26-30 rd. filled (again good move, or no?).

So that means I need one more keeper from any round, and one from 20-25. I don't have good options in that rd. slot. They are Peavy 22nd, Moreland 23rd, Zambrano 25th. Who should it be?

As my last keeper, options are Andrus 8th, Weeks 9th, Freeman 16th, Hellickson 19th. I don't really like much else.

So to recap. My questions are: Is it smart to keep Beckett, Johan and Nova in their respective rounds? Who should I keep in the 20-25 rd. slot? And who should my last keeper be of the players listed in their respective rounds? TYIA

ctz31
User avatar
ctz31
#nnf
 
Posts: 9663
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: Fantasy baseball trade advice

Postby PornoGil » 16 Mar 2012, 11:06

ctz31 wrote:So to recap. My questions are: Is it smart to keep Beckett, Johan and Nova in their respective rounds? Who should I keep in the 20-25 rd. slot? And who should my last keeper be of the players listed in their respective rounds? TYIA

ctz31

These are some tough ones, 31.

Beckett - I hate him (grrr) and he's due for a shit year, since he has been pretty consistent with the good year -> bad year -> good year -> bad year trend the past 7 years or so, but I think you gotta keep him. Top 10-ish SP when he's on.

Johan - Low risk, but still probably not worth it. Wouldn't expect much from him.

nasty Nova - not crazy about him, but definitely worth it as a 29th round guy.

20-25 Pick - Guh. Moreland, I guess. Someone will probably get hurt to make sure he gets his ABs. 2nd full season, good lineup = some decent upside here.

Last Keeper - I got you keeping Moreland, so it would probably be dumb to keep a third 1B. SP and 2B are sneaky deep. I go Andrus. Easily the safest pick of the group, IMO. Top 5 SS, which is a pretty weak position.
User avatar
PornoGil
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4582
Joined: 06 Sep 2006, 13:00

Re: Fantasy baseball trade advice

Postby Colonel Angus » 30 Mar 2012, 09:47

Douchiest fantasy baseball league in the world?

http://bottlereport.com/2012/03/29/does ... of-course/
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
User avatar
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC
 
Posts: 18626
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 15:09

Re: Fantasy baseball trade advice

Postby ONTB » 01 Apr 2012, 10:00

Colonel Angus wrote:Douchiest fantasy baseball league in the world?

http://bottlereport.com/2012/03/29/does ... of-course/


Don't make fun of Farva's league.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5453
Joined: 22 Jan 2005, 17:41

Re: Fantasy baseball trade advice

Postby Gregs Kite » 01 Apr 2012, 12:35

Colonel Angus wrote:Douchiest fantasy baseball league in the world?

http://bottlereport.com/2012/03/29/does ... of-course/


Image


Tom seems despondent over Bills lack of fresh silverware. He was always the smug one.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23715
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Fantasy baseball trade advice

Postby ctz31 » 24 Apr 2012, 09:56

ctz31 wrote:So that means I need one more keeper from any round, and one from 20-25. I don't have good options in that rd. slot. They are Peavy 22nd, Moreland 23rd, Zambrano 25th. Who should it be?

So to recap. My questions are: Is it smart to keep Beckett, Johan and Nova in their respective rounds? Who should I keep in the 20-25 rd. slot? And who should my last keeper be of the players listed in their respective rounds? TYIA

ctz31


Really feelin my selection of Moreland over Peavy so far. :^o And to make it worse I squared off against Peavy (CGSO) in a different head to head league yesterday, while I had Fat Bart going in the same game. :x
User avatar
ctz31
#nnf
 
Posts: 9663
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: Fantasy baseball trade advice

Postby PornoGil » 25 Apr 2012, 12:48

ctz: Upon further review, it appears I gave you a real heaping of dogshit advice regarding your keepers. I apologize. Thankfully, I think 2 of the 3 o/u picks I gave you are on pace to hit in early August some time.
User avatar
PornoGil
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4582
Joined: 06 Sep 2006, 13:00

Re: Fantasy baseball trade advice

Postby ctz31 » 04 Jun 2012, 06:41

ctz31 wrote:
ctz31 wrote:So that means I need one more keeper from any round, and one from 20-25. I don't have good options in that rd. slot. They are Peavy 22nd, Moreland 23rd, Zambrano 25th. Who should it be?

So to recap. My questions are: Is it smart to keep Beckett, Johan and Nova in their respective rounds? Who should I keep in the 20-25 rd. slot? And who should my last keeper be of the players listed in their respective rounds? TYIA

ctz31


Really feelin my selection of Moreland over Peavy so far. :^o And to make it worse I squared off against Peavy (CGSO) in a different head to head league yesterday, while I had Fat Bart going in the same game. :x


This just keeps getting better. Peavy v. Johan starting in the All-Star Game. Who says no? Also, not feeling my move of dropping A. Chapman, who i drafted in the 27th rd, in the first week of the season (in a league where he would be a keeper now for 6 or 7 years) to pick up a backup 3b. I am certainly no Billy Beane.
User avatar
ctz31
#nnf
 
Posts: 9663
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: Fantasy baseball trade advice

Postby God Shamgod » 28 Mar 2013, 15:34

Somehow got into both an AL and NL only league this year with some decent money involved. Need some help. Sleepers, Busts etc
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
User avatar
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD
 
Posts: 5671
Joined: 26 Sep 2005, 10:06
Location: rehab

PreviousNext

Return to Sue Clinton Portis

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest