I'm a FF commissioner for the first time...

Fantasy Sports

Re: I'm a FF commissioner for the first time...

Postby Frank the Tank » 13 Aug 2014, 06:44

SDGuy wrote:Anyone have any creative (but non labor intensive) ways to determine a draft order? 95% chance I'm letting Yahoo! randomize it, but if someone has something different I'll go with that.

In our long-time league we use the local lottery numbers. Twelve teams, last year's first place finisher gets the Monday afternoon Play 4, second place finisher gets the Monday evening Play 4, and so on through Saturday. We have a spreadsheet that computes the probability your number will hold up for any given draft spot.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby nova » 13 Aug 2014, 12:10

SDGuy wrote:Anyone have any creative (but non labor intensive) ways to determine a draft order? 95% chance I'm letting Yahoo! randomize it, but if someone has something different I'll go with that.

Since this is SOTSG, I think you should do it by dick size. Small guy goes first. He could use the pick me up.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 13 Aug 2014, 12:16

names on golf balls pulled from a crown royal bag.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby JT99 » 13 Aug 2014, 12:23

I believe that our league assigns baseball teams and uses the last 2-3 numbers from the attendance of their Friday game that week.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Colonel Angus » 25 Sep 2014, 09:40

There's no "Random Thoughts" thread for fantasy and I don't think there really needs to be, so I'm posting this here.

I get a number of fantasy football newsletters sent to my Hotmail (spam) account, including one from FFToolbox that is decent. They have apparently partnered with Scout this year to host fantasy football leagues. I just got an e-mail from them saying the following:

Announcement: Adrian Peterson will NOT be allowed back into the Player Pool of Free Agency.

After much thought we have decided to NOT allow Adrian Peterson back in the player pool if he is cut from any Scout Fantasy league. For Dynasty, in the event he is released, he would be re-instated for the free agent / rookie draft after the season. We just couldn't live with the possibility that any of this year's Champions would have resulted from a late season addition of Adrian Peterson for the stretch run. Ultimately, we feel that this would do our contest and our participants more harm than good. Thank you for your patience with this difficult decision.

This is interesting to me. My league uses ESPN (suck it, BSMB!) and I can understand the logistical reasons for it, but I think I would be pretty pissed if they told us we couldn't use Peterson if he were to be reinstated.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 25 Sep 2014, 10:01

Colonel Angus wrote:There's no "Random Thoughts" thread for fantasy and I don't think there really needs to be, so I'm posting this here.

I get a number of fantasy football newsletters sent to my Hotmail (spam) account, including one from FFToolbox that is decent. They have apparently partnered with Scout this year to host fantasy football leagues. I just got an e-mail from them saying the following:

Announcement: Adrian Peterson will NOT be allowed back into the Player Pool of Free Agency.

After much thought we have decided to NOT allow Adrian Peterson back in the player pool if he is cut from any Scout Fantasy league. For Dynasty, in the event he is released, he would be re-instated for the free agent / rookie draft after the season. We just couldn't live with the possibility that any of this year's Champions would have resulted from a late season addition of Adrian Peterson for the stretch run. Ultimately, we feel that this would do our contest and our participants more harm than good. Thank you for your patience with this difficult decision.

This is interesting to me. My league uses ESPN (suck it, BSMB!) and I can understand the logistical reasons for it, but I think I would be pretty pissed if they told us we couldn't use Peterson if he were to be reinstated.

MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby SouthernYokel » 25 Sep 2014, 10:06

that email reads like it only applies if you cut him. so if you stashed him on your bench and he was reinstated you could keep using him. otherwise, if he's on waivers or free agency, i get it. somebody drafted him and cut him, and probably someone else will get him off the wire. kind of unfair since it was a total fuckup by the NFL and nobody knew how long he'd be out.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 25 Sep 2014, 14:50

SouthernYokel wrote:that email reads like it only applies if you cut him. so if you stashed him on your bench and he was reinstated you could keep using him. otherwise, if he's on waivers or free agency, i get it. somebody drafted him and cut him, and probably someone else will get him off the wire. kind of unfair since it was a total fuckup by the NFL and nobody knew how long he'd be out.

What I'm getting from this is that all FF teams need to be dumped back to FA and a new draft take place, starting in the SOTSG fantasy league!
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby SouthernYokel » 25 Sep 2014, 14:56

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:that email reads like it only applies if you cut him. so if you stashed him on your bench and he was reinstated you could keep using him. otherwise, if he's on waivers or free agency, i get it. somebody drafted him and cut him, and probably someone else will get him off the wire. kind of unfair since it was a total fuckup by the NFL and nobody knew how long he'd be out.

What I'm getting from this is that all FF teams need to be dumped back to FA and a new draft take place, starting in the SOTSG fantasy league!

Seconded
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby ctz31 » 22 Oct 2014, 08:00

I'm currently irked by Yahoo. I am the 7th place team and I put in bids for two players and they were both denied. But BOTH went to the 8th place team. The ww does not seem to be working properly. I emailed the fuckers. Anyone else ever experience this with Yahoo?
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby Frank the Tank » 22 Oct 2014, 08:06

ctz31 wrote:I'm currently irked by Yahoo. I am the 7th place team and I put in bids for two players and they were both denied. But BOTH went to the 8th place team. The ww does not seem to be working properly. I emailed the fuckers. Anyone else ever experience this with Yahoo?

In most leagues the initial waiver order is set in reverse order of the draft order. After that l, each time you're awarded a player in a waiver claim, you go to the bottom of the waiver priority list. This continues all season. It has nothing to do with what place you're in. A commissioner can set waivers to clear in reverse order of the current standings, but that's not the default and most people don't use that setting believing that being at the bottom of the standings shouldn't be a reward.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Colonel Angus » 22 Oct 2014, 08:09

Frank the Tank wrote:
ctz31 wrote:I'm currently irked by Yahoo. I am the 7th place team and I put in bids for two players and they were both denied. But BOTH went to the 8th place team. The ww does not seem to be working properly. I emailed the fuckers. Anyone else ever experience this with Yahoo?

In most leagues the initial waiver order is set in reverse order of the draft order. After that l, each time you're awarded a player in a waiver claim, you go to the bottom of the waiver priority list. This continues all season. It has nothing to do with what place you're in. A commissioner can set waivers to clear in reverse order of the current standings, but that's not the default and most people don't use that setting believing that being at the bottom of the standings shouldn't be a reward.

This is true, but wouldn't explain how the other team got BOTH players ctz tried to claim.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 22 Oct 2014, 08:12

Colonel Angus wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

This is true, but wouldn't explain how the other team got BOTH players ctz tried to claim.

I think Yahoo's is crap because I never get my waiver wire claims and this is obviously the reason I am in last place in the SOTSG league.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Frank the Tank » 22 Oct 2014, 08:19

Oh, yeah. That's bullshit. I failed the reading comprehension portion of that post.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby CourtesyFlush » 26 Jan 2016, 08:56

My work league commissioner still hasn't paid me for winning the league. What's an acceptable amount of time before I drive down to Atlanta and beat down his door?
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to Sue Clinton Portis