I'm a FF commissioner for the first time...

Fantasy Sports

I'm a FF commissioner for the first time...

Postby TheDooze » 27 Jun 2005, 07:54

What should I do?
TheDooze
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Rickey Sez » 27 Jun 2005, 08:15

Make out with the ladies in your bedroom.

Use the line "I'm the Commish, bitchez! I will govern you!". Works every time.
I'd like to see a pair of boobs that would prompt me to write home. Maybe Scarlett Johannson level quality? "Dear Mom and Dad, I saw an awesome rack today. They were perfect. Everything else is fine. Love, BD79."
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby TheDooze » 27 Jun 2005, 08:18

Excellent advice.
TheDooze
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Nelson Muntz » 27 Jun 2005, 09:16

I'm glad you asked such a pointed question to which we can provide some specific feedback. So you're stuck with my generic $0.02 -- basically, what I followed when I ran leagues back in the day and my pet peeves with my current leagues:
* Make sure everyone pays you on time and, more important, make sure you pay out promptly once the season ends. The guy that runs one of my leagues pulled the "I'll pay you on the 15th" shit with me this year; I left him for dead.
* If you're using CBS Sportsline, make sure you keep current with the weekly updates. No doubt you can come up with some witty stuff, plus you have free reign as Commish to rip on everyone else. But no one wants to log on and see the update from two weeks ago.
* Either allow ties or come up with a good in-game tiebreaker system. "X was the 'home' team, so he wins the game" is a bullshit tiebreaker and actually had playoff ramificiations in my other league last year.
* Be willing to listen to other owners, but don't take shit from them.
Nelson Muntz
Another dude worth meeting

Postby TheDooze » 27 Jun 2005, 09:25

Hmm. I was thinking of going with ESPN, but since CBS has "weekly updates", I might switch over.

Second, everybody must be paid by the draft, which will be in mid-August at soccer camp. There will be a large draft board and everything. Even my coach and athletic director will be in, under assumed names (so the parents don't get mad).

The in-game tiebreaker system, for right now, is whichever player, if from the HS Senior pool has the female companion with the better body. Or, if they are a Yankee fan (which two of them are), they lose any ties, even if they are playing each other.
TheDooze
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Nelson Muntz » 27 Jun 2005, 10:31

(Sorry, Doozer, your Michigan high school humor does not translate very well...)

I think it's called "League News." Pretty cool feature where you can write an article that looks just like an article written by the Sportsline staff. Always provides good message board fodder.
Nelson Muntz
Another dude worth meeting

Postby TheWolf » 27 Jun 2005, 10:38

The Sportsline "Leage News" is a fantastic feature. It really allows you to taunt your opponents very effectively.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby fatty » 29 Jun 2005, 14:28

I never liked CBS's ff, mostly because every time I came up with a team name, they killed it for being "offensive"...fuck them, fuck them right in the ear!
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Location: velvet bob ross knows not the physical limits of "location"

Postby TheWolf » 29 Jun 2005, 14:35

So in the yahoo league, your team name should be "Fuck CBS" because they'll allow offensive names.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby fatty » 29 Jun 2005, 14:36

Oh no, I'll change my name weekly to harass/offend/embarrass my opponent. It's a tradition.
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby TheWolf » 29 Jun 2005, 14:53

And a damn good tradition it sounds like.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby fatty » 29 Jun 2005, 14:55

Yep..."Pokedursister" was a favorite, especially when it came to playing a guy whose sister I actually dated.
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Tecmo Bo » 29 Jun 2005, 15:04

Dooze, tell everyone they must address you as "My Lord" or else. That always goes over very well.
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby fatty » 30 Jun 2005, 03:40

Have an option in your league where the owners can veto a trade by a vote or whatever. Nothing sucks more than having to do all the math to prove if a trade is fair or not.
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Frank the Tank » 30 Jun 2005, 07:27

fatty wrote:Have an option in your league where the owners can veto a trade by a vote or whatever. Nothing sucks more than having to do all the math to prove if a trade is fair or not.

This is key. In a baseball fantasy league I once saw a trade the commissioner refused to veto ruin a friendship. Take that ball out of your court.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Next

Return to Sue Clinton Portis